You heard it here first...

it will be tough series.. toughest series ozzies will play .. we will compete good but winning series will be tough task.. its all about taking 20 wickets.... we need couple of bowlers to raise the bar..
disagree...toughest series Aussies will play in March 2008....when the world will finally see the AAG ignite together.:yay:

This is an old quote i dug out from the last time we toured Australia. The reason why i am putting this one here is, i think the Aussies respect/fear us more than any other team. In the last decade, if i have math right, we have lost 7 matches and won 6 against Aus, which is almost a 50-50 ratio and there has been only one whitewash series in 99. All the other series was VERY closely fought. I think for the first time in a long time, the Aussies may be losing some sleep over their opponents

India toughest rivals: Gilchrist http://www.tribuneindia.com/2004/20040104/sports.htm#4

Sydney, January 3 Australian wicketkeeper Adam Gilchrist today said the on-going four-Test series was the "toughest" he had played at home and rated the Indian middle order as "the best batting line-up in the world". "This is easily the toughest series I have played at home against a visiting team. When we were in India in 2001, I rated it the toughest series abroad I had been involved in. So in a way, India have been tough opponents both at home and abroad," said the talented keeper. India rattled up 366 runs while losing just two wickets today to take complete control of the series deciding fourth cricket Test with a total of 650 for five. "This is easily the best batting line-up in world cricket, probably in many, many years. It is rare when all the batsmen are firing as well as the Indians are doing in this series." V.V.S. Laxman’s strokeplay during his classic 178 left Gilchrist completely stumped for its sheer beauty and timing. "Everytime he plays against us he comes up with something special and the next thing we read after the series is he is dropped! It leaves me completely bewildered." Gilchrist also praised Sachin Tendulkar who cracked a career-best unbeaten 220. "As for Sachin, well he played like Sachin. He was very disciplined on the first day and denied himself which I would say made him appear tentative. But he was in his groove today and played a marvellous innings." Gilchrist said though he had often stood behind the stumps for two days running, those had been in rather happier times when his side had enforced a follow-on. "It is different standing behind the stumps when your team is doing well and quite opposite when nothing is going your way." — PTI ----

and if we win fineleg? then? you'll have to promise to be a little more optimistic :P or will u be disappointed?
shehezaada, if we win a test series in aus vs aus, i will be more optimistic abt our team chances going forward. I will be happy, not disappointed. On the other hand if we get thrashed worse than 0-2, namely 0-3/1-3 or 0-4, i expect u will finally come down to earth as well :D
fineleg is absolutely correct...
Do I take it that silence means shehezaada agrees to the above deal? :dance:
....WE WILL BEAT THE AUSSIES IN THE UPCOMING TEST SERIES! Thats right the aussies will lose against the might of the indians! Our batting will pile on massive runs and captain Kumble will bowl us to victory on 4th and 5th days! I will no doubt get mocked but remeber how many great predictions I have given that have come true! Get ready ladies and gentlemen for one of our greatest ever test series wins! :isalute:
dsr, Are you still around? Just checking.
Guest dada_rocks

I have given up hope unless dravid turns around it's not going to be easy to recover from this defeat.. I hope at least one day gets rained out and gives us opportunity to pick things up in next game

you should win one test but not the series....maybe i am biased but i don't think India has it in their fielding or bowling to win in australia, very difficult to do.... perhaps carrying too many "superstars" who don't meet expectations but you certainly are the best competitors we have...you should be higher on test rankings!