The Android Thread

StriKe

in scheme of things they make nothing from hardware sales and they already got android on other devices very close to stock you cannot ask them to make it look similar but crapware is gone and speed is same. use lg phone from 2 years ago and today ..software is really good.
Thats what my point is - when they can make good devices then why not do it and try to sell them in big numbers instead of having them limited to a small number of people who really like technology enough to know that Google even makes phones.

Thats what my point is - when they can make good devices then why not do it and try to sell them in big numbers instead of having them limited to a small number of people who really like technology enough to know that Google even makes phones.
That is not their field Every nexus phone is made my some other company their main field is search and data and from that making money from ads . They make money from services and they force every phone manufacturer to put their service otherwise you don't get google play . Nexus was just developer device and got popular because of price and if they use it to make money they will sell it at price of nexus 6 ...in the end what's the point ? Not every company needs to sell hardware as there are companies much better at it already ...just look at galaxy s6 it hardware wise is perfect .

That is not their field Every nexus phone is made my some other company their main field is search and data and from that making money from ads . They make money from services and they force every phone manufacturer to put their service otherwise you don't get google play . Nexus was just developer device and got popular because of price and if they use it to make money they will sell it at price of nexus 6 ...in the end what's the point ? Not every company needs to sell hardware as there are companies much better at it already ...just look at galaxy s6 it hardware wise is perfect .
Sending balloons up in the air to provide internet or google glass or self driving cars are also not their field. In fact a mobile device to go with their android OS is their field way more than many other projects they are pursuing.

Sending balloons up in the air to provide internet or google glass or self driving cars are also not their field. In fact a mobile device to go with their android OS is their field way more than many other projects they are pursuing.
lol...none of them are consumer devices that is just research and you have to understand they are service company they want to control internet and now you are seeing them getting into carriers and they already have google fiber service. its not clear what big plan is but can assure you it is not to become hardware manufacturer like apple.

lol...none of them are consumer devices that is just research and you have to understand they are service company they want to control internet and now you are seeing them getting into carriers and they already have google fiber service. its not clear what big plan is but can assure you it is not to become hardware manufacturer like apple.
Google is no longer just a service company - its into way too many areas to be limited to just services. Its into robotics and owns Nest (which anyway produces a range of products), it has bought 7 robotics companies and will most probably use these to make devices which can be used in manufacturing (read this - http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/12/04/technology/google-puts-money-on-robots-using-the-man-behind-android.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0&referrer=), Oh I can assure you that at some point (maybe in 1-2 years or in 5-6 years) they will manufacture hardware (be it mobiles or tablets or laptops or another version of google glass or even self driving cars in the longer term) on a large scale. It is inevitable.

Google is no longer just a service company - its into way too many areas to be limited to just services. Its into robotics and owns Nest (which anyway produces a range of products)' date=' it has bought 7 robotics companies and will most probably use these to make devices which can be used in manufacturing (read this - [url']http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/12/04/technology/google-puts-money-on-robots-using-the-man-behind-android.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0&referrer=), Oh I can assure you that at some point (maybe in 1-2 years or in 5-6 years) they will manufacture hardware (be it mobiles or tablets or laptops or another version of google glass or even self driving cars in the longer term) on a large scale. It is inevitable.
google is one company who are not afraid of venturing into unrelated areas to its core competency.. one or two out of 10 or 11 such ventures have some chance of making it big , but not the every thing it tries.. when samsung bought android ( from rubin + danger ) it was not into h/w or mobiles at that time .. interestingly rubin gave presentations abt android to samsung before giving it to google.. Samsung literally laughed frm their asses and told rubin & his team to buzz off .. :haha:

google is one company who are not afraid of venturing into unrelated areas to its core competency.. one or two out of 10 or 11 such ventures have some chance of making it big , but not the every thing it tries.. when samsung bought android ( from rubin + danger ) it was not into h/w or mobiles at that time .. interestingly rubin gave presentations abt android to samsung before giving it to google.. Samsung literally laughed frm their asses and told rubin & his team to buzz off .. :haha:
That is why I am sure they will be in hardware sooner rather than later. Rubin is now in charge of Robotics at Google - he has always been interested in that even as he developed Android......so I have high hopes on that area. Yeah....there's a history of big companies letting go of such chances - yahoo could have bought google very early on but didn't. Now google is many times as big as yahoo.

