Aus pitches suit my batting style: Yuvraj Singh

poori_meri

the team management hasnt conveyed the right sort of message to him' date=' vis-a-vis, what they expect him to do.[/quote'] It's blatantly obvious. The batting order has been reshuffled, senior players moved around to accomodate him at 6. A batsman who was among the top batsmen in South Africa and England has been left out. The expectation is very, very clear: GO OUT AND MAKE RUNS. He hasn't.
It's blatantly obvious. The batting order has been reshuffled, senior players moved around to accomodate him at 6. A batsman who was among the top batsmen in South Africa and England has been left out. The expectation is very, very clear: GO OUT AND MAKE RUNS. He hasn't.
The killer blow was his duck in the 2nd innings of Sydney test. Then, EVERY over played was like gold. When the fate of the series was hanging in the balance, Yuvraj failed to turn up. I feel for for this guy, I think the pressure of performance may have got to him. Will be able to EVER exorcise his test ghosts ? Bear in mind, he has played a sum total of 20-odd tests in nearly 8 years of international cricket. Surely, such frequent chopping will have an adverse impact on his confidence, which is precisely the reason why i wanted Yuvraj to have an extended run atleast this time.

Dravid/SRT/SG are soon to become past, VS at best is short term present YUVI is the future and MUST BE PERSISTED WITH He should play both test matches- we have invested so much in him; it will be stupid to waste him now And trust me he will come good

Regardless of this failure in Australia(how often do we tour Australia anyway), Yuvi is a must for home tests and maybe depending on form, should be selected for away tests. We've lost many home bullies because of not adopting a horses for courses policy. The biggest loss IMO was not persisting with Ramesh as an opener for tests in India. Yuvi should not go the same route.

Bear in mind' date=' he has played a sum total of 20-odd tests in nearly 8 years of international cricket. Surely, such frequent chopping will have an adverse impact on his confidence, which is precisely the reason why i wanted Yuvraj to have an extended run atleast this time.[/quote'] 20 odd tests in just over 4 years, actually. His test career began in October 2003. He had a mostly settled run of 12 tests in the 2005/06 and 2006 season, missing just two (one I think he wasn't selected for, the other he wasn't fit for). In the last few of those tests, he had a poor run of scores - either getting out early, or getting set and throwing it away - and was dropped. Can't say that he didn't get a fair shot though, given that he was a regular fixture for the majority of the season.
What a season its been for Yuvraj ! From 20/20 heroics, to success in the one-dayers, then excluded from tests, brought back for the deciding 3rd test match against pak and scoring a series winning 100 and now, this in Aus. How can a batsman, who played arguably the BEST counter-attacking innings in modern Ind cricketing history to propel his team from 60/4 to 600/7 decl, look as though he has NEVER held a bat in his life, just 4 weeks after ? Somewhere, something has gone horribly wrong. Either Yuvraj has succumbed to his own insecurities or, the team management hasnt conveyed the right sort of message to him, vis-a-vis, what they expect him to do.
something other than the absence of M Sami, Kaneria and Arafat?
I agree completely.
i agree too......he should be given a longer run ...why not drop wasim jaffer ? even he had two poor games? why every1 is picking on yuvraj....remember his innings against pak...it was him who bailed ind out of trouble...he will come good ...trust me...if given proper ........................those who want yuvi to be dropped, only 1 ans...:-:finger:
Really?
yes ...they do suit him....remember that stupendous 140 he scored against aus in sydney....yuvraj is not a neil fairbrother or bevan....give him some space guys....if he fails in two series ....not two tests ,,,then you can say that he don't deserve a chance....he can destroy any bowling attack.....his bat will shut every critic :hatsoff:

