Well Done Dada ...

Guest BossBhai

They didn't boo RD alone. The entire team was booed. The worst thing was they cheered the opposition. I don't think any other place in India would have cheered the opposition and wanted to win over the home team, just because their favorite player is not in the team. It's hardly not surprising given then the pinkos cheer China and supported China in the 1961 war against India.
One word for these kind of people TRAITORS
They didn't boo RD alone. The entire team was booed. The worst thing was they cheered the opposition. I don't think any other place in India would have cheered the opposition and wanted to win over the home team, just because their favorite player is not in the team. It's hardly not surprising given then the pinkos cheer China and supported China in the 1961 war against India.
i still remember that foolish and idiotic act by calcutta people.

hez got the bragging rights to say this as well : Sourav Ganguly has said that his forced exile from international cricket made him more determined to prove a point. He also said that he intends to play through 2008. "Not better, but probably more determined," Ganguly told the Kolkata-based Telegraph. "I wish to add that the circumstances and the manner in which I got dropped just weren't right. I don't have an issue with being left out, that's part of the game, but the manner wasn't right." Ganguly had differences with the then coach Greg Chappell and the issue snowballed after one of Chappell's email to the board was leaked in September 2005. On November 22, the selectors ended his five-year reign as Test captain when they picked Rahul Dravid to lead the side for the series against Sri Lanka. Dravid had been handed the one-day captaincy a month before. Ganguly was dropped from the one-day side in October and the Test team in December and made his comeback in to both teams a year later in December last year. Ganguly, 35, is so far India's leading Test run-scorer for 2007 with 932 runs following his double-hundred in Bangalore, and he has been growing from strength to strength. He squashed all speculations about his retirement, saying he intends to play next year. "Call it [his age] a driving force or whatever, but I want to continue being successful... The hunger hasn't died... Form permitting, I intend playing through 2008."

Sourav eyes 1000 mark Sourav eyes 1000 mark OUR CORRESPONDENT11sourav.jpg Sourav

Bangalore: Still basking in the glory of his maiden double hundred, Sourav Ganguly’s new goal is to complete 1000 runs in Tests in 2007. South Africa’s Jacques Kallis leads the chart with 1125 runs from eight matches with an average of 93.75. Sourav, till Monday, has 932 runs and is 193 behind Kallis. He has the second innings of the ongoing Test as well as the Boxing Day Test in Melbourne to reach the coveted mark. The following are excerpts from his interaction with the media: Q How are you visualising India’s chances in the match? A Tuesday’s morning session will be important. Misbah-ul Haq and Kamran Akmal are their last recognised batting pair. The way this wicket has been behaving it won’t be easy for the lower order batsmen. Are you aware of the fact that you are just 193 runs away from surpassing Jacques Kallis as No. 1 Test batsman this year? Are you confident about surpassing him? Yes, I’m aware of this. Let’s see how opportunities unfold in the next few days. If Pakistan manage to save the follow-on, I may get a chance here. If not, I’ll have to perform well in Melbourne. I wish to complete the 1000-mark in this calendar year. The month of December seems to be an eventful one for you. You were dropped from a Test in December 2005, came back in the same month in 2006 and now it’s another December when you got your maiden double hundred. Isn’t it something unusual? (Laughs) I don’t know the answer... Never thought about this. I only hope I can keep going… How confident are you of continuing your dream run in Australia? Let’s hope so. I’ve had a good series in Australia the last time. But I don’t think the past has any control over the current... You have to start afresh in each match. Your comments on Gary Kirsten’s visit ahead of the Test? It was a short visit, at a time when we were busy with this Test. He’s going to be with us for two years and so more interactions will follow. Are you worried about injuries to key bowlers ahead of the Australia series? Not really. I believe Zaheer Khan and R.P. Singh will be fit for the Australia series but can’t say anything about Sreesanth. Munaf Patel should also be fit in time. In their absence, Irfan Pathan and Ishant Sharma have been given a chance here. What about your role as a bowler in Australia? I’m not good enough to be a fourth bowler in the team. I would like to see myself in a fifth bowler’s role. I think if I can bowl 12-13 overs a day, without conceding too many runs and picking up one or two odd wickets, I’ll be happy with my role. This way the main bowlers can also remain fresh.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1071211/asp/sports/story_8654622.asp

Surprising he actually told he wants to go after the 1000 landmark. Sourav has mellowed considerably since being dropped. His tone seem more reconciliatory now than ever. I think that composure is also reflecting in his batting. A small request to DC, There are already several threads on Ganguly. Next time, when you find some new information on Sourav, could you please add it to an existing sourav thread ? So many simultaneous threads is fragmenting the discussion.

at first, ganguly was rightly dropped.. wasn't really scoring.. but then when he came back.. later on when he scored 39 and 40 odd against lanka in Delhi test in 05.. he was dropped agian.. that was a pathetic from selectors..
You make a very good point there Tics, he was yoyo'ed in the team. He scored couple of decent 40s but was dropped. I can't remember anyone scoring runs in that test match barring Irfan Pathan but they dropped Ganguly. Ganguly then looked quite composed but wasn't persisted with. Selectors are always of this sort, they stuff up a lot.