The Reason I don't like watching Australia play.

.......is not because I'm jealous of their success, but isn't it boring watching one team just steamroller everybody else? Like when Schumacher was winning in F1 all the time or Pete Sampras in the Tennis. It's just plain boring when one individual or team dominates. Even Tony Greig in his latest audio show on Cricinfo said words to the same effect!

well, looks like even Ponting doesn't like that... but it's all going to change now... it's not easy to fill in voids as big as McGrath and Warne have created... they look like they found out the fillers. But if Lee can't be guaranteed for his best all the time, how can you expect of others? Stuark Clark was rated equally as McGrath, but he lost his line and length in a test match once someone attacked him [recently Sangakkara]... The time has come for Oz to surrender... and they shall do it next two months....

well' date=' looks like even Ponting doesn't like that... but it's all going to change now... it's not easy to fill in voids as big as McGrath and Warne have created... they look like they found out the fillers. But if Lee can't be guaranteed for his best all the time, how can you expect of others? Stuark Clark was rated equally as McGrath, but he lost his line and length in a test match once someone attacked him [recently Sangakkara']... The time has come for Oz to surrender... and they shall do it next two months....
Good point, I think the other thing to remember is that a lot of them are getting on a bit now. Most of them are in their 30s if not late 30s.
Good point' date=' I think the other thing to remember is that a lot of them are getting on a bit now. Most of them are in their 30s if not late 30s.[/quote'] hehey, my 100th post... never mind... age looks to be no problem at all for aussies... they find players like Hussey at 31 and he goes on to play for 6-7 years !!! their domestic built-up is seriously amazing... worth doing a project for IIM students...
hehey, my 100th post... never mind... age looks to be no problem at all for aussies... they find players like Hussey at 31 and he goes on to play for 6-7 years !!! their domestic built-up is seriously amazing... worth doing a project for IIM students...
Anyway on a related note, I can remember reading in a newspaper somewhere that the reasons the Aussies are so sporting mad, apart from having good weather all year round is that due to their being a young nation they don't really have much culture to speak of. It'll be interesting to read comments from anyone who lives in Australia about this.
Anyway on a related note' date=' I can remember reading in a newspaper somewhere that the reasons the Aussies are so sporting mad, apart from having good weather all year round is that due to their being a young nation they don't really have much culture to speak of. It'll be interesting to read comments from anyone who lives in Australia about this.[/quote'] hmmmm, that would be worth reading...

Maggot, the contra-view is that everyone else simply has to step up their game to match up to the Aussies. I like their dominance sheerly from a brilliance point-of-view. They are making an art form of the game... And if you lose all hope, remember, the higher they rise, the greater the fall....

Maggot, the contra-view is that everyone else simply has to step up their game to match up to the Aussies. I like their dominance sheerly from a brilliance point-of-view. They are making an art form of the game... And if you lose all hope, remember, the higher they rise, the greater the fall....
Definitely. If we'd have held all our catches for example in the recent ODI series it might not have read 4-2. In the 6th ODI where we were chasing 300+ plus and were 189-1 we could have won as well. We also had them in trouble a couple of times but they recovered quite well.

Aus is a brilliant team, and I hope either them or better yet in some decade India will continue to play like that. It is exhilarating to watch such dominance like Aus cricket or Roger Federer or M.Jordan. Sheer Billiance combined with a lot of hard work and dedication, and supreme in how they play - turns me on.

As good as they are' date=' i don't think their brand of cricket is that entertaining. After Mark Waugh retired and especially now as Damien Martyn, Shane Warne called it quits, they have become a dull side to watch.[/quote'] warney's spin was an epic to watch... loved a non-subcontinental person the bowl like that... but he played most against those who never knew how to face spinners.... with no spin, aussies will start surrendering... remember, it was India who broke their winning streak last time...