How many of you think Karthik needs to be replaced by Sehwag ?

Ram

How many of you think Karthik needs to be replaced by Sehwag ?  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

even sehwag can edge within 5 overs in Oz, but he would have blasted away one of the two opening bowlers by then which is really important... that changes the mindset of the bowler and the captain completely... it even smoothens the hard red ball... :P
OLD sehwag can blast. CURRENT sehwag cant blast ranji bowlers on indian pitches :giggle:

again, on indian pitches even the bigger players are trying it difficult to score 300 as a team... you have to understand that... these pitches are conducive to hitting on the rise, you can't trust the bounce even with a new ball... in Oz its all predictable, even the line and length of the bowlers... You always know that the Oz bowlers keep coming at you. Such striking bowlers can sometimes be more expensive...

I meant my words differently da... I know this is not the old Sehwag we had seen.... but he is a different and will require only one big innings to regain confidence... we all know it doesn't matter to him who holds the red cherry in their hand to bowl to him... be it a ranji bowler or lee...

Simple answer: Sehwag. Simple field setting: Set a third man, deep point or backward point, cover on the boundary and everyone else from 1st. slip to point and bowl short, on and outside off stump. Sure, he may get a couple over for 6 but getting a Test opener before he's reached 15 or 20 is good.
I don't think its that easy Donny. If that was the case, people wouldn't have taken so long figure him out and let him score runs all over the world (debut century and a test average of nearly 50 as a opener - thats a rare breed in India!!). Did he not smack every bowler in sight in tests until the point Dungsucker dropped him?!? Yeah, hitting sixes over point is his game, but it doesn't mean he would provide catching practice if fielders were positioned there. I agree with the simplicity bit though - he is a kind of player who keeps the game simple - see ball, hit ball. He doesn't have the work ethic of an Aussie player to go back to FC cricket and sort out his game. That's the way most Indian players are - bar a Dravid. For example, what the hell did Ganguly do to merit a berth in the test side after being dropped?!? Has he not performed fabulously well since his return?!? Sometimes logic and Indian cricket dont go together at all. He needs to be persisted with and that's the only way he will regain his confidence - one good knock will resurrect the Sehwag of the old. I think its worth the gamble rather than not having him in the team. How many Indian players can boast of scoring 195 under a day as an opener in Aussie land? Its another story that India completely effed up after that and lost that test!
I don't think its that easy Donny. If that was the case' date=' people wouldn't have taken so long figure him out and let him score runs all over the world (debut century and a test average of nearly 50 as a opener - thats a rare breed in India!!). Did he not smack every bowler in sight in [u']tests until the point Dungsucker dropped him?!? Yeah, hitting sixes over point is his game, but it doesn't mean he would provide catching practice if fielders were positioned there. I agree with the simplicity bit though - he is a kind of player who keeps the game simple - see ball, hit ball. He doesn't have the work ethic of an Aussie player to go back to FC cricket and sort out his game. That's the way most Indian players are - bar a Dravid. For example, what the hell did Ganguly do to merit a berth in the test side after being dropped?!? Has he not performed fabulously well since his return?!? Sometimes logic and Indian cricket dont go together at all. He needs to be persisted with and that's the only way he will regain his confidence - one good knock will resurrect the Sehwag of the old. I think its worth the gamble rather than not having him in the team. How many Indian players can boast of scoring 195 under a day as an opener in Aussie land? Its another story that India completely effed up after that and lost that test!
agreed completely... sehwag just needs one good innings to get into the groove...
Wishful thinking, preveenj. Sure, it would be nice but has little basis in logic. I, and many other Aussie cricket lovers, would love to see an in form Viru out here this summer. Thanks, gs. Nice to get a thoughful reply. :regular_smile:
Most of us here in India generally live in wishes yaar... no harm in wishing when we don't know if it's gonna happen or not.. :wink_smile:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Right, doesnt matter how shewagh is performing in ranji league He cannot hit poor bowlers in INDIAN pitches. But he will smack Lee, Stuart Clark and Mitchell Johnson in Brisbane :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
its not funny bro...if u check test avg then u would knw tht he is better in test then one day...a player averaging 55 in test is not good player...???then i think sachin and rahul dravid also need to be replaced...
Wishful thinking, preveenj. Sure, it would be nice but has little basis in logic. I, and many other Aussie cricket lovers, would love to see an in form Viru out here this summer. Thanks, gs. Nice to get a thoughful reply. :regular_smile:
No worries, just being a passionate Indian cricket fan and hoping for a similar series as the one in 2003-2004 down under. :D
its not funny bro...if u check test avg then u would knw tht he is better in test then one day...a player averaging 55 in test is not good player...???then i think sachin and rahul dravid also need to be replaced...
Guju24. im not talking abt odis at all. im talking 4-day Ranji matches with 2 inn...thats similar to Test format, and our Aloo-parantha-wala flops there, right? Test format still does not produce a good knock from TODAYs sehwag
And all this while I thought you were just a cricket lover.
Quite untrue, shwet. Sarcasm noted. You, and most others in here, have treated me like a rampant Oz tream supporter and yet I've never professed such sentiments. I'm a cricket lover who lives in Australia - Aussie cricket lover.
Guju24. im not talking abt odis at all. im talking 4-day Ranji matches with 2 inn...thats similar to Test format, and our Aloo-parantha-wala flops there, right? Test format still does not produce a good knock from TODAYs sehwag
have BCCI tried him in the test...no then u cant predict wht is he going to perform...and i think the last ranjo match in which he didnt perform at all i guess...and even he fails couple of matches then its not big deal...he has performed enough in test to be failed couple of time...
have BCCI tried him in the test...no then u cant predict wht is he going to perform...and i think the last ranjo match in which he didnt perform at all i guess...and even he fails couple of matches then its not big deal...he has performed enough in test to be failed couple of time...
but that couple of times had iterated several times, enough to keep him out of the side...he has to go through what ganguly, pathan, dravid went through...only he can prove himself to be worthy, its not our job...
but that couple of times had iterated several times' date=' enough to keep him out of the side...he has to go through what ganguly, pathan, dravid went through...only he can prove himself to be worthy, its not our job...[/quote'] ganguly, dravid dropped for onedyaers...and ganguly's case very different since he was involve in politics...abt dravid i dont if it was rite or wrong...and pathan had to but he comback good...but here we talking abt shewag's test form in which he never failed...and if u guys telling me that he is not performing in ranji so he shouldnt be in team then there are many players fro ranji needs to replaced with our 11 players...they have far better avg then regulars...