Congrats Anil : from ICF

Guest HariSampath

Guest HariSampath

I just spoke for a couple of minutes with Anil Kumble, the Indian test captain and congratulated him for the Test series win. I specifically told him about the hearty congratulations from ICF and he remembered enough to ask me " oh I know Hari, your overseas friends fans site, thanks everyone" . I was just telling him at that time how I wished Sehwag should have been in the side for Australia, as Cheeka had said so too on ICF website when Anil interrupred me and said " he is in there, Hari, you must be happy now".... I was delighted, but then Anil had also seen the case I had made out for Sehwag on ICF ( I had emailed him that piece). He said that a seasoned campaigner like Sehwag is just what the top order needs ..."particularly in Aussie pitches". I had to tell Anil that I was a bit disapppointed with the late declaration, and he said "yes, I did not forsee the light issue, maybe I was 30 min off target". But I added that all of us were delighted with his new style bowling, and fiver to which he said" yeah, some cross seam stuff was what I wanted to try". I had to let him go as he had a media phone call waiting, he has asked me to call him tomorrow after 8 pm. :two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::yay::yay::hatsoff::hatsoff:

Guest HariSampath

Where are all the ICFrs who were making fun of me about Anil Kumble ??? LOL....see this... I was fighting tooth and nail for Sehwag, with Anil, had emailed him our ICF article written by me which he had read and replied to me too... thats how I was also quite sure about Pankaj singh..... see this..

Well....a little bird has just emailed me...selectors have been asked by India team management to take a closer look at Pankaj Singh and also Praveen Kumar....breathe easy thalil...theres hope yet... I vote Pankaj Singh....built well, rhb, nippy and gets genuine caught behind/edge dismissals at almost 140K and after all plenty of first class wkts....surely that MUST mean something, on our pitches
Guest HariSampath

Doc... thats not fair to call it "tip offs" LOL.... call them seasoned cricketing judgement of an ICfr...against ALL odds...lol, I don't want the ICC anti corruption unit at my door..:haha:

Hats off Hari on ur call about Pankaj Singh.... From what I have seen of the lad, I liked him.... He has all the ingredients and from what i saw, he is no mug with the bat.... i would ideally like him to immediately go to the MRF pace foundation for a 2 week stint and get his pace from his current 132-134kph to 138-140kph.... he has the physique and fitness, atleast from the looks of it.... so obviously, it has to be the technicalities like runup, or followthrough or something like tht, tht might add another yard or so....