Did someone say Pakistan has bowlers like Pathan in every street?

King

:haha::haha::haha: This has to be the biggest foot in mouth statement ever said. At this point in time Pakistan will even trade a tonne of gold in exchange for Irfan Pathan. The likes of Balaji, Nehra and the rest were injured long ago but India continues to churn away fast bowlers like RP, Sreesanth, Zaheer, Munaf and the rest. All Pakistan are doing is to BRING BACK SAMI all the time. I guess they should start looking in their streets in search of a fast bowler and they may probably get one that can bowl as good as Ganguly :hysterical: Miandad is a joke and the likes of Wasim and Akram must be avoiding watching the current Pakistani bowlers bowl.

Reading Ravi's OP , I am remembered of David Lloyd's commentary in the T20 semi-final between Ind and Aus. Ind already scored close to 170 batting first and Bracken bowled the 19th over and Rohit Sharma spanked him over long-on for a huge six. And Lloyd went hysterical, shouting " They're all at it , they're all at it"... :D It seems now, that every Indian fan wants to mock at Pak for their " shake a tree and a fast bowler will fall off".

Boss, you have to admit that their three best bowlers - Asif, Akhtar and Gul - are not fit. It's like saying where's India's reknown spin attack if you remove Kumble, Bajji and Karthik. It'll be the likes of Powar, Mishra who would be left holding the Indian spin reputation. As the old saying goes - it's easy to kick someone when they're down....

Boss, you have to admit that their three best bowlers - Asif, Akhtar and Gul - are not fit. It's like saying where's India's reknown spin attack if you remove Kumble, Bajji and Karthik. It'll be the likes of Powar, Mishra who would be left holding the Indian spin reputation. As the old saying goes - it's easy to kick someone when they're down....
In the end it's all excuses. If you know the reason why they keep going back to Sami let me know. Miandad made a huge statement and he has to pay for it. I'm sure you know Shoaib's been around for about a decade now. How many test matches have Asif and Gul played? Simply put they don't have good enough fast bowlers and that's the sole reason why they keep picking the eternal failure Sami. BTW what's wrong with the likes of Mishra, Chawla and Powar? They are unable to get in the team simply because they have no chance to get in and not because they aren't good enough. If Yuvi played for Pakistan he would be the captain by now.

They keep going back to Sami, Arafat & Rao in bowling, Farhat, Umar, Butt, Nazir in batting. In India, we have discarded an opener like Sehwag, kept a MO bat like Yuvraj out of the lineup and the likes of Pathan, Balaji & Nehra arent even discussed. Its obvious Pakistan' talunt pool is on the wane.

You have to beat the team presented to you, a total disaster by their management not to pick their aces Sorry, Why do I give a *** if AAG, BBC, or CNN are not playing In hindsight, RP and Sreesanth...are not playing either

Sami is Pakistan's Agarkar. The same reasons apply. And a pace attack which has averages of 23, 25 and 31 for the top three, is not an excuse for a bowling attack. Admit it that if the three were fit, it might have been a close battle. That's all I'm asking for. Re: Powar, Chawla... Powar lacks the versatility for test cricket.. he has done OK in ODIs because of his policy to toss the ball up and that leads to higher economy rates coupled with high strike rates. Chawla you can't judge based on one test performance. And as for Mian Miandad, lets not try to outdo his big mouth :)

Sami is Pakistan's Agarkar. The same reasons apply. And a pace attack which has averages of 23, 25 and 31 for the top three, is not an excuse for a bowling attack. Admit it that if the three were fit, it might have been a close battle. That's all I'm asking for. Re: Powar, Chawla... Powar lacks the versatility for test cricket.. he has done OK in ODIs because of his policy to toss the ball up and that leads to higher economy rates coupled with high strike rates. Chawla you can't judge based on one test performance. And as for Mian Miandad, lets not try to outdo his big mouth :)
I can't remember when last Agarkar figured in a test match and that is simply because India doesn't lack fast bowling resources. As for averages I'd be interested in knowing how many test matches they have played. Stats are very deceiving. Shoaib in this test match is pedestrian when he was expected to be at the top of his game in a crunch match like this but we all know how he hides behind averages when it comes to performing when Pakistan needs him desperately. If you want me to consider averages of Gul and Asif let's wait for a while. Let them both play 25 test matches each and hang on to the average they have currently. Till that point in time they aren't as great as you make them out to be. Saffies won the recent test series despite Gul and Asif playing for Pakistan at home. As for injuries, it's not like India wanted them to be injured. What good is a bowler if he's not able to play consistently? It's not like they have been playing non stop cricket for years.
Ravi, you need break buddy...too much work..what is this line?? " Miandad is a joke and the likes of Wasim and Akram must be avoiding watching the current Pakistani bowlers bowl."
Yup you are right, I need a break from work. I'm having a break shortly. I meant Wasim and Waqar in the above statement.