Pakistan,you wuss!

Hain, what are you trying to say ? What risks are you talking about ?
if it was australia they would have won it with EASE. like one test sa declared with 280 runs lead and 53 overs or 63, and they knocked those runs with EASE. atleast try to play some shots or crowd will be bored to death. no wonder crowd never shows up in tests in pakistan. dont want this happen in india.

WOW! 63 or 53 overs! 280!!!!! 4th Inn...Holy cow! They basically played a ODI match! India will do well (and ICF-ers will do well) to REMEMBER this when we debate "declaring" in Aus series! I will remember this stat for Aus series here :P Professor Shwetabh - pls. note this for discussion during Aus tour :D More than likely Aus will declare, and Ind will not get to position to "declare" in Aus? Thats a diff matter! How often will the "Sydney" type 650-700 happen for India? I sure hope it repeats for us.

WOW! 63 or 53 overs! 280!!!!! 4th Inn...Holy cow! They basically played a ODI match! India will do well (and ICF-ers will do well) to REMEMBER this when we debate "declaring" in Aus series! I will remember this stat for Aus series here :P Professor Shwetabh - pls. note this for discussion during Aus tour :D More than likely Aus will declare, and Ind will not get to position to "declare" in Aus? Thats a diff matter!
I shall certainly take a note of this discussion when you understand the difference between Aussie and Indian tracks.Even we chased down 230 in Australia without much fuss.

Nope. Extending the innings to stumps allowed Kumble the option of calling for the heaviest roller this morning (which I hope he did take). Had we declared, that option would have gone to Eunice (who surely wouldn't have gone for a heavy roller, given that's the most likely thing to worsen the cracks in the pitch).

Nope. Extending the innings to stumps allowed Kumble the option of calling for the heaviest roller this morning (which I hope he did take). Had we declared, that option would have gone to Eunice (who surely wouldn't have gone for a heavy roller, given that's the most likely thing to worsen the cracks in the pitch).
So why do you think Anil played for 40 mins ? Rather than play a couple of overs and declare ? I am sure they had wanted to add 40-odd runs to their total.
340 in 80 overs and not even a hint of trying to get it......
What a strange statement, this isnt an ODI where Kumble and Bhaji are restricted to 10 overs each. In tests whichever bowler is bowling the best can bowl as long as his stamina will allow him making it difficult to score. Plus a 5th day pitch in the equation. The only wuss today was Kumble who should have declared overnight and given us a chance at a win
What a strange statement' date=' this isnt an ODI where Kumble and Bhaji are restricted to 10 overs each. In tests whichever bowler is bowling the best can bowl as long as his stamina will allow him making it difficult to score.[/quote'] Really? I didn't know that.......Seriously, we know its harder than a ODI but its 80 fking overs. You can try to play normal cricket.....Imagine the same team had batted at just 1 more RPO than they did, at tea they would have need just 170 runs in the last 30 overs? Is the diff. to get in a test match? Ofcourse it is. Is it improbable ? Nope.
Plus a 5th day pitch in the equation.
How many wickets have fallen in this test match?

Declared too late. Should have taken a chance and declared overnight and see waht happens. If by chance Pak managed to get the runs then fine. But we have to dangle a carrot to get anything in return. 340 is too much. In fact scoring 250+ on the last day in India (probably anywhere) is almost impossible.