Sehwag will be back for test 3 & Aussie tour

Bumper

That is more or less the same argument that is used by Tendulkar worshippers here. "How can you drop India's best ever batsman' date=' he should be backed, blah blah". Bottom line - you DON'T pick your players on reputation. Teams should pick the players in form, it's as simple as that. Karthik has been a run machine since that Cape Town test and calling for his ouster after ONE failure is stupid[/quote'] But Sehwag failed in just 2 series. Tendulkar has been failing nonstop for close to 2 years, thats the difference
But Sehwag failed in just 2 series. Tendulkar has been failing nonstop for close to 2 years' date=' thats the difference[/quote'] Sehwag did F UCK ALL against Sri Lanka at home, nothing against Pakistan (that 257 was on a dead pitch), nothing against WI except for a big hundred on a pitch where everyone and their dogs scored hundreds, and i don't even need to mention the South African series. That is FOUR series he failed in. You are also ignoring the fact that his form for Delhi and for India in ODI's has been LOUSY. You don't pick players on reputation, end of story
So essentially made up your mind on Karthik by watching him face what , maybe 20 balls against Akhtar , that he isnt capable of handling him or other genuine quicks ? Just ridiculously amazing how quickly you have jumped to conclusions. And all your " Sehwag couldnt do any worse" is just mere wishful thinking at best and hopeless speculation at worst. Karthik has done enough to deserve an extended run at the top and he should get it. I like what i see in Karthik , a commited cricketer , a fighter. I hate to lose him for some over-weight opener who is essentially over the hill as far as his record is concerned.
Look am a big KKD fan myself. I like the lad & his attitude. But i just dont think he's good enough to keep Sehwag out from the squad to Australia. Sehwag has always played one or two big series defining knocks in his career so far. I dont see that potential in KKD. Its very important to back a player like Sehwag when you come up against BIG opponents.
Look am a big KKD fan myself. I like the lad & his attitude. But i just dont think he's good enough to keep Sehwag out from the squad to Australia. Sehwag has always played one or two big series defining knocks in his career so far. I dont see that potential in KKD. Its very important to back a player like Sehwag when you come up against BIG opponents.
Are you out of your mind ? "Not good enough" ? !! "Dont see the potential in him" ? !! So you say of someone who top-scored in a test series in England in a team that had Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly , Laxman in it and just recently scored one THE best innings in Challenger trophy finals' history to win the match for his team. Talk about not seeing the obvious. Please Bumps , dont accuse me of playing Tendulkar-favorite anymore. You are as biased as they come when it comes to backing your favorite players...
Sehwag did F UCK ALL against Sri Lanka at home' date=' nothing against Pakistan (that 257 was on a dead pitch), nothing against WI except for a big hundred on a pitch where everyone and their dogs scored hundreds, and i don't even need to mention the South African series. That is FOUR series he failed in. You are also ignoring the fact that his form for Delhi and for India in ODI's has been LOUSY. You don't pick players on reputation, end of story[/quote'] If you eliminate the biggest knock for every player in a series & compute his average, almost 90% would endup with a poor series. The fact of the matter is Sehwag failed vs Eng & SA. Even during his failure vs Eng, scored a useful 76* in a 4th innings chase. Among, Dravid, Ganguly, Tendulkar, Laxman, Jaffar all of them have had two consecutive poor series. Sehwag's not the only one. I dont care what he does for Delhi. I wont judge him based on what he does in our domestic games. I dont think thats a good indication of a proven batsman's value to the team.

marirs forget it. Let Sehwag come in team, Bumper will be the first one to start a thread "Why did I blindly believe in Sehwag?" ... Guaranteed (not abt the thread, but abt Sehwag's dismal performance)!!!!

If you eliminate the biggest knock for every player in a series & compute his average, almost 90% would endup with a poor series. The fact of the matter is Sehwag failed vs Eng & SA. Even during his failure vs Eng, scored a useful 76* in a 4th innings chase. Among, Dravid, Ganguly, Tendulkar, Laxman, Jaffar all of them have had two consecutive poor series. Sehwag's not the only one. I dont care what he does for Delhi. I wont judge him based on what he does in our domestic games. I dont think thats a good indication of a proven batsman's value to the team.
He did nothing against Sri Lanka. Why do you keep forgetting that ? I don't judge players on computed averages and that kind of bullsh*t. Keep things in perspective - Sehwag's 257 was in a dead match and he did nothing in the next two. Those are FOUR failed series - ie; one full season of failures - if you can't see that, then i won't bother addressing this point any longer. Fine, forget results in domestic cricket, but what about his sh itty form in ODIs ? The only reason why you want to pick him is because of his reputation and that's it.

Kartick will get another Test, maybe even two, but as I predicted, he was always going to be found out by a bowler of the class of Shoaib. Remember, he is a manufactured opener. He doesn't have the instincts of a natural opener to leave those howitzers outside the off alone. He'll be lamb fry to the Aussies. India could do worse than getting Dravid to open. He's coming in in the first or second over regularly anyway, and as things stand, is good for a max of 35 runs. Might as well move him up, and get Yuvraj in. Pretty sure this could happen as early as Bangalore if Kartick fails again, and as is likely with RP & Sreesanth out, Pakistan win at Kolkata.

IF KKD fails in the 2nd test Gautam Gambhir will open with Jaffar
Gambhir is shy.te against genuine pace in tests. He pokes at too many deliveries and is a definite caught behind/caught at slips candidate within the first couple of overs he has faced!
Funny u talk about performance, all of a sudden, when we talk about some players:haha: Have u ever seen Akhtar bowl with such confidence to an Indian top order ? The last few times we chased low totals veeru led the way. Remember how he started against McGrath & Gillespie in Chennai, when we had to chase 230 ? Or the test vs Eng when he scored 76* (chasing 150) or the Adelaide test (chasing 230) when he scored a useful 46 ? We need an attacking opener, cant have two conservative openers against Australia.
some valid points made by Bumps here, true that Karthik might be a good player, but Oz are pretty professional. They already would have worked a ploy against him. He may not stand for too long against a fast and furious attack. Sehwag is unpredictable to everyone. Remember what Gavaskar once said in his commentary. Bowl him a bad delivery, he will hit it. Bowl him a good one, he will hit it. So, it depends on the bowler to take his wicket. In tests certainly, I never was disappointed with Sehwag...
But Sehwag failed in just 2 series. Tendulkar has been failing nonstop for close to 2 years' date=' thats the difference[/quote'] Bumper, u r sombre!!!!!!!!!!! how on earth u can compare the consistancy of Sachin&Sehwag? Veeru is a great talent but for God's sake don't argue with Sachin's form and consistency.