Geoff Lawson criticises the pitch

novpj

Did Lawson do any research before taking the Pak job?
Clearly not. One of my Pommie mates was joking the other day, saying he could imagine Lawson, sipping a cocktail on a beautiful beach in Australia, reading the classifieds, suddenly jumping up in excitement at the Pakistan job. It must have really appealed to him, to leave his cushy life in oz, and head to the land that probably inspired Windows' Minesweeper. Adding to that, the fact that his predecessor didn't actually resign or get fired... Naturally, I loved it...:bird::ciao: Anyway, we only have to look at the first 2 Tests of the '06 series, and the Multan Test of '04, to shut him up...
Clearly not. One of my Pommie mates was joking the other day' date=' saying he could imagine Lawson, sipping a cocktail on a beautiful beach in Australia, reading the classifieds, suddenly jumping up in excitement at the Pakistan job. It must have really appealed to him, to leave his cushy life in oz, and head to the land that probably inspired Windows' Minesweeper. [b']Adding to that, the fact that his predecessor didn't actually resign or get fired... Naturally, I loved it...:bird::ciao: Anyway, we only have to look at the first 2 Tests of the '06 series, and the Multan Test of '04, to shut him up...
:haha::haha::haha: GEM!!!!
Clearly not. One of my Pommie mates was joking the other day, saying he could imagine Lawson, sipping a cocktail on a beautiful beach in Australia, reading the classifieds, suddenly jumping up in excitement at the Pakistan job. It must have really appealed to him, to leave his cushy life in oz, and head to the land that probably inspired Windows' Minesweeper. Adding to that, the fact that his predecessor didn't actually resign or get fired... Naturally, I loved it...:bird::ciao: Anyway, we only have to look at the first 2 Tests of the '06 series, and the Multan Test of '04, to shut him up...
lmfaoooo:hysterical::two_thumbs_up:
head to the land that probably inspired Windows' Minesweeper.
god damn it!!!!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Laweson has to live with it and not look for excuses even before the game is over. IND took a chance by preparing a low standard pitch with the hope of winning the toss and last time i checked PAK had an equal chance of winning the toss.
I dont think it was deliberate ploy to prepare a low quality track, because it could have backfired badly on the home team too. However, we are yet to see how the track behaves on day 3. Maybe it wont crumble as much as the experts are predicting.
Laweson has to live with it and not look for excuses even before the game is over. IND took a chance by preparing a low standard pitch with the hope of winning the toss and last time i checked PAK had an equal chance of winning the toss.
We were treated by Kolkata type pitch last time when we visited Pak (during tests). Even players like Akmal couldn't do anything wrong on those kind of pitches. Moreover, these kinda pitches guarantees that the play will go on for 5 whole days, unlike , NZ-esque pitches which ends in like 2.5 days.
We were treated by Kolkata type pitch last time when we visited Pak (during tests). Even players like Akmal couldn't do anything wrong on those kind of pitches. Moreover' date= these kinda pitches guarantees that the play will go on for 5 whole days, unlike , NZ-esque pitches which ends in like 2.5 days.
Karachi pitch was a green top. The other 2 pitches were totally different from this one.
I dont think it was deliberate ploy to prepare a low quality track' date= because it could have backfired badly on the home team too. However, we are yet to see how the track behaves on day 3. Maybe it wont crumble as much as the experts are predicting.
hmmm...yeah that's what i was thinking too because if IND believe they are the better team(which they should) then there should have been no need to prepare a pitch like this and rely so heavily on the toss.
Karachi pitch was a green top. The other 2 pitches were totally different from this one.
India vs Pakistan 2006 (In Pak) 1st test Lahore: Pakistan 679/7d (RR: 4.73); India 410/1 (RR: 5.30) 2nd test Faisalabad: 1st inn Pakistan 588 A/O (RR:4.31), 2nd inn Pakistan 490/8 (RR: 4.20); 1st Inn India 603 (RR: 3.63), 2nd Inn India 21/0 3rd Test karachi: Sporting wicket :two_thumbs_up: India vs Pakistan 2007 (In Ind) 1st Test: Sporting wicket :two_thumbs_up: 2nd and 3rd : We are allowed to make same pitches that were made for the 1st and 2nd test in pak :D, after all even indian crowd is entitled to witness run feast :thumbs_up: There should be no excuses now :D PS: this post is not to mock your (MP's) post. Its for Lawson (how i wish he visited ICF on regular basis).