Srinivasan,Raj Kundra named in IPL scandal report

First post

2.55 pm: Supreme Court rejects Srinivasan and BCCI's options According to Times Now, The Supreme Court has rejected all of the options put forward by the BCCI and Srinivasan. The court has said it has to be an independent body that decides on the punishment for CSK and Meiyappan. It can't be any body related to the BCCI.
The court also had said that BCCI elections should go ahead, but directed that all board members who are under investigation to keep away. Then, it asked the Indian board if there was any provision in its constitution to debar Srinivasan from contesting the BCCI polls in future.
IBNlive
Inderjit Bindra @inderjitbindra · 23h 23 hours ago 1/5 PURCHASE OF CHENNAI SUPER KINGS was the mother of all conflicts. 2/5 In Goa mtng 2008 I had proposed that anti-corruption should be handed over to ICC. Srini vehemently opposed-obvious conflict of interest 3/5 PURCHASE OF FLINTOFF BY CHENNAI SUPER KINGS-complete details on Lalit Modi's blog 4/5 Despite clear cut decision to put ALL PLAYERS IN THE POOL FOR RE-AUCTION AFTER 3 YEARS, he had his way on RETENTION OF PLAYERS 5/5 SAHARA CONTRACT FOR TEAM INDIA WAS FOR 3.3 Crores/match. After Sahara's withdrawal Srini signed a contract with STAR with 30% reduction 5a/5 He also signed a contract with STAR for sponsoring CSK for 10 Cr/season--an obvious conflict of interest resulting in loss to d Board
I think SC is just dilly dallying... I mean another investigation panel of retired judges... Just pronounce a judgment and move on to other cases... No wonder you get so much of case backlogs...
Agree..look like their favorite player is in this mess, so they are just dragging.
I think SC is just dilly dallying... I mean another investigation panel of retired judges... Just pronounce a judgment and move on to other cases... No wonder you get so much of case backlogs...
Trust me, SC is just being cautious. The thing with the BCCI is that it will find many loopholes and the SC is keeping its cards close to the chest. From a legal perspective, SC is just doing a fantastic job!
CCI president-in-exile N Srinivasan on Wednesday told the Supreme Court that if he is re-elected to the cricket body, he would stay away from IPL governing council till a proposed committee decides on the question of conflict of interest involving him and his IPL franchisee Chennai Super Kings.
Srinivasan in an undertaking to the apex court also said that he will completely dissociate from IPL till a mechanism on conflict of interest is evolved
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/cricketnext/will-stay-away-from-ipl-meetings-if-allowed-to-contest-bcci-elections-srinivasan-to-sc/517406-78.html :haha: :haha:
According to Times Now, the BCCI's lawyers have cited case law showing why it is necessary to preserve their autonomy. It is okay with a Supreme court-appointed probe panel but the panel must follow BCCI rules. The BCCI's lawyers have finished making their arguments. The Cricket Association of Bihar's lawyers will not get a chance to make their case