Janata Parivar II

Texan

SP unveils action plan to counter BJP in 2017 assembly polls

LUCKNOW: Ruling Samajwadi Party will kickstart its action plan for the 2017 Assembly elections from Saturday by launching block-level campaigns and propagating government's schemes to counter what the party fears is the growing influence of the BJP in the state. "The party's state-wide campaign will be launched on Saturday and will continue till February 15. During the campaign, work done by the government will be highlighted and attempts will be made to connect with the people and fee ..
Read more at: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/46145381.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

And now Sharad Yadav has prepared a letter for the Governor asking him not to "entertain" Manjhi as he is now in a "minority". Political theater at its best. :hysterical::hysterical:
I guess the Governor is constitutionally required to listen to the CM' date=' not the President of the ruling party.[/quote'] In this case the Governor will probably have to ask Manjhi to prove his majority. BTW the Governor is Keshrinath Tripathi - he is a constitutional expert and has been Speaker of the UP Assembly 3 times so he knows all the rules so there will be no foul play or false moves from his office IMO.

In this case the Governor will probably have to ask Manjhi to prove his majority.
Why should he do that? shouldn't a no confidence motion be brought him first? Unless of course majority of MLAs from ruling party itself provides in writing that the CM doesn't enjoy their confidence.

Why should he do that? shouldn't a no confidence motion be brought him first? Unless of course majority of MLAs from ruling party itself provides in writing that the CM doesn't enjoy their confidence.
Since Sharad Yadav has asked the Governor not to entertain Manjhi, I guess he will also be providing this in writing with signs of MLAs.

@S=G and why should he lol. When your opponent is on the way to destroy himself, get out of their way. I do think he will ask manjhi to prove his majority.
If Sharad Yadav is saying that Manjhi no longer enjoys the confidence of majority of MLAs and Manjhi asks the Governor to dissolve the assembly (or to perform any other constitutional activity for that matter) then the Governor will have to first make sure that Manjhi really is the CM.

If Sharad Yadav is saying that Manjhi no longer enjoys the confidence of majority of MLAs and Manjhi asks the Governor to dissolve the assembly (or to perform any other constitutional activity for that matter) then the Governor will have to first make sure that Manjhi really is the CM.
Why it's Governor problem? Manjhi can easily tell Sharad yadav don't have any rights.

Why it's Governor problem? Manjhi can easily tell Sharad yadav don't have any rights.
It is the Governor's problem because he can only take instructions from the CM and Manjhi is CM only as long as he enjoys the confidence of a majority of MLAs. Sharad Yadav has no right to tell the Governor anything BUT if he gives a letter with signatures of MLAs then the Governor will have to make sure that Manjhi has the confidence of majority of MLAs before doing anything asked by Manjhi. I'm no constitutional expert but I'm quite sure that this is the case and you can ask this from others who may know the law better than me.

Yes, I agree. By the way, is the Bihar assembly in session right now? If the Governor needs to dismiss Manjhi, then a vote of no confidence would have to be brought in. Until then, I guess the Governor just does not take any action on Manjhi's suggestions. It will be interesting to see what the constitution says.

Manjhi has publicly declared war on Nitish, calling him Bhishma.

For the first time since he was hand-picked by former Bihar CM Nitish Kumar to helm the government in his place on May 20 last year, a rebellious Jitan Ram Manjhi tried to shame Kumar calling him "Bhishma Pitamah" who was silently watching attempts to oust a Dalit chief minister. "Aar paar ki ladai shuru ho gayee hai... I am not going to sit idle, come what may," Manjhi said at a religious function in Gheena village in Saharsa district. Bhishma, in Mahabharata, was a great hero who lost his sheen after he watched idly as the Kaurava brothers disrobed Pandavas' wife Draupadi. Only difference, Manjhi said, was, "Nitish is himself pulling the strings from behind the scene to humiliate me."

Bihar BJP wants fresh elections, but open to supporting Manjhi

“We have knowledge of at least 12 ministers supporting Manjhi. Besides, several MLAs are supporting him. If he does not resign which looks so at the moment, Nitish Kumar’s return plans can backfire.” Asked if the BJP will help Manjhi prove majority, he said: “Let the time come. We are not ruling out any option even though we would like fresh polls because Nitish Kumar has lost the mandate after the NDA split.”
Sources in the BJP said though the party might not support a “caretaker and minority government”, it could spring a surprise if Manjhi gets support of 40 MLAs, which appears unlikely.
http://indianexpress.com/article/india/politics/bihar-bjp-wants-fresh-elections-but-open-to-supporting-manjhi/ If what SuMO says is true then Mahanji has the support of about 20 mlas.(ministers + mlas) Looks like the BJP are in a mood for fresh elections. From what i gather from Delhi the BJP political machinary will be in top gear compared to the combine.

Expect an election in April-May as Jitan Ram Majhi, current Chief Minister, dissolves the Bihar Assembly after effecting a vertical split in the Legislature Party, abetted by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). After all, why shouldn’t the BJP fish in troubled JD-U waters? Upper caste leaders like Narendra Singh and Mahadalit leaders like Brishin Patel have joined hands to form a parallel Janata Dal United that will eventually merge with the BJP. Jitan Ram Manjhi, worried that he will be replaced by Nitish Kumar as chief minister, has already summoned a meeting of legislators on February 20 and is in touch with the BJP. The numbers are not clear yet but an early election in Bihar is almost inevitable.
http://www.business-standard.com/article/opinion/bihar-stares-at-early-elections-as-power-slips-out-of-jdu-s-hands-115020600621_1.html