Akhtar talks

poori_meri

WOW ! Akhtar just confessed, He just exposed the world's worst concealed lie. All along, PCB has maintained that both Asif and Akhtar were left out of the WC from injury, but this is what Akhtar said in the interview, "Yes, Doping was a severe case me........ Yes i Agree, If i had gone to the world cup, they would have put me behind bars.." Like PCB didnt have enough sources embarrassment. His closing statement : " Unfortunately, now we dont have that many match-winners. I feel left alone a bit"... This guy is unbelievable !:haha:

WOW ! Akhtar just confessed, He just exposed the world's worst concealed lie. All along, PCB has maintained that both Asif and Akhtar were left out of the WC from injury, but this is what Akhtar said in the interview, "Yes, Doping was a severe case me........ Yes i Agree, If i had gone to the world cup, they would have put me behind bars.." Like PCB didnt have enough sources embarrassment.
Sriram, the "put me behind bars" comment was in the context of Bob's death & his supposed tussles with him. Akhtar is an incoherent speaker (tho, in this clip he speaks more clearly than he does normally), he can confuse the heck out of people, if they dont listen to him very carefully.

i am not so sure about Taits action. There is definitely some kink in his action, but then there was a similar kink in Darren Goughs action and nobody every questioned him. But i am sure Shoaib chucks, not only that this tainted druggie should not even be playing cricket... PCB hypocrites...

Our game is boring - Akhtar PAKISTAN pace ace & worlds fastest bowler Shoaib Akhtar has taken a swipe at the health of world cricket, saying the Twenty20 format and batting dominance had made the game boring. Speaking to The Sunday Telegraph from Bangalore, the straight-shooting Akhtar said Test cricket had lost its lustre because of the increasing imbalance between bat and ball. A veteran of 46 Tests, the Rawalpindi Express urged the ICC to amend its laws to allow at least three bouncers an over - up from the present two - to help stem the avalanche of runs being scored, which was ruining Test cricket. "Cricket has become so boring,'' he said. "I don't like the regulations in the game. Too many rules. You can't bowl like the days of Bodyline. "The bowlers do not have enough power in the game. We can't bowl as many bouncers as we'd like. People want to see a good fight between bat and ball. This is very important for the health of cricket. "Why can't we give batsmen a hard time? Cricket now belongs to the batsmen. India scored over 600 against us the other day. It's boring. "I see average batsmen getting huge scores and so many guys are getting 6000 and 7000 runs in Tests.'' Akhtar also said Australia's push to groom Michael Clarke as Ricky Ponting's successor was premature. "For me, he still has a lot to prove in the Australian side,'' he said of the 26-year-old New South Welshman. "They keep mentioning him as a future captain but it is nonsense to announce him like this. "To make him captain over Adam Gilchrist in the Twenty20 game, this can irritate the senior players. Adam is entitled to be angry. "There is too much pressure on Clarke. He's having to act like a captain but he's not a captain. What happens if he struggles as a batsman in the next 10 Tests and is dropped, what then? I think Gilchrist deserves more respect.'' And the Pakistani firebrand predicted the ageing Indians would struggle in the tour of Australia and it would be a mistake to pick leg-spinner Brad Hogg at the expense of Shaun Tait. The 32-year-old said Pakistan's recent three-Test series against their old foes, which ended last Wednesday, underscored India's struggles with express pace. India's marquee batsmen - Rahul Dravid (34), Sachin Tendulkar (34), Sourav Ganguly (35) and VVS Laxman (33) - are entering the twilight of their careers. Akhtar said a new-ball combination of Brett Lee and Tait would crush them. "The Australians must pick Shaun Tait. I'm telling you, the Indians will be scared of him,'' he said. "They're not comfortable with pace at all. If the Aussies make nice quick pitches, they will be jumping all over the place.''

The Telegraph is the most rubbish paper in Australia ... notice how the first sentence started with "Pakistani pace ace ..." and had phrases like "A veteran of 46 tests ..." Had this been an article criticising an Aussie player i guarantee you this would start with "Controversial Pakistani paceman ..." , and have phrases such as "Akthar, still playing despite testing positive to the banned substance nandrolone ... ", and "Akthar, who has been cited on numerous occassions for 'chucking' ..."

Tait gets support from Akhtar over action row MELBOURNE, December 16: Shaun Tait fears doubts about the legality of his action may haunt him for some time to come even as he got support from Pakistan speedster Shoaib Akhtar, who said the allegations against the Australian were nonsense. "It's the worst thing any bowler could face. I just hope something like this doesn't hang over me for the rest of my career like it has with (Mutthiah) Muralitharan," Tait said. "I know it's (my action) a bit unique. I tend to turn my wrist very late at the point of delivery, but never at any stage of my career has anyone tried to suggest I chuck. I'm not happy about it at all but I'm not the sort of bloke to lose sleep over it," he was quoted as saying by Sunday Mail . Tait found support from Akhtar, whose own action has been questioned time and again. The Pakistan bowler felt the allegations by the New Zealand team were part of a smear campaign. "My advice is leave Shaun Tait alone. There is no way in the world Tait is a chucker. They (Kiwis) seem to have a problem just because he bowls express pace. The Kiwis tried to do this to me in 2001," Akhtar lashed out in an interview to the Herald Sun . "I had just come back from injury and a certain player - I won't name him - made a complaint about my action. What they are doing to Tait is terrible," he added. Akhtar also urged Australia to go ahead with the tour of Pakistan next March despite security concerns being raised by all-rounder Andrew Symonds. "My message is don't be afraid. We will look after you. Come play some tough cricket and we'll look forward to it," he said. http://cricket.indiatimes.com/Tait_gets_support_from_Akhtar_over_action_row/articleshow/2625930.cms