I keep telling ICF-ers that KKD is not suitable for TEST opening

fineleg

We gotta do something - making KKD open in Aus is 'Recipe for Disaster' What are our options: 1. Can we get Dravid to open? 2. Can we get Ganguly to open? If 1 or 2, then get Yuvraj Singh or Badri to bolster middle order 3. Get some other opener - not too many great options - Gambhir or Chopra 4. I dont want Sehwag...but listing it here for 'completeness' sake.

Give him time finey. Anybody can fail in two tests. You didn't say anything when he was belting the English bowlers. BTW Dravid a virtual opener anyway. He can open - we don't need Motu anymore.
Dravid is "indeed" a virtual opener and more often than not, he faces the new ball within 5-10 overs of the innings having started. So, why not Dravid open? THEN - if so - the competition for middle or lower middle order is between: Yuvraj Singh vs Dinesh Karthik vs Badri I think one of YS or Badri will win that - practically YS.
Guest dada_rocks

YEs sehwag is not helping himself we all know he is capable but give some reason to selectiors yaar.. We also know ur drop from test XI was without reason but now when u are dropped they can't do another unresoanble thing.. Just one century boss u will be in the team..

Dravid is "indeed" a virtual opener and more often than not, he faces the new ball within 5-10 overs of the innings having started. So, why not Dravid open? THEN - if so - the competition for middle or lower middle order is between: Yuvraj Singh vs Dinesh Karthik vs Badri I think one of YS or Badri will win that - practically YS.
If RD opens in AUS - WE ARE SCREWED ... Need someone to play at least 20 overs like Chopra did (I doubt he can make a come back now though) in 2001. WE cannot expose Dravid early, we need to do our best to make sure that the situation is nice and ripe for a long Dravidian innings ....

SG cannot be a bad option to open giving YS a chance to come in. I think I have made my mind to Play YS. Motu has lot more chatwallas to visit in south delhi or whatever... leave him alone ....... I would play this team in 3rd test against Pk Jaffa SG RD (is backing at 1down) SRT VVS YU Dho Kumble. I dont think if anyone can do the job if these cannot. We will ROCK ausies.......Dont worry about Sehwag at all.... besides, its about time SG steps forward to serve the team. Like RD/SRT has done in the past by changing their roles quite often...... SG will not have any burden on him. If he plays first 20 overs, he will surely make us pround in Aus anyway...Even today he played few overs with new ball..... so not that he is new with all the experience he has... I wont crucify RD to open in Aus... we need him to build the innings... Imagine, Jaff SG RD can all build long innings SRT YU VVS Dhoni can all score at brisk rate even against Aussies in aus. we shouldn't be scared to try out new things...