Geoff Lawson criticises the pitch

novpj

Clearly not. One of my Pommie mates was joking the other day, saying he could imagine Lawson, sipping a cocktail on a beautiful beach in Australia, reading the classifieds, suddenly jumping up in excitement at the Pakistan job. It must have really appealed to him, to leave his cushy life in oz, and head to the land that probably inspired Windows' Minesweeper. Adding to that, the fact that his predecessor didn't actually resign or get fired... Naturally, I loved it...:bird::ciao: Anyway, we only have to look at the first 2 Tests of the '06 series, and the Multan Test of '04, to shut him up...
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
India vs Pakistan 2006 (In Pak) 1st test Lahore: Pakistan 679/7d (RR: 4.73); India 410/1 (RR: 5.30) 2nd test Faisalabad: 1st inn Pakistan 588 A/O (RR:4.31), 2nd inn Pakistan 490/8 (RR: 4.20); 1st Inn India 603 (RR: 3.63), 2nd Inn India 21/0 3rd Test karachi: Sporting wicket :two_thumbs_up: India vs Pakistan 2007 (In Ind) 1st Test: Sporting wicket :two_thumbs_up: 2nd and 3rd : We are allowed to make same pitches that were made for the 1st and 2nd test in pak :D, after all even indian crowd is entitled to witness run feast :thumbs_up: There should be no excuses now :D PS: this post is not to mock your (MP's) post. Its for Lawson (how i wish he visited ICF on regular basis).
Yeah you just proved my point. The fact that PAK got 490 at 4.2 runs an over on day 5 shows that the Faisalabad pitch was nothing like this one.

Lawson has to denigrate something about India, and the cricketers are off-limits because they are r@ping his team. So he vents his frustration against the pitch. Like anyone gives a sh it. Then again, i don't blame him. If he sat on his ass all day gaining wait while playing solitaire on his VAIO like the last coach did, he would probably end up getting murdered too. Props to you, Geoff.

I didn't see him comment anything in the first test match about the pitch. I thought if any criticism was warranted then he should have picked the Kotla one not this one. Anyways we are well and truly aware of the pitches Pakistan prepared against Saffies at home recently. Wonder why Lawson wouldn't want to talk to the PCB about pitches prepared at home? Perhaps he's a bit wary of the military men that are running the PCB.

Lol @ CoB's bunker buster of a post. Lawson is doing what Greggy did last time when we toured Pak. Whinge enough, to deflect the attention from himself & the team. If i were PCB, I would fire Lawson for lining up a team full of patients for a must win test.

If Lawson's whining about a pitch where the new ball has moved a bit, the ball's turned and there's been a little uneven bounce, I look forward to his comments when Pakistan have their next home series. That too against Australia, with their ridiculous batting lineup. Malcolm Sami's average should be fun to watch then...

If Lawson's whining about a pitch where the new ball has moved a bit, the ball's turned and there's been a little uneven bounce, I look forward to his comments when Pakistan have their next home series. That too against Australia, with their ridiculous batting lineup. Malcolm Sami's average should be fun to watch then...
They are going to get completely gang raped by Oz ... our batting lineup is just sputtering too life after a period of 10 odd matches where we didnt have 2-3 guys click at the same time. The one match they have ... poof 615 - declared ...... I shudder to think what Oz is going to do to them ... I am also looking forward to the Indian batting lineup getting primed for Oz

That Lahore pitch last year was something else! Batting second, using the snail-paced Dravid as an opener, and still whacking 410 runs for the loss of just 1 wicket, at a rate of 5.30, amazing stuff... If this pitch is as bad as Lawson thinks it is, he should be grateful, because we run the risk of going into the final match just 1-0 up, and getting a repeat of 2005. Again, if it crumbles and we spin them out, he'll do well to remember that we risked losing the toss...

That Lahore pitch last year was something else! Batting second, using the snail-paced Dravid as an opener, and still whacking 410 runs for the loss of just 1 wicket, at a rate of 5.30, amazing stuff... If this pitch is as bad as Lawson thinks it is, he should be grateful, because we run the risk of going into the final match just 1-0 up, and getting a repeat of 2005. Again, if it crumbles and we spin them out, he'll do well to remember that we risked losing the toss...
if we win this ... just to spite them we should produce a complete turner ... throw three spinners at them ... a la Mumbai
if we win this ... just to spite them we should produce a complete turner ... throw three spinners at them ... a la Mumbai
Just three? Sheesh. Open the bowling with Gangu and Tendu (or maybe Dhoni's medium pacers for 2 overs just to really push it, with KKD keeping). Then let Kumble, Kartik, Harbhajan and Powar all fight for the wickets. :D [with the ball turning square in five overs, naturally.]

More than that, it's a shame it's been publicly derided by so many pundits and players. That pitch may have produced only two full days of cricket, but both were amazing - high intensity, aggressive cricket from both teams at all times. Batsmen kept going on the offensive to make runs, bowlers kept looking to take wickets and it was an incredible match to watch.

More than that, it's a shame it's been publicly derided by so many pundits and players. That pitch may have produced only two full days of cricket, but both were amazing - high intensity, aggressive cricket from both teams at all times. Batsmen kept going on the offensive to make runs, bowlers kept looking to take wickets and it was an incredible match to watch.
Except the oz cappo who hasnt been able to buy a run in India threw his toys out of the pram and hence it was a bad cricket wicket!!!