The Sehwag threads [Merged]

Guest HariSampath

The Sehwag threads [Merged]  

1. 1.

• Much better
    • Not better
    • unclear

Guest HariSampath
Yes they are all journeymen Gambhir' date=' Chopra, Karthik, Parthiv, the whole lot. Their best performances are worse or at best equal to Sehwag's record over his last 10 tests or so.[/quote'] shwetabh.....u got the issue right on..maaan.....u said what I had been screaming to Indian cricket press over one week....and Cheeka ( begging cheeka to at least mention this to Vengsarkar once} as well as e-bombing Anil...3 times...AND getting a response....spot on...maan...way to go..:eyedance::two_thumbs_up::yay:
shwetabh.....u got the issue right on..maaan.....u said what I had been screaming to Indian cricket press over one week....and Cheeka ( begging cheeka to at least mention this to Vengsarkar once} as well as e-bombing Anil...3 times...AND getting a response....spot on...maan...way to go..:eyedance::two_thumbs_up::yay:
Hari Sampath, What response did AK give you on Sehwag? You dont have to give all details if you dont want to, but was it +ve response that AK wanted VS to be in the squad?
Just to keep things clear, I'll keep this as a separate thread. I see there are plenty of happy and unhappy faces at Sehwag's inclusion in Test for Aus. What is the acceptable success criteria so we can have meaningful discussion after Aus Test tour is completed? It has to be relative to performance of other batsmen, and given that Sehwag is an opener (we expect openers to help us with good strong batting performances) and given that he has been extended a miraculous offer to tour - we expect very good performance from him. Can all (or MOST of us) accept this as the criteria? (we have to ignore umpiring - too complicated to bring that if SRT gets a silly decision, or VS or RD etc) PS: just for easy reference later, cross referencing: http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=81341
Would you have accepted a similar criteria for Gambhir or Karthik? Are you willing to give the same criteria to Jaffer, the other opener. I back Sehwag to make at least one telling century in the first innings of a test and average around the 40 mark over all.
Shwetabh, Yes. Same for GG (KKD i dont consider as opener at all...i dont even want him near that spot). As opener you HAVE to be among the top 3 atleast. That is a very important position which sets the tone of a match, and we can expect among top 3. Ok, atleast I note your criteria: AVG 40 and one telling century. However if every other bat averages more than 40 (unlikely, but...) thats why i made it RELATIVE to the other batsmen. Other Sehwag supporters - even if u dont agree with my criteria, like shwetabh did, do POST your criteria for success.
Guest HariSampath
soooooo sehwag got picked because of Hari Sampath Hoorrayyy :yay: /sarcasm DUHHHHHHHH :finger:
online....u are a srwd up scumball unwilling to ack genuine effort....I had been for Viru in the side even bfr the 24 was announced... EVERYONE knows I had been advocating his selection even AFTER he was not in the 24...EVERYONE knows what Cheeka had said of Viru in his ICF interview..and also that I had been aggressivey pursuing Sehwag's case with Anil personally etc...for whatever it was worth...obviously Sehwag deserved to be in the 11...and most people knew it...just that I did my bit in pursuing it with ppl with decision making influence...and by God's race Sehwag was really selected againt all odds.... so you prove I was bullshting AND I shall swear I shall never post on ICF again....ok ? v v
online....u are a srwd up scumball unwilling to ack genuine effort....I had been for Viru in the side even bfr the 24 was announced... EVERYONE knows I had been advocating his selection even AFTER he was not in the 24...EVERYONE knows what Cheeka had said of Viru in his ICF interview..and also that I had been aggressivey pursuing Sehwag's case with Anil personally etc...for whatever it was worth...obviously Sehwag deserved to be in the 11...and most people knew it...just that I did my bit in pursuing it with ppl with decision making influence...and by God's race Sehwag was really selected againt all odds.... so you prove I was bullshting AND I shall swear I shall never post on ICF again....ok ?
lol you take stuff wayyy too seriously :D look, we know you pulled out some stats, wrote a good article etc - but unless you are on the selection committee, you are going way overboard by claiming credit for veeru's inclusion Think about it A poster on ICF [ok - a "respected" poster on ICF] influences Indian selectors to pick sehwag for australian tour How practical does that sound? Sorry I dont read Harry Potter or fairy tales :D
Guest HariSampath
Hari Sampath, What response did AK give you on Sehwag? You dont have to give all details if you dont want to, but was it +ve response that AK wanted VS to be in the squad?
There was one email exchange, one sms exchange and one phone call talk ( briefly....after he read my email) ..... I am sorry, I cannot give full detail..pls understand, this is sensitive and publicly debated issue ( maybe I can give gist of what went on... minimum)
Guest HariSampath
lol you take stuff wayyy too seriously :D look, we know you pulled out some stats, wrote a good article etc - but unless you are on the selection committee, you are going way overboard by claiming credit for veeru's inclusion Think about it A poster on ICF [ok - a "respected" poster on ICF] influences Indian selectors to pick sehwag for australian tour How practical does that sound? Sorry I dont read Harry Potter or fairy tales :D
I had been transparent about EVERYTHING I posted, ,...and even doubters have accepted me to be true ( publicly and in pvt too)...

Criterias listed so far: 1. Top 2 or Top 3 bat (as per FL's suggestion) 2. Avg 40 and a good helpful century in 1st inn (shwetabh will be happy with this) 3. Avg 40 and/or atleast as good or better than Jaffer (online will be happy with this) This is great. So atleast we will have something to talk about objectively. Other Sehwag fans/detractors - please post too. Hari Sampath, What would you consider as successful tour for Sehwag? Guju24...post Dada Rocks?

getting India a good start.. getting the better of lee, tait or johnson early.. scoring couple of fifties...70, 80z is fine.. century isn't really a must.. if 70, 80z are coming, we should be happy
ok consistent 50s or 70-80 is fine. however getting 25 in 22 balls and getting out repeatedly around 25-30 is not acceptable no matter strike rate, since runs and batting time are important in TEST cricket... Thanks Tics for ur criteria, others please add too.