MM! didn't u say they'll cut the grass?

fineleg

Its stupid of the curator MM. This is KUMBLE's ground, Kumble is the captain, this is absurd doing it anything other than to India's clear advantage (should not even be neutral, should be to our clear strength)
Relax. I have seen test match wickets in Ind that have had much more grass in it. Its just a normal wicket. Dont be fooled by Lal's analysis. He knows jack about pitches. Seeing Shoaib's first over, i didnt see evidence of too much movement. If anything , there maybe some movement in the air due to the moisture in the air.

Oh well what did you want? Yet another useless draw with both teams notching up over 500 in the first inning? There is good bounce but not movement off the pitch. If you don't provide any assistance to the bowlers what do you expect of them? Bowl heaps of overs without result. You aren't helpful to the bowlers are ya?

Oh well what did you want? Yet another useless draw with both teams notching up over 500 in the first inning? There is good bounce but not movement off the pitch. If you don't provide any assistance to the bowlers what do you expect of them? Bowl heaps of overs without result. You aren't helpful to the bowlers are ya?
F'leg just wants Ind to atleast draw this match so that we win this series. Cant exactly fault that line of thinking.
F'leg just wants Ind to atleast draw this match so that we win this series. Cant exactly fault that line of thinking.
Yes, ravi - MM has summed it up correctly. I dont always want batsman friendly pitches. Usually I like it bit for both bat and ball. But I want to ensure a draw here atleast given our main players are missing. Lets win the series and not cause any hiccups.

Yes in this 100 mins we could have been 95-0 in a patta pitch. But I dont like what Raju has done - now we need to climb outta this first session hole. No problem if this was Test-1 - but we are 1-0 up and this is the LAST match series decider. 61-4 (VVS Laxman bowled by Arafat - 3 wickets for Arafat)