India prepare green track when pacemen are unfit

DesiChap

Bangalore:For a change, India have dared to prepare a lively pitch, but it might just be the wrong time to do so as most of their pace bowlers are struggling with injuries. The Indian think-tank will be tested fully while picking the right combination for the third and final Test against Pakistan at the Chinnaswamy Stadium. With front-line pace-man Zaheer Khan and the not so impressive Munaf Patel sidelined due to injuries, the Indian team will have to bank on Irfan Pathan, V R V Singh and Ishant Sharma. Curator Narayan Raju looked a worried man despite the fact that the home team is leading the three-match Test series 1-0 as the gloomy conditions will only help the visitor’s new ball bowlers – Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Sami, Sohail Tanvir and Rao Iftikar, who joined the team on Thursday, more than the hosts. In fact, the Indians would be looking forward to bank on their more experienced spinners to deliver the goods and hoping that a draw suffices, if not to a win, as their previous record is not too impressive at the Chinnaswamy Stadium. "There is lot of green on the wicket and has always helped seam bowlers more than the spinners as we don’t believe in preparing spinner friendly wickets," Raju told Cricketnext.com on Thursday. "This wicket has intrinsic bounce and should help the Pakistan attack more as there has been persistent drizzle for the past two days and it might continue to rain for the next three days," Raju added. According to a source close to the team management, the Indians are likely to go in with two medium pacers and two spinners like they did at Delhi and Kolkata. However, the Indian bowling coach Venkatesh Prasad was unconcerned with the state the of the pitch despite the Indians having a very poor record on this ground against their arch-rivals, losing the final Test here in 1987, with it the series, and then again in 2004, which helped the Pakistanis level the series 1-1. Prasad said he was confident of Pathan and V R V’s (Singh) abilities and was not very concerned despite the fact that the Indian seam bowlers were no match for the likes of Akhtar, Sami, Tanvir and others. "This is the right time for us to test our resources before an important series Down Under and we should not lose heart just because the wicket looks green right now and the chilly weather seems to help the fast bowlers more," Prasad said. Of course, there is always the possibility of the pitch being shaved off its grass in the nick of time. http://www.cricketnext.com/news/green-top-awaits-teams-in-bangalore/28200-13.html

"This is the right time for us to test our resources before an important series Down Under and we should not lose heart just because the wicket looks green right now and the chilly weather seems to help the fast bowlers more," Prasad said. Of course, there is always the possibility of the pitch being shaved off its grass in the nick of time. http://www.cricketnext.com/news/green-top-awaits-teams-in-bangalore/28200-13.html
yeah what a timing, with the series decider and that too against Pakistan at home:two_thumbs_up:

Madness...our pacers are unfit, our strength currently is spinners for Test-3. For Pak - their pacers are fit, and Kaneria has not been effective. Instead of preparing a spinning track, we prepare a pacer's paradise green one!? Mad. I hope Kumble has a say with the Blore curator and can tell him the "ground" realities. WE DONT WANT TO END UP 1-1!!!

Madness...our pacers are unfit, our strength currently is spinners for Test-3. For Pak - their pacers are fit, and Kaneria has not been effective. Instead of preparing a spinning track, we prepare a pacer's paradise green one!? Mad. I hope Kumble has a say with the Blore curator and can tell him the "ground" realities. WE DONT WANT TO END UP 1-1!!!
Finey wanna bet 5000 ICF$ I win 5K from you if India win you get 5K from me if Pak win :giggle:
Instead of preparing a spinning track, we prepare a pacer's paradise green one!? Mad.
Uh, just for the record, a pitch is not prepared in one day or even two. It's prepared over a period of time for a test match and the curator at that point cannot predict the injuries to a team. So lets quit the whining, shall we?
India'll win' date=' my reasoning is simple, FL has already started whining, just can't agree with all that pessimistic cra.p.[/quote'] apart from ur personal hatred towards me becos i dislike the politician ganguly... think if u can... preparing pitches to suit home advtg is done everywhere. why cant we question when opposite is done here?
apart from ur personal hatred towards me becos i dislike the politician ganguly... think if u can... preparing pitches to suit home advtg is done everywhere. why cant we question when opposite is done here?
Nah I don't hate idiots, so you're quite safe from my hatred :two_thumbs_up: As I said, I didn't say you were not right in this case, but I just hate all the pessimistic bs you keep on churning out, so on principle I'm gonna disagree with your prediction, not the analysis (ie, home adv).
Nah I don't hate idiots, so you're quite safe from my hatred :two_thumbs_up: As I said, I didn't say you were not right in this case, but I just hate all the pessimistic bs you keep on churning out, so on principle I'm gonna disagree with your prediction, not the analysis (ie, home adv).
Alrite peabrain, suit yourself with your bs reasoning :finger:

I am happy with this news ... our batsman will get a good workout heading into the Aussie series in an important match (better to test them under pressure), and also it will be good to see what Munaf can do on a pitch that provides a bit of assistance. I still believe we will win this one anyway.