If karthik is dropped.....

Cricketics

If karthik is dropped.....  

1. 1.

Sehwag's & public enemy no. 1' date=' Dungsucker is out. There is a 50% chance, Sehwag will figure in the squad. Kumble must ensure it happens (if he wins the Ind-Pak series, he may have a say in it)[/quote'] vengasarkar u reffering too? he isn't really out.. just saw an int'view of that sankhi insaan rajeev shukla.. saying they are tryin to confince vengsarkar or doin something..
Guest dada_rocks
errr... has he got enough chances like Sehwag did ? NOO Moreover, he seems more complete package compared to sehwag for the opening slot. (based on his recent performance) Just so you know...Sehwag averaged somewhere around 54 2 years ago..... now he averages under 50
and rest are in 30+ average just for ur information.... Sehwag got chance because he caned century in his debut inning and has been caning bowlers around the world ever since be it wonder bra wicket of nzland or bouncy tracks of aussilenad or flat track of paki land.. he fails in one series selectors drop him and then ask what has he done.. Karthik is not even close to what sehwag has achieved why sud not he be dropped.. and gambhir my friend has been given enough chance he flunked them all.. Keep him in 20/20 that's what he is good enough for..
and rest are in 30+ average just for ur information.... Sehwag got chance because he caned century in his debut inning and has been caning bowlers around the world ever since be it wonder bra wicket of nzland or bouncy tracks of aussilenad or flat track of paki land.. he fails in one series selectors drop him and then ask what has he done.. Karthik is not even close to what sehwag has achieved why sud not he be dropped.. and gambhir my friend has been given enough chance he flunked them all.. Keep him in 20/20 that's what he is good enough for..
Why are you bringing Sehwag's career in to picture now ? I never said Sehwag sucked based on his career. I said sehwag sucked on his current performance. You simply cannot compare Sehwag with KKD/GG because he has played more matches than these 2.
Guest dada_rocks
Why are you bringing Sehwag's career in to picture now ? I never said Sehwag sucked based on his career. I said sehwag sucked on his current performance. You simply cannot compare Sehwag with KKD/GG because he has played more matches than these 2.
It's not career even when he was dropped he never sucked, he was dropped without rhyme or reason people screwed with his confidence and now ask what has he done. To me this sounds ridiculous.. My point is if for one series failure someone with Sehwag's resume can be dropped then what is Karthik GG : Forget about him he remains domestic cricket bully My order will be Sehwag>Parthiv>Chopra>Karthik

the only arguement people have for picking sehwag is coz he played well last time we might as well take agarkar, coz he really troubled the left hand batsmen with his inswing you cant pick a player because they played well a few years back you've got to look at what they're doing at the moment

It's not career even when he was dropped he never sucked, he was dropped without rhyme or reason people screwed with his confidence and now ask what has he done. To me this sounds ridiculous.. My point is if for one series failure someone with Sehwag's resume can be dropped then what is Karthik GG : Forget about him he remains domestic cricket bully My order will be Sehwag>Parthiv>Chopra>Karthik
I guess there is no end to our argument. We should probably wait and see who gets picked and who performs in down under. i rest my case:two_thumbs_up:
Since that 254 against Pak, Sehwag has an average of 24 in his last 22 innings with one massive 180 against the WI to bolster his average. More interestingly, he's been out in single digits 13 times in those innings. I would be tempted to give him a chance if he was doing well in the domestic season.. but if you look at his last two dismissals for delhi, he was bowled and caught behind, which sounds a lot like Sehwag circa 2005-2007. Now if you just want to prove my point, go ahead and take him along .. but be prepared to see a stat like 4,6, 23, 2, 190, 4, 13 .. in the aus series. He's not capable and the sooner this debate ends the better. GG at least is better in terms of temperament and shot selection. He may not be the flash-boom-bang player all the time but he's dependable. As an analogy, why do you think people like imran nazir or afridi never make it to the test sides of their teams?