Medical students strike against rural internship :-(

Guest dada_rocks

>>>>So all selected decide to pay and not work in rural area then how is govt going to man those hospitals.. How did things run all these years....? the same way.... You seem to be prejudiced against people who don't want to work in villages...strange coming from some one who chose to work outside of India. Anyways ...I won't argue any more. We both have a bad history of ending arguments on a bitter note...so chill and have a niceday.....:regular_smile:

This point is understandable but then again if u read carefully those admission papers they have this clause that terms and condition can be changed...... Since u are getting education on govt dime u better adhere to what u have signed during admission.
So change the bloody terms and conditions. It is a govt not a con artist. Layout thingsin the open first .....

Guest dada_rocks

See the socalled techincal angle we can go on discussing what govt can or can't do but fact remains this gives away the fact that these doctors detest to be employed in rural india. Just wait for few days u will see another set of AISA supported medical students group supporting this move and then battlelines will be drawn. What worries me is that communist organizations like AISA/SFI will further fortify their position in rural India saying see they don't care about you; and that doesn't augur well.. One year of ur life serving in rural india is nothing u are not being hanged for God's sake.. This sort of move should have come on their own volition it's a travesty that govt had to enforce this. Doesn't augur well I tell u for reconciliation of urban/rural rich/poor etc divide. Bhagwaan hi maalik hai is desh ka

Guest dada_rocks
So change the bloody terms and conditions. It is a govt not a con artist. Layout thingsin the open first .....
Madam I guess u didn't sign any papers like that when it says terms and condions can be changed then where does con-artist thing arises.. iIt's telling you in advance buddy education is free but u will have to abide by my regulations which I can change later on. Knowing this u signed and now when exactly that happend u are crying foul. Yes things are laidout in open that u will have to abide by their guidelines whihc they can change when and if required.:embaressed_smile:

Guest dada_rocks
>>>>So all selected decide to pay and not work in rural area then how is govt going to man those hospitals.. How did things run all these years....? the same way.... You seem to be prejudiced against people who don't want to work in villages...strange coming from some one who chose to work outside of India. Anyways ...I won't argue any more. We both have a bad history of ending arguments on a bitter note...so chill and have a niceday.....:regular_smile:
They are under-manend madam, Govt is trying to change things or are u suggestign those lowly rural folks sud come to terms with their fate and rot like they have been rotting over the years.. I am prejudiced against these people who get free education but think it's beneath them to follow the directives of their sponsors. Lord snooties won't deign to work in rural india. I call these people namak-haraam.. I am not against working in urban india and yes if tomorrow iit decides that all the alumni must come and serve in some far-flung place I wud be more than happy to do it.

you cannot change things as per whim and fancy of idiots like Ramdos. it has to be done with advance notice. anyways moot point - this "change" is gonna be squashed by central govt and rightly so. ppl shud have freedom to work where they want. Else, u'll be in india DR and wont have been able to choose to live in USA

Guest dada_rocks
If you don't clear things up like this...then it is a con. We expect better from the govt.
Those words usually are clear as day unless somoene likes to ignore it or has comprehension problem. These people sud have thought before signing those papers. Govt didn't hide anything. U get education on their dime u play by their rules.

Those words usually are clear as day unless somoene likes to ignore it or has comprehension problem. These people sud have thought before signing those papers. Govt didn't hide anything. U get education on their dime u play by their rules.
We have all used subsidised education dada...in whatever form...govt schools,colleges How are you paying it back....?I asked because you hate psuch people so much..... I know you will ask me the same...I am teaching in this country....may be not in the village but giving something back neverthe less.....

Guest dada_rocks
you cannot change things as per whim and fancy of idiots like Ramdos. it has to be done with advance notice. anyways moot point - this "change" is gonna be squashed by central govt and rightly so. ppl shud have freedom to work where they want. Else, u'll be in india DR and wont have been able to choose to live in USA
It's not whims and fancy it's demand of over-burdened health care system.. Again u guys are over-reacting u will be india and what not this is freaking one year probation. IF I decide to join some rural india position someone else will remain employed. Govt doesn't bring laws like this because they love to pester people it's demand of the health care system so they are doing it. Tomorrow if engg deppt faces personnel crunch even engg students might have to do mandatory service and I am all for it. If these people can't serve that even after getting all that free of cost then shame on them. Don't count on this being abolished.. Communists control the parliament and it's golden opportunity for them to further endear themselves to poor india.. Roamdoss may be an idiot but u see piece of legislation gets debated in parliament before final nod. We do have some well meaning well informed well edcuated people there. Even if they are all an idiot too bad those idiots's represent people and their decision is law. Technicalities have already been covered by informing these free-loaders in advance that regulation may change but noone complained then. I hope parliament gives it a nod..

