If karthik is dropped.....

Cricketics

If karthik is dropped.....  

1. 1.

You guys are writing sehwag on paper as a stronger batsman than GG based on his past performance. He has averaged ONLY 14.25 in the 2 games he has played for Delhi in this season. Moreover, I haven't seen ANY difference between sehwag who was dropped due to his poor technique compared to sehwag who is trying to make a comeback. If GG can't be picked based on his recent performance/form,then what the heck is the point of playing in ranji and piling runs on and on.... I rather let these ranji players join ICL, atleast they'll be making $$ for their performances
Agree to some extent, but Veeru has the experience of OZ tour, and is a touch player, all he needs is a good knock and you'll see him destroying Lee and Tait.
Agree to some extent' date=' but Veeru has the experience of OZ tour, and is a touch player, all he needs is a good knock and you'll see him destroying Lee and Tait.[/quote'] With that reasoning of yours.. why dont we just pick XI players who last visited Aus and drew the series. We dont need RP, Sree and co. cuz these guys lack the OZ experience :two_thumbs_up:
With that reasoning of yours.. why dont we just pick XI players who last visited Aus and drew the series. We dont need RP' date=' Sree and co. cuz these guys lack the OZ experience :two_thumbs_up:[/quote']You can go to extremes all you like, but Veeru still remains a better batsman than GG will ever be.
You can go to extremes all you like' date=' but Veeru still remains a better batsman than GG will ever be.[/quote'] Again... based on recent form...GG is better than sehwag. He proved this in T20 Wc and he is proving it in ranji trophy.... but i have a feeling that sehwag will be picked because he scorED 195 vs Aus and is better than him (BCCI's perception) ... more importantly sehwag has his maa ka aashirwad :finger:
Guest dada_rocks

Trust me all those flying balls over gully didn't happen by chance in 2003.. HE cuts so fiercely that faster the bowler more chance of him surviving the new ball spell.. people say sehwag gets dropped too often in international cricket they forget one thing sehwag forces those drops by his fierce cut.

If Karthik is to be dropped for Aussie tour..who genuinely deserves to Go to Australia?? Offcourse Sehwag won't be goin now as he has failed to score big in ranji games.. i really wanted him to go.. but he didn't perform in ranji to impress the selectors..:cry_smile:
sehwag or ghambir...
Guest dada_rocks

Go ahead pick gambhir shant ashant for 20/20 one day i cud care less but test cricket needs more than that and only sehwag is good enough for that place..

Trust me all those flying balls over gully didn't happen by chance in 2003.. HE cuts so fiercely that faster the bowler more chance of him surviving the new ball spell.. people say sehwag gets dropped too often in international cricket they forget one thing sehwag forces those drops by his fierce cut.
My friend..... that was the year 2003.... unfortunately we are in 2007... wht the hell has he done in any format of cricket to impress the selectors to pen him down for playing XI in aus. He has scored runs when the pitch is completely FLAT, thats the fact you cant deny
i agree with u man....
My Team: Jaffer GG RD SRT VVS SG MSD (wk) AK © Zak RPS Munaf
I agree with that team except that I'd like Sree in place of Munaf.... Munaf falls in the same category as Sehwag i.e good for nothing
My friend..... that was the year 2003.... unfortunately we are in 2007... wht the hell has he done in any format of cricket to impress the selectors to pen him down for playing XI in aus. He has scored runs when the pitch is completely FLAT' date=' thats the fact you cant deny[/quote']If Veeru is a FTB, what is GG :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
If Veeru is a FTB' date=' what is GG :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:[/quote'] errr... has he got enough chances like Sehwag did ? NOO Moreover, he seems more complete package compared to sehwag for the opening slot. (based on his recent performance) Just so you know...Sehwag averaged somewhere around 54 2 years ago..... now he averages under 50
Guest dada_rocks
My friend..... that was the year 2003.... unfortunately we are in 2007... wht the hell has he done in any format of cricket to impress the selectors to pen him down for playing XI in aus. He has scored runs when the pitch is completely FLAT' date=' thats the fact you cant deny[/quote'] He pasted west indian bowlers a series before getitng dropped and nearly scored 100 before lunch... U drop him for no reason and then ask what has he done.... IF sehwag can be dropped for failure in one series yes sehwag who averages 50+ at the strike rate of 70+ and has 5000 runs then I guess Karthik too has failed miserably in this series and his time should be up ............