RP Singh: How easy is it to recover from an injury, and not have time to get match fit?

fineleg

RP Singh will go to Aus in all likelihood. However, usually bowlers, esp. fast bowlers need a couple of matches in domestic to get back into rhythm and get match fit after recovering. Just bowling in the nets and practice won't help to get match fit. Putting him straight into an Aus tour can be a tough thing, and he may be very tentative and wayward. That can mean disaster when you only have 4 bowlers in the playing 11, and one of them is a spinner which may not help during Aus 1st Inn? We dont have much choice, but this means the chances of Aus raking up 500-600+ in their 1st Inn is very high, and something we need to be concerned about.

Before you asked me this question: I updated the first post ...knew this will be asked:D "We dont have much choice, but this means the chances of Aus raking up 500-600+ in their 1st Inn is very high, and something we need to be concerned about." Can't do much about it since we have USELESS bench strength in fast bowling, but rather worrying factor.

as of now he is in everyones playing 11 for the Boxing day test match.. he has been made like the kohinoor of thIS iNDIAN BOWLING attack.. well its understandable, considering his classic bowling which helped India win in England after ages and then helped India win the 2020 championship.. i hope he lives up to our expectationz and gets to play all 4 tests. COME ON RP SINGH

Before you asked me this question: I updated the first post ...knew this will be asked:D "We dont have much choice, but this means the chances of Aus raking up 500-600+ in their 1st Inn is very high, and something we need to be concerned about." Can't do much about it since we have USELESS bench strength in fast bowling, but rather worrying factor.
Yup. Gotta live with it. I'm sure we arent gonna make him play unfit, like what Pakistan did. We have a tour match there, before the first game, and it'll be a good time for him to get some overs under his belt. If he isnt fit, he wont play the first game. But we cant really help it, our bench strength isnt that good. Do the best from the resources you have, i guess....
Tics, By Test-3 and Test-4, I am pretty sure he will be bowling well. I fully expect him to be wayward and loose in Test-1, becos any fast bowler will find it very difficult to make a comeback from injury into a very important series without getting match fit.
i hope the game against victoria comes handy for him.. the 3 day fixture before the boxinday day test

I think those stupid idiots at BCCI have requested a change and changed it from 3 day to 2 day!!! What brainless guys we have at bcci! (atleast we read in ICF the change was requested, not sure if it got changed to 2 days...can someone confirm?...cricinfo may or may not be updated, but change was requested by bcci I believe)

India's request for one of their two tour matches to be reduced by a day was granted by Cricket Australia Monday. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) asked CA to shorten their match against an Australian Capital Territory XI from three days to two. The match, to be played at Canberra's Manuka Oval, will take place on January 10-11. It will be India's only hit-out between the second and third Tests and means the tourists go from the second Test at the spin-friendly Sydney Cricket Ground to the third Test at Perth's bouncy WACA Ground with only a two-day match for adjustment. A CA spokesman said the BCCI had not provided a reason for their request. ----- ok...maybe this is the one between 2nd and 3rd test?

Plus last time we did well to have 2 games before the tour started. It really helps. In this case, it would have helped all our batters to acclimatise, and guys like RP Singh as well. This time BCCI is rushing through the tour. They dont care abt cricket. The goons only want the money!