India prepare green track when pacemen are unfit

DesiChap

I am happy with this news ... our batsman will get a good workout heading into the Aussie series in an important match (better to test them under pressure), and also it will be good to see what Munaf can do on a pitch that provides a bit of assistance. I still believe we will win this one anyway.
Why risk a series win just coz we aim for next tour without completing current tour series win, is it?

Green top ? For the final test of a 3 match series we lead 1-0 ? :haha: The pitch will be as flat without VERY VERY less grass. Didnt you all hear what Anil Kumble said after test 2 ? That India would like to score in excess of 500 again and put their batsman under pressure. I just hope this one has a bit more pace in it than the Kolkata one, that is all.

MM, Here is the *curator* "There is lot of green on the wicket and has always helped seam bowlers more than the spinners as we don’t believe in preparing spinner friendly wickets," Raju told Cricketnext.com on Thursday. "This wicket has intrinsic bounce and should help the Pakistan attack more as there has been persistent drizzle for the past two days and it might continue to rain for the next three days," Raju added. Why should we even give a hint or chance to "help the Pakistan attack more "?

No Worries, FL. All this talk of curator is just nonsense. This will be a dusty brown pitch, make no mistake about that. He is probably been instructed to mouth off some nonsense. Come to think of it, will any curator be dumb enough to say " pitch will suit Pak more" in a deciding test match ? Relax, this aint gonna a green-top.

Why risk a series win just coz we aim for next tour without completing current tour series win' date= is it?
Our team can't be constantly relying on flat pitches or spin pitches to win games otherwise it wont just be Australia that we will lose to, but quite a few other countries. I have confidence in our team's ability to win on all surfaces but we have to bite the bullet, and take a bit of short-term pain for long-term gain. A green-top may also help our seamers out ... guys like Munaf and Pathan might get a bit of assistance ... so not only does it prepare us for the next series, I believe if the pitch has some spice in it, it boosts our chances of taking 20 wickets.
No Worries, FL. All this talk of curator is just nonsense. This will be a dusty brown pitch, make no mistake about that. He is probably been instructed to mouth off some nonsense. Come to think of it, will any curator be dumb enough to say " pitch will suit Pak more" in a deciding test match ? Relax, this aint gonna a green-top.
ok :two_thumbs_up:
I am happy with this news ... our batsman will get a good workout heading into the Aussie series in an important match (better to test them under pressure)' date=' and also it will be good to see what [b']Munaf can do on a pitch that provides a bit of assistance. I still believe we will win this one anyway.
Munaf is not playing this test Bharat, nor is Zaheer or RP Singh or Sreeshanth. I hope you now get the scenario clear that the fans are worried at greentop because none of the frontline seamers are available. But I'm sure that the grass will be shaved off but pitch will have some moisture early in day one or so because of the lack of sun.

In any case it will be good for Pathan if there is some assistance ... the guy is slowly coming back and it will be good to see what this guy can do when the pitch has a bit of life. As I said above, if there is some extra bounce, Kumble will also get some assistance, as well. Not to mention it will be good for our batsman as they will get a good workout, on a pitch with a bit of life.

Pith

Ya ! let me remind you .. there was grass on the bangalore pitch when Aus played 1st test of the series couple of years ago :hatsoff:and that reminds me of a green top in nagpur where india finally lost a series to the aussies at home after 30 odd years. :cry_smile: By the way .. hello everybody ! Im new here .. hope to make some friends !
"There is lot of green on the wicket and has always helped seam bowlers more than the spinners as we don’t believe in preparing spinner friendly wickets," Raju told Cricketnext.com on Thursday. "This wicket has intrinsic bounce and should help the Pakistan attack more as there has been persistent drizzle for the past two days and it might continue to rain for the next three days," Raju added.
I think that's good for cricket. As much as you would like to big up Pakistan bowling, I don't quite agree with that. Shoaib can be pedestrian despite his good form on the tour so far. I don't believe the likes of Sami, Rao and Tanvir are going to run through batting line ups. They haven't shot India out more than once in the series so far and that says a lot about Pakistan's bowling. India will suffer too because of lack of good bowling options but lest the rookie Indian bowlers will get to bowl on a good pitch. Pathan can be a handful on pitches that seam. I think both the team will struggle to knock over the opposition twice unless of course the pitch is a mine field.
Ya ! let me remind you .. there was grass on the bangalore pitch when Aus played 1st test of the series couple of years ago :hatsoff:and that reminds me of a green top in nagpur where india finally lost a series to the aussies at home after 30 odd years. :cry_smile: By the way .. hello everybody ! Im new here .. hope to make some friends !
I am quite certain the pitch will be a good one for batting. Every Tom Dick and Harry curator says the same thing about the pitch before every match - " It will have good bounce, it will intially assist the pacers, flatten out for batting and help the spinners later on" , but ultimately, the result is something. Btw, Desi_downunder, welcome to ICF !