Medical students strike against rural internship :-(

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks
DR, I am very sure given the wide protests and support from doctors and parties, this Ramdos idiot's idea will get squashed. We'll see how the tamasha unfolds.
Provided one set of medical student hailing from pooer background doesn;t rise in support I am banking on themm.. don't know how huge is their number.. If that happens politicians will take it from there..

Dada...either you are trying to wind up people or you have to be the biggest hypocrite in the world. A man who left his country for better worldly gains has the audacity to tell people to work in the villages to pay back. I will not insult myself by arguing with some one like you.... Time for updating the ignore list.

Guest dada_rocks

u are clueless beetle it's nto fifth standard class whre anythign will fly.. and yes meanwhile if ur gibberish makes any sense to u then go look for an under-manned rural engg unit facing personnel crunch i will be happy to volunteer.... ( NO BSing please u claimed there are places like that let us see u have graduated from gibeerish talk or are still stuck at that stage.. ).. u talk alot with zero sense of issue it doesn't fly in rationa debate.... anyway u not getting the point is least of my concern......

Guest dada_rocks

Lurker so far protest in Tamilnadu and Maharahstra.. no news of any protest from bihar/up medical colleges.. :two_thumbs_up:interesting

Guest dada_rocks

ABHJIT DAS director of CHSJ taking these clowns to task.. Watch the debate on ibnlive: http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/53549/12_2007/ftn0312_2/rural-stint-for-docs-is-it-forced-philanthropy.html Abhijit Das, India Center for Health and Justice Bio: Abhijit Das is Director of Centre for Health and Social Justice (CHSJ) a policy research and advocacy institution around health and human rights in India. Among its various activities CHSJ is involved in promoting civil society oversight and strengthening community leadership and voice around public health issues. It is also engaged in working with men to promote gender equality and eliminate violence against women. Abhijit has worked for over fifteen years as a grassroots based community health practitioner in North India. Abhijit is founder member of an alliance on men and gender equality called MASVAW, and a reproductive health and rights network Healthwatch Forum. Abhijit has been a consultant with UNFPA India, developing gender and VAW training curriculum for the health sector. Abhijit is involved in issues relating to health and human rights as a trainer, researcher and advocate and is also a regular contributor to the internet based development journal IndiaTogether. He has a degree in medicine and has training in obstetrics, gynecology and public health. Abhijit has been awarded the Fellowship on Population Innovations by the MacArthur Foundation and the Packard –Gates Fellowship by University of Washington, Seattle, USA. He is also Clinical Assistant Professor of the School of Public Health and Community Medicine at the University of Washington, Seattle, USA.

it is the responsibility of the state to provide public works... i.e. avenues of higher education. if they wish to subsidize it through the roof like it is in india, then have the students sign a commitment prior to the start of the education demanding services in exchange. otherwise, dont offer the subscidies to everyone, especially the elite who do eventually make it to these schools thanks to the tutors and what not, and then can very well afford the fee but receive what amounts to undeserving/unwarranted handouts. make education less subscidized in colleges or introduce work study programs. but once students graduate, dont hold them by their balls for the state has no rights over them after their period of education.

DR, I was speaking to my Dad yesterday on this and he mentioned something very interesting. This - Doctors/Engineers working in rural areas - is nothing new apparently. He gave the example of my Phuphaji who was a Civil servant and it was mandatory to spend 3 months every year in villages. In each of these 3 months a person had to spend 10 nights sleeping in the village. The term for this was "night-halt" and the idea clearly was to get the officers acquianted with grass root level issues. Of course with passing time this was diluted more and more and nowadays many, if not most, civil servants hardly do it. The argument can certainly be made that Doctors are hardly civil servant but the question is obviously that in a country of billions if 10,000 are previliged to get a Medical education are there NO responsibility to the society?

Damn PMCH starts protest too http://patnadaily.com/news2007/dec/1...ors_rally.html......
I am quite happy to see that. About time Biharis gave up on this "India" thingy when other states are least bothered. I very distinctly remember the time Bihar/UP/Delhi went up in flames against Mandal agitation. Most of Biharis of our generation have been directly impacted by that one way or the other. So what happened? We suffered most and many of the states who did not even barely get involved with the whole saga are also amongst the well-developed ones now. Coincidence? Think not. You may also check the 70s Emergency movement and see which state did the most, and suffered the most too. Bottomline jab other Indians ko koi garaz nahin hai to why should I give a f**k. Gimme a good reason. xxx

Guest dada_rocks

I see your point it's joint family and I have seen some individuals always sacrifice to keep that joint family going.. I guess that responsibility has gone to UP/Bihar/Jharkhand etc in this joint family called India..

Right, UP and Bihar are the *only* ones watching out for Mother India? :rofl: Nice lets belittle every other state. Nice nonsense. Anyway this is highly regionalistic and biased view that you have written that only a few states have good citizens. Utter nonsense. Anyway, I dont think I can change ur viewpoint, so will absolutely stop with this post.

I see your point it's joint family and I have seen some individuals always sacrifice to keep that joint family going.. I guess that responsibility has gone to UP/Bihar/Jharkhand etc in this joint family called India..
lol what rubbish !!!

Why don't the stupid ministers walk the talk by staying in a village for the first year of their term and living like a common villager.
Because they dont need to. In Indian politicail system Ministers are NOT at the grass root level. They are pretty much at the top of Indian Parliamentary system led by Prime Minister and Council of Ministers. And just as this bill is NOT advocating the head of Apollo Hospitals to move to villages but Junior Doctors I fail to see your argument Mandrake. To use an analogy Junior Doctors are akin to MLAs in Indian Political system and I hope we can both agree that bulk of MLAs spend a decent time in villages. Even many of the MPs for that matter hail from rural areas and spend a good amount of their time every year in village. DR is right on the money here about the Doctors. He is also very much on target that the ONLY party that would probably raise a hungama about this are the Communists. Where he is completely wrong of course is that he fails to realize is whenever there is a clash of "Personal interest" and "National Interest" in India the latter shall take a backseat. xxxx