I can, to an extent speculate on some of the reasons which may have resulted on why Yuvraj has failed so miserably and looked so out of depth. And contrary to popular opinion, its got nothing to do with technique or whether he lacks fight or not. Ask anyone who has played cricket at the highest level for any length of time and they will tell you test cricket is the ultimate true test of the calibre of a player. Succeed in test cricket and you can succeed anywhere, is the common refrain. Yuvi, is probably amongst the top 3 one-day batsman of the world in the last 2 years and was the undoubted star of the 20/20 world cup, with his 6*6 really propelling him into stardom. Still, amongst the players themselves Yuvi didnt command the respect guys like Dravid or Laxman command, even though his achievements over the last 2 years has been nothing short of outstanding. I think Yuvi realized that, even though he is the top-gun of team Ind in ODIs, he will never be respected in players' circles unless he scores runs in the test arena. He himself said that an interview a few months ago. Such being the circumstances, I suppose he put in tremendous mental stress on himself to succeed in this test series and because of that, the fear of failure of just took control of senses, he became hesitant and the end product is there for all to see. I simply refuse to believe that someone who has made international attacks look like second-division class on many days can look so out-of-form just because his "technique is not upto the mark". Technique is the most over-rated term in the world of cricket. I have seen 100s of batsman come, play and go and rarely has anyone dominated world attacks like Yuvraj has done. Is Yuvraj's technique any worse than Sadagopan Ramesh's ? And Ramesh, at one point in his career was averaging in the high 40s, with 100s against many opposition. I will take a half-awake Yuvraj over a fully-fit Ramesh any day in my team. Yuvraj will be our leading batsman in a few years time, he has the potential to become one of our most prolific scorers in test cricket, he just needs some persistence. If he is dropped now, that may be a body blow to his confidence, from which he may never be able to recover from.

that is the most important part of your sentence. p.s he would probably make both the 20/20 and ODI world 11.
What do you mean " probably" ? Quote me 3 batsman who have been won more matches for his team than Yuvraj has done, in the last 2 years, in ODIs.
I can, to an extent speculate on some of the reasons which may have resulted on why Yuvraj has failed so miserably and looked so out of depth. And contrary to popular opinion, its got nothing to do with technique or whether he lacks fight or not. Ask anyone who has played cricket at the highest level for any length of time and they will tell you test cricket is the ultimate true test of the calibre of a player. Succeed in test cricket and you can succeed anywhere, is the common refrain. Yuvi, is probably amongst the top 3 one-day batsman of the world in the last 2 years and was the undoubted star of the 20/20 world cup, with his 6*6 really propelling him into stardom. Still, amongst the players themselves Yuvi didnt command the respect guys like Dravid or Laxman command, even though his achievements over the last 2 years has been nothing short of outstanding. I think Yuvi realized that, even though he is the top-gun of team Ind in ODIs, he will never be respected in players' circles unless he scores runs in the test arena. He himself said that an interview a few months ago. Such being the circumstances, I suppose he put in tremendous mental stress on himself to succeed in this test series and because of that, the fear of failure of just took control of senses, he became hesitant and the end product is there for all to see. I simply refuse to believe that someone who has made international attacks look like second-division class on many days can look so out-of-form just because his "technique is not upto the mark". Technique is the most over-rated term in the world of cricket. I have seen 100s of batsman come, play and go and rarely has anyone dominated world attacks like Yuvraj has done. Is Yuvraj's technique any worse than Sadagopan Ramesh's ? And Ramesh, at one point in his career was averaging in the high 40s, with 100s against many opposition. I will take a half-awake Yuvraj over a fully-fit Ramesh any day in my team. Yuvraj will be our leading batsman in a few years time, he has the potential to become one of our most prolific scorers in test cricket, he just needs some persistence. If he is dropped now, that may be a body blow to his confidence, from which he may never be able to recover from.
i agree with u...if he is dropped now then it will be a big mistake....even the aussie commentators said that ind need to persist with a talent like yuvi...aus have done that with ricky ponting at the early stages of his career....yuvi.....come..on....shut the critics mouths with ur bat:two_thumbs_up: