Ganguly wants to bat up

apocalypse

There you go' date=' your quintessential sub-continental batsman. The reason he wants to bat up is to get more oppurtunities to score 100s and not because the team would be beneficial. In the past he has "suffered" by not scoring more 100s.
That Sir, is indeed the Ganguly I've known and loved :D
Guest HariSampath

Lets face some truth....even if Saurav has his reasons for timing this statement now...Sachin and Dravid always get first billing, first priority and chance to get big 100s...and Gangs and Laxman have been left behind, even when in sublime form.... true Dada..but keep your voice low

Lets face some truth....even if Saurav has his reasons for timing this statement now...Sachin and Dravid always get first billing' date= first priority and chance to get big 100s...and Gangs and Laxman have been left behind, even when in sublime form.... true Dada..but keep your voice low
So how many times ganguly and laxman were left stranded when they were approaching their century?? how many times they have been not out in an innings..???
So how many times ganguly and laxman were left stranded when they were approaching their century?? how many times they have been not out in an innings..???
still you just cant replace the GOD, sorry they were born and selected for india in wrong decade :hysterical:

Ganguly.. as selfish as you can get. Why...why should this selfish cricketer crop up the debate about his batting order since its damn sure that he has to bat at no.5 for the rest of his career. How on earth is he going to take the no.3 and no.4 posts when a certain Dravid and The God is still playing for Team India? Is it just because he's scored more than 500 runs against the most mediocre bowling side Pakistan has ever had? Sourav realise the fact that you are nowwhere near the pedigree of Dravid or God.. so just play well and help the team to win more matches.Thats what we want from you...

He never said that he should be batting at no.3 or 4 in place of Dravid and Sachin, he simply as DesiChap pointed out, answered the question honestly and said that batting at 5 or 6 means you miss out on the opportunities to make big scores. If you actually read it properly you will see he said this ...

"I have batted lower down the order for a lot of time and Rahul (Dravid) used to bat at number three and Sachin (Tendulkar) came at four. As a result, I had to bat at five or sometimes six and I missed quite a few hundreds because we did not have wicketkeeper-batsmen like Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Dinesh Kaarthick earlier"
So he is saying that now it is ok because they have good wicket-keeper batsman so him and VVS have chances now to get 100s.

hes a very selfish guy. i remember when i went to West Indies and India were on top and in the hotel lobby i would see him walking around in a pissed off manner just because he didnt score runs. On a batting pedigree a guy like VVS should be complaining his middle order average is near 50. but being the gentlemen he is,he doesnt. i consider ganguly to be a very selfish but lucky cricketer, that 239 he scored was so luck.