Sehwag v. Jaffer

Chaos

Jaffer's knock today was PURE CLASS. A glorious exhibition of Indian-style strokeplay. I will never forget that pull shot of his...what audacity. More importantly, he looked VERY good against Shoaib Akhtar - played him with a lot of confidence. To even think of dropping him is ridiculous. Too bad he got out to a superb catch, but that was the only way he could have been dismissed.

My dad said he cant play pace properly. It was crazy right when Karthik got out' date=' my dad was like this guy is going to get out next ball and so he did. I feel like Sehwag should be brought back in for Aus series, lets see what karthik can do for the remaining series hes a hardworking cricketer no doubt, he scored the most runs this season. I feel like Jaffer is a good player but he gets good starts and then gets out. He needs to work on that. Sehwag should sit in the wings just like Yuvraj has been.[/quote'] No offense but did your dad play ranji cricket or something?
KKD cannot be our opener in TEST matches in AUS. KKD cannot be our opener in TEST matches. PERIOD. Pls. get someone else - Gambhir, Chopra, Shikhar Dhawan whoever - A REGULAR OPENER with SOUND technique.
Gambhir? Chopra? sound technique? plz tell me what are you on, it'll help ease the pain when we get screwed down under :beer:
Gambhir? Chopra? sound technique? plz tell me what are you on, it'll help ease the pain when we get screwed down under :beer:
Living, I agree Gambhir does not have "sound" technique. Akash Chopra certainly was the best in 2004. But now I dont know if he is in form or not. So cannot assure that. If the reality is that we dont have any sound openers to play in Aus, then that is reality - and we are going to suffer becos of lack of opening partnerships.
Jaffer is an aggressive opener. He doesn't score at an SR of 70 like Sehwag did but he gets them a fair clip and he knows how to convert 40s and 50s into big scores. Likewise with Karthik - a batsman who always plays his shots.
Right on Preds. As I mentioned earlier, WJ is a free flowing bat and given the true nature of the Aussie pitches, I can see him scoring runs at a fair clip(not as manic as Veeru though). Today's knock was sublime. This guy has done the trick for us once again in the 2nd innings. (v Eng Nagpur, v WI 1st test, today)