Ok, I have had enough.

Ram

That is so freakin' hilarious that you guys have commentators that don't stay on topic too. One radio station I was listening to today was going on about politics for 20 minutes to eventually come to the conclusion that they all thought Australian politics was quite mundane (WTF talk about it for 20 minutes then?) Then they discussed Aussie Rules Footy for a while, once again ending with comments conceding that they know nothing about that game (yet they were happy to express opinions on it endlessly). One guy kept chipping in with stupid trivia that even the other commentators had no interest in and had no relevance to anything. Seriously my ears were just about to start bleeding by the end of it. Who knows what action we missed out on, but so long as I know some randoms thoughts on stuff that doesn't interest me, it's all good - right?

I understand that certain amount of "off-topic discussions" is certainly required in any sort of commentary that lasts for upto 7 hours a day, but what sort of off-topic stuff happens is what also matters. If it relates with cricketing anecdotes, or pieces from cricketing history or a witty comment, no one is going to mind. But the problem with guys like Arun Lal and Ramiz Raja is that, they go on endlessly on topics that are totally juvenile or sometimes, lacking in any sense. It is totally ok for Arun Lal to have passionate sentiments on environmental conservation or vegetarianism, but the main problem is, he expects the viewer to also share his passion and yacks away endlessly on those topics and that is totally unfair. The case of Ramiz Raja is even worse, he often digresses into passing comments on the other commentators and pulling their legs. Of course, as a commentating team, its all fine good for some banter, but we, as viewers, are not privy to the chemistry the exists amongst the team and hence, most of the their "jokes" that they pass between themselves dont make any sense to us. Besides, the most important point, i would rather have 540 minutes of Excellent cricket commentary, rather 450 minutes of mediocre commentary and 90 minutes of off-topic discussion. I will never be bored of excellent, well-informed cricketing insights.