BBC Greatest ODI XI

bulbul

Next he'll be comparing sachins leg spin to Warnes.
If machine's economy rate was better than Warne and held the record for most wickets taken, then why not? You have no valid arguments on why McGrath should be considered a better off bowler than kapil. McGrath has a better average, kapil has better economy. McGrath bowled friendlier conditions with more support, Kapil bowled in an era where scores were lower. That puts them on even keel.
If machine's economy rate was better than Warne and held the record for most wickets taken, then why not? You have no valid arguments on why McGrath should be considered a better off bowler than kapil. McGrath has a better average, Malik has better economy. McGrath bowled friendlier conditions with more support, Kabul bowled in an era where scores were lower. That puts them on even keel.
Auto correction :cantstop:
A #7 is not there for his average' date=' he's there for his strike rate. Kapil is one of only two batsmen debuting before 1996 who have a strike rate higher than 90. That's perfect #7 material.[/quote'] Faulkner bats at 7, he averages 48 and strikes at 110, so if we use your formula you clearly should be licking his balls. :finger: He can bowl a bit as well.
Faulkner bats at 7, he averages 48 and strikes at 110, so if we use your formula you clearly should be licking his balls. :finger: He can bowl a bit as well.
110 in an era where almost everyone strikes at 90+ is decent. 90+ strike rate when everyone strikes at 66-70 is amazing. Do you understand relativity ? Oh and last I checked, Faulkner is neither the greatest wicket taker of his era, nor one of the miserliest. GG N00B.
110 in an era where almost everyone strikes at 90+ is decent. 90+ strike rate when everyone strikes at 66-70 is amazing. Do you understand relativity ? Oh and last I checked, Faulkner is neither the greatest wicket taker of his era, nor one of the miserliest. GG N00B.
Jesus, do you have a sarcasm filter?
Which WC was that?
Damn, it's amazing how the mind can play tricks after a while, but I knew something was amiss with that final in 96, we actually batted first, little did we know the pitch was doctored, we never had a chance, look up the score card and you'll see, part time spinners decimated us, when arivinda de silva takes 2 of your top 3 you know the pitch is slightly doctered lol., jeez, even jayasuria got in on the act, De silva had an average of 40 lol and was turning the ball sideways. Of course, all the Aussies had was pace........ The pakis wouldn't do that though would they? Lol, not unless the bookies were involved. I would like to add, I had nothing but respect for the Sri Lankans during that period, when they came to Oz they came to play and damn, they were bloody hard to beat (in ODIs) but I refuse to acknowledge that WC, but to be fair, the 2007 WC final wasn't exactly fair for the Sri Lankans either.
Dev averaged around 27 with the ball FFS, Pigeon was low 20s. If you really want to replace McGrath why not use Hadlee? Dev wasn't fit to lick his toe jam as a bowler, and both had similar batting averages, and remember, Hadlee played on well passed his use by date hurting his averages.
This is the truth. Dev was a very good bowler, Glenn was an ATG bowler.
Damn, it's amazing how the mind can play tricks after a while, but I knew something was amiss with that final in 96, we actually batted first, little did we know the pitch was doctored, we never had a chance, look up the score card and you'll see, part time spinners decimated us, when arivinda de silva takes 2 of your top 3 you know the pitch is slightly doctered lol., jeez, even jayasuria got in on the act, De silva had an average of 40 lol and was turning the ball sideways. Of course, all the Aussies had was pace........ The pakis wouldn't do that though would they? Lol, not unless the bookies were involved. I would like to add, I had nothing but respect for the Sri Lankans during that period, when they came to Oz they came to play and damn, they were bloody hard to beat (in ODIs) but I refuse to acknowledge that WC, but to be fair, the 2007 WC final wasn't exactly fair for the Sri Lankans either.
We beat you fairly mate. How could they doctor the pitch half way through? :hmmm:
This is the truth. Dev was a very good bowler' date=' Glenn was an ATG bowler.[/quote'] In tests that is true. In odis dev was a bona fide atg bowler, as good as McGrath and Pollack. He's not comparable to the likes of Donald,waqar, Lee, etc coz he was a containment bowler, in the mould of McGrath and pollock. The only containment odi bowler I consider better than dev,McGrath, pollock etc was Ambrose.
If sissies go into a must win encounter on a subcontinental pitch with only pacers, it's about as stupid to go into waca with a spin quartet. Of course desilva and jayasurya are threats on a spin friendly pitch like how no name pacers like Terry alderman or Steve Waugh are on pace friendly wickets. Aussies lost 96 world cup fair and square. Even the bookies in England gave superior odds to Sri Lanka winning before the match and we all know that legal betting establishments don't screw around with odds.
It was a neural venue for both teams. How can you say pitch was doctored? You will always find some turn in subcontinent. We have seen partimers destroy teams even in Aus when pitch deteriorates. You got better conditions to bat, still complaining.
In tests that is true. In odis dev was a bona fide atg bowler' date=' as good as McGrath and Pollack. He's not comparable to the likes of Donald,waqar, Lee, etc coz he was a containment bowler, in the mould of McGrath and pollock. The only containment odi bowler I consider better than dev,McGrath, pollock etc was Ambrose.[/quote'] McGrath was not just a containment bowler. He was mixture of aggression and containment. He has an of SR 34. Ambrose has an SR of 41. Both have ER under 4, Ambrose marginally better about 0.40, also Ambrose retired 8-9 years before McGrath, so, McGrath also played in a high scoring era in 2000s where 300 did not remain a safe total anymore. McGrath has better average. Kapil had an SR of 47. You can compare Ambrose and McGrath but not Kapil Dev. Kapil should be compared to alrounder likes Imran, Botham, etc.