Distraught Ranadeb Bose slams selector

DesiChap

New Delhi: Fifty-seven wickets in just eight Ranji Trophy games is enviable in every sense of the term. But not managing an India cap even after achieving the feat should be deemed sheer unjustice to Ranadeb Bose. But when one of the selectors from his own East Zone lobby labels him "as slow as Dada (Sourav Ganguly)," it not only means his dreams of wearing the India cap are over, but also that an asset of his quality has been demoralised all the more. The big Bengal bowler was on the plane to England earlier in the year, and was expected to get the nod ahead of many a wayward bowler in that squad for his unmatched accuracy and good seam movement. Though he was overlooked for the four Tests, Bose snared five wickets in the only first-class game he played. The medium-pacer didn't make it to the next Indian team that hosted Pakistan, and subsequently missed the plane to Australia due to the team management's preference for faster bowlers. And, understandably, the bowler lashed out at the cheeky remarks from East Zone selector Ranjib Biswal. "Nobody in his right mind can say that I'm as slow as Sourav," an angry Ranadeb told the Hindustan Times on Thursday. "I have consistently bowled at 132-134 kmph during the Challenger Trophy and it was for everyone to see on TV. Sourav bowls at around 120 and the difference in our pace is significant," he said, adding that Biswal himself was present during Bengal's recently concluded Ranji match against Orissa at Siliguri. "He saw me bowling where the keeper was collecting the ball near his chest. I must say he is a liar if he says I bowl at Sourav's pace," he fumed. Biswal has denied having made the remark since, despite his words having gone on record. Ranadeb, a late bloomer in first-class cricket, but someone who keeps his head firmly on his shoulders, has himself accepted that his chances of making it to the Indian team are over. And the bowler has everything to blame: age, speed (according to Biswal, of course), and the fact that "I don't try to please them by doing things that go beyond performing on the cricket pitch." http://www.cricketnext.com/news/distraught-ranadeb-bose-slams-selector/28333-13.html

New Delhi: Fifty-seven wickets in just eight Ranji Trophy games is enviable in every sense of the term. But not managing an India cap even after achieving the feat should be deemed sheer unjustice to Ranadeb Bose. But when one of the selectors from his own East Zone lobby labels him "as slow as Dada (Sourav Ganguly)," it not only means his dreams of wearing the India cap are over, but also that an asset of his quality has been demoralised all the more. The big Bengal bowler was on the plane to England earlier in the year, and was expected to get the nod ahead of many a wayward bowler in that squad for his unmatched accuracy and good seam movement. Though he was overlooked for the four Tests, Bose snared five wickets in the only first-class game he played. The medium-pacer didn't make it to the next Indian team that hosted Pakistan, and subsequently missed the plane to Australia due to the team management's preference for faster bowlers. And, understandably, the bowler lashed out at the cheeky remarks from East Zone selector Ranjib Biswal. "Nobody in his right mind can say that I'm as slow as Sourav," an angry Ranadeb told the Hindustan Times on Thursday. "I have consistently bowled at 132-134 kmph during the Challenger Trophy and it was for everyone to see on TV. Sourav bowls at around 120 and the difference in our pace is significant," he said, adding that Biswal himself was present during Bengal's recently concluded Ranji match against Orissa at Siliguri. "He saw me bowling where the keeper was collecting the ball near his chest. I must say he is a liar if he says I bowl at Sourav's pace," he fumed. Biswal has denied having made the remark since, despite his words having gone on record. Ranadeb, a late bloomer in first-class cricket, but someone who keeps his head firmly on his shoulders, has himself accepted that his chances of making it to the Indian team are over. And the bowler has everything to blame: age, speed (according to Biswal, of course), and the fact that "I don't try to please them by doing things that go beyond performing on the cricket pitch." http://www.cricketnext.com/news/distraught-ranadeb-bose-slams-selector/28333-13.html
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: He Should have taken few tips from Agarkar...:cantstop::cantstop: He should have elaborated on those "things"
Guest HariSampath

yeah Ranadeb is not bad, he's pretty good among the second string, maybe best among them. Ranjib Biswal is of course a thug and a crook. I remember that season a few years back when he doctored the pitch during an U-19 game to take 6 wkts and his crook dad offered 5 crores to 2 selectors to name Ranjib in the Indian 15 squad.

On line, just curious, I told my boys, idhar udhar nahi hone ka, uski batting close se dekho, [focus on how he is batting] ... you are not going to get a better education in pacing an innings than this," Amol Muzumdar, the Mumbai captain, later told Cricinfo. "He didn't let anything affect him. The match situation, the humid weather, the bowling ... it was a treat to watch him bat." who was the batsman referred in that signature?

Guest HariSampath
Welcome to the Ambati Rayudu club .. Mr Bose ...p.iss of the zonal selector and you can kiss goodbye to any chance of wearing the Indian Cap.
Both Ranadeb Bose and Rayudu have a genuine cause for greivance, but as I know Rayudu very well for some years, his was a case of his own state assocn secretary ( Shivlal Yadav) who was promoting Arjun Yadav and suppressing Rayudu when Rayudu had one bad season after a tremendous first 2 FC seasons. In the case of Bose, Ranjib Biswal happens to be a national selector and unless this changes, Bose has already kissed goodbye to the Indian cap as Biswal is a brazenly crooked and vindictive man, a hardcore politician/goonda/fraud category. It may be noted that people like Agarkar, Gambhir, Munaf and other contracted BCCI players are not talking to press about their non inclusion, only those like Akash Chopra, Bose etc are cribbing. So only "establishment boys"...seem to know the game and are keeping shut, while these "rebels" are shouting loud and probably never be considered again
On line, just curious, I told my boys, idhar udhar nahi hone ka, uski batting close se dekho, [focus on how he is batting] ... you are not going to get a better education in pacing an innings than this," Amol Muzumdar, the Mumbai captain, later told Cricinfo. "He didn't let anything affect him. The match situation, the humid weather, the bowling ... it was a treat to watch him bat." who was the batsman referred in that signature?
Rajan, One of the best of the best India has produced... Ranji Trophy Bombay vs Karnataka a month back was the situation dravid.jpg
Guest HariSampath
Rahul Dravid, when he got 200 in the Ranji game against Mumbai recently
Guest HariSampath
Ranadeb deserved a chance, but this is India....you need to have a lot more patience particularly when selectors are at their babudom best. Let's see how these remarks helps him in getting a chance.
It may have clinched a place for him....in ICL