Well Done Dada ...

Guest BossBhai

I hope Kolkata would have a big heart to cheer Dravid one day.
Kolkata has always cheered RD. However, what separates Kolkata from other centres is that Kolkata has never taken injustice lying down. Unlike Bangalore, which has basked in the puerile pleasure in dishonoring a patriot in his dark days. Either by booing him on the field or by not protesting off it. Thats why RD has been booed during his pact with the devil. Just as SMG has been booed when Kaps was left out.

'Manner in which I was dropped wasn't right' - Ganguly Sourav Ganguly has said that his forced exile from international cricket made him more determined to prove a point. He also said that he intends to play through 2008. "Not better, but probably more determined," Ganguly told the Kolkata-based Telegraph. "I wish to add that the circumstances and the manner in which I got dropped just weren't right. I don't have an issue with being left out, that's part of the game, but the manner wasn't right." Ganguly had differences with the then coach Greg Chappell and the issue snowballed after one of Chappell's email to the board was leaked in September 2005. On November 22, the selectors ended his five-year reign as Test captain when they picked Rahul Dravid to lead the side for the series against Sri Lanka. Dravid had been handed the one-day captaincy a month before. Ganguly was dropped from the one-day side in October and the Test team in December and made his comeback in to both teams a year later in December last year. Ganguly, 35, is so far India's leading Test run-scorer for 2007 with 932 runs following his double-hundred in Bangalore, and he has been growing from strength to strength. He squashed all speculations about his retirement, saying he intends to play next year. "Call it [his age] a driving force or whatever, but I want to continue being successful... The hunger hasn't died... Form permitting, I intend playing through 2008." © Cricinfo

He has a very highly regarded view of himself. mountain of an ego.
Is that a bad thing ? If he wasn't cocky, he wouldn't have played as long as he did. Why do Indians frown upon people who have a bit of an ego ? Ganguly, Yuvraj, Sreesanth. I'd take players like them over the humble, kind and polite c unts who lost more matches than they ever won back in the 1990's.

I am expecting more of such nonsensical comments coming from Indian team(also Pakistan). For all the brouhaha about India being a aggressive outfit with tearaway fast bowler etc etc, what has essentially been happening in this current series is that the pitches are absolutely third rate batting tracks. The series has not yet finished and we have had 9 centuries, including 2 double tons. Close to 3000 runs have been scored and atleast 8 batsmen average over 50! What a waste of Test series. In 80s and 90s the Indian pitch were prepared for our spinners. Even then Indian batsmen never averaged the way they are averaging right now. Would be interesting to see Ganguly's performance after the trip Down Under.

Is that a bad thing ? If he wasn't cocky, he wouldn't have played as long as he did. Why do Indians frown upon people who have a bit of an ego ? Ganguly, Yuvraj, Sreesanth. I'd take players like them over the humble, kind and polite c unts who lost more matches than they ever won back in the 1990's.
didn't say it's a bad thing.
I am expecting more of such nonsensical comments coming from Indian team(also Pakistan). For all the brouhaha about India being a aggressive outfit with tearaway fast bowler etc etc, what has essentially been happening in this current series is that the pitches are absolutely third rate batting tracks. The series has not yet finished and we have had 9 centuries, including 2 double tons. Close to 3000 runs have been scored and atleast 8 batsmen average over 50! What a waste of Test series. In 80s and 90s the Indian pitch were prepared for our spinners. Even then Indian batsmen never averaged the way they are averaging right now. Would be interesting to see Ganguly's performance after the trip Down Under.
Spot on Lurker. These pitches are tailor made for batsmen's pleasure! Will be keen on watching how they fair at Australia...
Guest dada_rocks
He has a very highly regarded view of himself. mountain of an ego.
In other fields this trait may be delporable but in sporting arena it's very much desirable.:two_thumbs_up: Reminds me of that Monsoon wedding film characters friendly word-exchange at the eve of wedding. You ostentatious Punjabis You pretentious Bengalis :D
Kolkata has always cheered RD. However' date=' what separates Kolkata from other centres is that Kolkata has never taken injustice lying down. Unlike Bangalore, which has basked in the puerile pleasure in dishonoring a patriot in his dark days. Either by booing him on the field or by not protesting off it. Thats why RD has been booed during his pact with the devil. Just as SMG has been booed when Kaps was left out.[/quote'] They didn't boo RD alone. The entire team was booed. The worst thing was they cheered the opposition. I don't think any other place in India would have cheered the opposition and wanted to win over the home team, just because their favorite player is not in the team. It's hardly not surprising given then the pinkos cheer China and supported China in the 1961 war against India.