Guest dada_rocks
We have all used subsidised education dada...in whatever form...govt schools,colleges How are you paying it back....?I asked because you hate psuch people so much..... I know you will ask me the same...I am teaching in this country....may be not in the village but giving something back neverthe less.....
Again ridiculous line of debate.. If and when asked everyone sud be ready to render their service including me a you..Who is indebted to what extent does depend on cost incurred by govt in their education Pilots training cost== 10-15 crore ( we have debated on this alot) Medical stundents education cost== 20-25 lakh Engg students education cost== 4-6 lakh ........ It's upto govt to decide whose service it will choose to avail and they are not keepig anyone in dark it;s theire in black and white for everyone to read and comprehend the implications of getting free education. simple..

Guest dada_rocks
are u a lord snooty DR? becos u work in US?
Comprehension problme hai yaar tum logon ko.. Has govt asked me to work in this or that facility and I have somehow evaded it and landed in some lala land.. answer is noooooooooooooooo now go figure who is what..

I would like ramadoss to do it first. Besides...where do they stop? today it is 1 year...tomorrow they will say 10...... This is a free country...you can't force people otherwise we cease to ba a democracy. The govt can choose to remove subsidy but can't force people....

Guest dada_rocks
I would like ramadoss to do it first. Besides...where do they stop? today it is 1 year...tomorrow they will say 10...... This is a free country...you can't force people otherwise we cease to ba a democracy. The govt can choose to remove subsidy but can't force people....
YEs it's free country noone holds gun to anyohe's head to get admitted to medical school on free govt dime.. What the heck it has got to do with democracy, if anything these protesters are working in undemocratic way going against the directives of democratically elected govt. Yes if tomorrow ailing medical care system demands 10 years then it will be ten years else one is free to join Manipal medical college. How many of these gentlemen will be able to afford 20-25 lakh yaar.. badi badi baten karna bahut aasana hai.. govt can take subsidiy away but if govt does that another drama will ensue..

Guest dada_rocks
You do it first if it is so easy...... There is enough work to be done in villages for you. I am out of this thread because the hypocracy will make me lose my temper...and I don't want to do that. Good night every one.....
Which work I kept searching cud not find any.. :haha: Not hypocricy but fact is ur gobbldeygook has run it course u can't find anything to defend ur point..

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/medical-students-strike-rages-across-12-states/53518-3.html Apparently they are clamouring against serving one year in rural posting. These people have no idea what sort of negative signal they are giving to the 70% of India living in villages. Ramdoss have been an ego-maniac on prowl against Dr. Venugopaal but this time in my view he has got it right...:two_thumbs_up:
Hahahaha..Welcome to modern India DR. It is all about greed bhaiya, be it housing or be it career. Kahe ka magazmaari kar rahe ho ke "Who should do what?". When I was finishing off my Engineering half of my batchmates were preparing for GRE and SATs and all those exams needed to go abroad. The situation in your institutions would only be worse. It was distressing to see Southie students not knowing a cr@p about Gaya/Patna but knowing everything ke kaun se US school mein kaisa grant milta hai. Long story short dont worry about such "benevolent" ideas anymore. When it comes to India most Indians dont give a flying toss, the line outside the US/UK counsellate should ahev told you that by now. xxxx

That's not funny dada...it's sad.You hypocracy knows no bounds. And you seem just bitter.... If you are so concerned about people in the villages...you don't need an invitation or an order from the govt to it. People who want to do ...are doing it ...not writing about it on message boards.Please practice before you preach . And final good night!:sleep:

Guest dada_rocks

To summarize. (1) these decision are not whimsical or sadistic, govt chose to do this because medical care system remains largelky disfunctionl and there is personnel crunch (2) Engg sector if anything is over-manned, Engg graduates are sitting unemployed somehow chanign their trade to some software coding and earning living. Still every state engg colleg has scores of students unemployed. so No such personnel crunch and hence no similar directive. So when and if that happens every well meaning engg graduate sud be more than happy to serve.. (3) Govt didn't keep anyone in dark those conditions were already in place (4) Gving higher education partucalrly techincal costs money so we all owe to the govt and when and if they decide we sud be happy to serve. (5) In light of this that crap of why are u in usa is at best a red herring in this debate