Just see the example of Chromebooks - initially people thought they were a crazy idea (many still do). During last year's holiday season the top 3 best selling Computers on Amazon were ALL chromebooks (in USA). Read these 3 articles to see the incredible rise of Chromebooks in the sales charts, in schools and in workplaces: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2863936/amazons-three-top-selling-computers-for-the-holidays-were-chromebooks.html http://www.pcworld.com/article/2855768/why-chromebooks-are-schooling-ipads-in-education.html http://www.pcworld.com/article/2454282/chromebook-sales-explode-in-the-workplace.html Yesterday Google launched the Chromebook Pixel 2 - every single review (from Verge to Wired, from Re/Code to Wall Street Journal etc) says that they love it.....the problem right now is that its rather costly and some important stuff still cant be done on it. The price fell from $1300 to $999 from the last version to this one and I expect it to fall further in the next version. Also, the Chrome OS has come a long way in terms of functionality since the first Chromebook Pixel was launched 2 years ago - I expect it go become even better when the next version is launched in 1-2 years. Then this too will sell in large numbers.

Chromebook is bad example I won't be able to reply after this but chrome book is perfect example comapreable to nexus line up Chromebook sare not made by Google but every pc oem and they sell majority and Google only makes pixel as reference development device which is not made in bulk and even document which leaked from company says this that they are not expecting to sell it much at all and its development platform. It's to show what chrome is at its best can do not to sell and if other companies start making device like this Google won't ...

I am trying move to cricket wireless from ATT. II have an option of HTC desire 510 and moto e. which phone do you suggest ? Looks like moto e has better screen resolution and lower battery and lower processor.
There are around 5 phones for the names you have provided. :) Ordering them based on my preference: Moto E - 2nd gen (LTE) > HTC Desire 510 - EU Model > HTC Desire 510 - US Model > Moto E - 2nd gen (3G) > Moto E - 1st gen I believe you've been offered one of Moto E - 2nd gen (LTE) and HTC Desire 510 - USA Model. This Moto E has better processor, better display and better battery. I'd say go for it.

There are around 5 phones for the names you have provided. :) Ordering them based on my preference: Moto E - 2nd gen (LTE) > HTC Desire 510 - EU Model > HTC Desire 510 - US Model > Moto E - 2nd gen (3G) > Moto E - 1st gen I believe you've been offered one of Moto E - 2nd gen (LTE) and HTC Desire 510 - USA Model. This Moto E has better processor, better display and better battery. I'd say go for it.
Yes it is moto e second gen. Thank you.

my colleague/classmate prepared a VR headset with just 200rs using cardboard + 2 lens + bands to hold it ... also checked google VR cardboard .. really impressed with how VR ( but with sample video ).. i strongly recommend some decently built VR headset if it is cheap cant beleive occulas & samsung charging 200 to 250 dollars for this .. should not cost more than 50 dollars

my colleague/classmate prepared a VR headset with just 200rs using cardboard + 2 lens + bands to hold it ... also checked google VR cardboard .. really impressed with how VR ( but with sample video ).. i strongly recommend some decently built VR headset if it is cheap cant beleive occulas & samsung charging 200 to 250 dollars for this .. should not cost more than 50 dollars
Explain in english.

Yup. I got one for 1000 from Amazon - works pretty well. As for ones by big companies - Oculus and Microsoft are the only ones making/about to make something which could be worth the money. Sony also has potential with Project Morpheus. Others are just fooling customers.