I keep telling ICF-ers that KKD is not suitable for TEST opening

fineleg

3rd consecutive innings - edged to keeper, slips etc. MM, Chandan - rather than count how many innings etc or how many runs in England, I hope you are watching how he is playing, the technique or lack of it. And u want him for Aus! KKD is a tenacious guy, but he is NOT a Test opener. He is ok in lower middle order.

3rd consecutive innings - edged to keeper, slips etc. MM, Chandan - rather than count how many innings etc or how many runs in England, I hope you are watching how he is playing, the technique or lack of it. And u want him for Aus! KKD is a tenacious guy, but he is NOT a Test opener. He is ok in lower middle order.
drop him - get veeru

Well if we go by form ... then Gambhir is the one to be given a go ... but so close to the Aussie tour it may be a better option to give Sehwag one more chance if Karthik fails in the 2nd innings. I also think that someone like Chopra who has the technique and temperament could be a good choice at the top aswell and should be considered.

i donnu y ppl r still after sehwag... when selectors make selections based on past recs u all come here and ***** about it, sehwag hasnt done jack lately.. agree with bharat..if not kkd.. then gambhir should be next.. or dravid opening and get yuvi in enuff with sehwag crap..

i think we should have dada opening and then put yuvraj in either after sachin at number 5 for a left/right combination or at number 7 with dhoni since they have a match winning chemistry with each other. i dont think pushing him to bat his normal middle order slot next with dravid or laxman would be a good move. especially since it will break up the solid dhoni/laxman combo which has saved us from losing (eng 3rd test 2nd innings, pak 1st test 1st innings).

Well if we go by form ... then Gambhir is the one to be given a go ... but so close to the Aussie tour it may be a better option to give Sehwag one more chance if Karthik fails in the 2nd innings. I also think that someone like Chopra who has the technique and temperament could be a good choice at the top aswell and should be considered.
Gambhir & Chopra ? What have they done to merit a selection for a test lineup ? I'd either gamble with Sehwag or continue with KKD & pray.

We need a Test opener who excels in: 1. Technique - standard things required for an opener (well any batsman, but)...Good feet movement, back foot shots, KNOW WHERE THE OFFSTUMP is, controlled aggression etc etc 2. Temparament - give the first hour to the bowler, dont keep poking ur bat, convert to a big score once you are set etc.

We need a Test opener who excels in: 1. Technique - standard things required for an opener (well any batsman, but)...Good feet movement, back foot shots, KNOW WHERE THE OFFSTUMP is, controlled aggression etc etc 2. Temparament - give the first hour to the bowler, dont keep poking ur bat, convert to a big score once you are set etc.
Lets order him... "Quotations required for a test-opener.. Technical specifications : Should have good technique and Temparament. Must posses good feet movement, back foot shots, control his aggression and more importantly, must know where his off-stump his. Must give first hour to bowler and convert starts to big scores Delivery date : Sometime before the Australian tour" :P
Gambhir & Chopra ? What have they done to merit a selection for a test lineup ? I'd either gamble with Sehwag or continue with KKD & pray.
Gambhir is the in form opener in domestic cricket. Chopra, I agree, hasnt done much lately but he does have that water-tight defence that comes in handy when facing the likes of Lee, Tait and Johnson. I think Sehwag might be worth giving the one chance to because IF he does come into form it will be excellent before heading into the Aussie tour. However, I agree that he hasnt done anything in domestic cricket to warrant it. However only because its Australia and only because its Sehwag it might be worth the gamble to give Sehwag one more chance.