who says dravid is struggling or out of form???

oh coffee...stop being silly' date=' the whole world ( including Dravid) knows his last ODI is behind him... he has been dropped and that is it. Its over , in ODIs.[/quote'] :finger: If that was the case (if he knew he had played the last ODI), he would have announced his retirement from ODIs. You want to be bet on him playing ODIs in Australia?
:finger: If that was the case (if he knew he had played the last ODI), he would have announced his retirement from ODIs. You want to be bet on him playing ODIs in Australia?
delusions of grandeur have been RD's companion ever since he plotted for the captaincy... so you might be right there! :finger::yay:
Dravid is too good a batsman to get out for single digit scores for too long. He will makes scores that are good enough by most batsmans' standards, but by his own standards, he is still short on what he has to be. Dravid seems anxious at the crease. I didnt watch him play in the 2nd innings, but judging by what i saw in the first innings, looks like he is putting too much stress on himself. His tried to make his defense visually more solid, and his attack looked extravagant at times. I am so relieved to know he just scored a double in Ranji trophy. It shows he still has what it takes to get back his old mojo, I am sure he will do it. He needs to relax a bit and let his inherent batting genes to take over.Batting, Innings building are some skills that are now in his blood. At his peak , he could score a century batting one-handed. He just needs his system to take control over his senses, which are now actually confusing him.
Absolutely. Dropping Dravid from the Test team will be the worst mistake for an Aus tour. He is one of the most important batsman for us in an Aus tour. RD will definitely be back amongst the runs - brilliant batsman, extraordinary willpower, superb team player :thumbs_up:

Need one brick in The Wall Author: Sanjjeev K Samyal Date: 11 Dec 2007 Gundappa Vishwanath believes a good knock will see Rahul Dravid ready for battle against the mighty Australians image_gallery?img_id=812978BANGALORE: India have reason to be happy with the overall form of its batsmen ahead of the challenging Australia series. But, they will be well aware that all these runs against Pakistan’s depleted attack will not count for anything when they head for the battle Down Under in few days time. The wickets in Australia will be more spiteful, the attack more menacing and the intensity of the battle fiercer. You have to be genuine material to survive the Australian test. There is no debate over who will be the key to India’s batting success. Experts are unanimous in opinion that for India to do well, Rahul Dravid’s contribution will be crucial to fight it out against Aussies’ searing pace battery headed by Brett Lee. He has the record, the class, temperament and experience. On India’s last tour there in 2003, Dravid had an unbelievable run of 1, 43 (not out), 233 (not out), 72, 49, 92, 38 and 91 (not out). Dravid himself will vouch that a positive frame of mind is vital for such a huge challenge. It’s not certain, though, whether he is in that frame of mind at the moment. Confidence comes from runs and Dravid hasn’t got the numbers against a depleted Pakistan attack, which would have given him the satisfaction and confidence. He has looked good in his stay at the wicket in the five innings he has played. But quite unlike Dravid, he has not been able to capitalise for a three-figure score. He was unlucky to get a bad decision at Kolkata, but was guilty of gifting his wicket in the third Test here and in the first innings of the first Test. In the five innings so far, he aggregates 149 with a highest score of 50 at an average of 37.25. Bangalore-based legendary India batsman Gundappa Vishwanath, who had picked Dravid for India when he was the chairman of selectors, said: “Knowing him, he will be the one most disappointed with himself at not capitalising on his starts. He was unlucky in Kolkata; he got a poor decision, but these things happen in cricket,” Vishwanath told MiD DAY. Vishwanath agreed getting a big score in this series would have been an ideal way to go into the Australia series. He analysed the Karnataka batsman’s problem as one of proper shot selection. Poor shot selection “He is shaping up well; timing the ball well. The only thing is, he is short of a big score. He is getting out at the wrong time, shot selection has let him down. He will be fine by sorting it out,” said Vishwanath. Vishwanath said there is no cause to worry about his performance in Australia. He was confident Dravid would come good when it matters against Lee and Co. “Remember, he is still technically one of the best batsmen in the world. He has done well there and knows what he has to do to succeed in Australia. If you have the class, the wickets in Australia are beautiful for batting. The ball comes on to the bat, it’s perfect for your strokes. I loved batting there. I don’t need to advice him, he’s been there and done that. He will be ready for Australia.” Skipper Anil Kumble would be hoping Dravid gets going if he gets a chance to bat in the second innings here. http://www.mid-day.com/sports/news/article?_EXT_5_articleId=812985&_EXT_5_groupId=14

feverpitch, tell u what.. there is know batsman in Indian domestic cricket as good as dravid.. no batsman can replace Dravid.. or u tell me if u know any batsman who can replace Dravid..
Forget domestic cricket, tell me any batsman in the world that has done the job for his country and well as Dravid has for India, Ponting excluded.
Forget domestic cricket' date=' tell me any batsman in the world that has done the job for his country and well as Dravid has for India, Ponting excluded.[/quote'] as i already said, past is no guarantee of the future. he sucked in england, he sucked in SA... so what gives that he will not suck big time in ozland now?
as i already said' date=' past is no guarantee of the future. he sucked in england, he sucked in SA... so what gives that he will not suck big time in ozland now?[/quote'] If past is no guarantee, how come Aussies are peeing in their pants thinking about a Indian ex-captain's form and scores on patta wickets against Pakistan.?