Rohit Sharma Appreciation Squad

Well at home dhoni at 6 with jadeja at 7 maybesomething we can get away with. But dhoni at 6 overseas and jadeja at 7 overseas is too much. Batting will be to weak. I am sure Dhoni will bat at 7 overseas. That means slot opens at 6, which a batsman is needed for i.e Rohit
we need 5 bowlers to take 20 wickets
we need 5 bowlers to take 20 wickets
And we need 6 batsman to score 350 plus (please note dhoni not included as a genuine batsman here, no test tons outside subcontinent is testimony to that) Also please note that we got to test number 1 side and stayed there for yonks with 6 genuine batsman and dhoni as 7.

Rohit has a small hurdle of 19 ODIs to cross before thinking of a test debut. Needs to do well in all the 3 ODI series vs Zim, Aus and then in SA to get a test debut. And yes a couple of 100s will be good as well. The 30s and 40s would be forgotten if he has a lean patch lasting even 3-4 innings in these 20 ODIs. Also will have to grab his chances on the SA A tour. If Rahane does better than him, he will hold onto his test spot irrespective of Rohit's ODI form.

No. Four bowlers are enough overseas. If 4 are not good' date=' 5th cant do much. If 5th was so good, he would have made first 4 itself. No team plays 5 bowlers.[/quote'] most teams have decent all rounder or main bowlers are world class we will play ishant there and spinner so basically we will be playing 2 bowlers :giggle:
Even I have got carried away by Jadeja amd though of dhoni 6 and jadeja at 7 like at home. But lets be honest him at 7 is just to high
Yeah. Even at home, Ashwin and Jadeja can be 2 lone spinners and 2 pacers or 1 pacer and 3 spinners on real turning tracks.
And we need 6 batsman to score 350 plus (please note dhoni not included as a genuine batsman here, no test tons outside subcontinent is testimony to that) Also please note that we got to test number 1 side and stayed there for yonks with 6 genuine batsman and dhoni as 7.
fair enough but same combination got raped in last 2 away series we cannot forget that too how many times did we get 20 wickets ?
most teams have decent all rounder or main bowlers are world class we will play ishant there and spinner so basically we will be playing 2 bowlers :giggle:
If yours bowlers are crap, does matter if you play 4 or 10, it wont make much of a difference.
If yours bowlers are crap' date=' does matter if you play 4 or 10, it wont make much of a difference.[/quote'] i dont trust these green bowlers one of them is gonna have a bad day for sure 5 bowlers will cover everything and guy like umesh can be used to go out and bowl at his best not worrying about 7 over spell tell me which attack will u field if selection power was with u ?
i dont trust these green bowlers one of them is gonna have a bad day for sure 5 bowlers will cover everything and guy like umesh can be used to go out and bowl at his best not worrying about 7 over spell tell me which attack will u field if selection power was with u ?
You dont trust the bowlers so you want more of them. I dont trust the batsman so want more of them!:giggle:
You dont trust the bowlers so you want more of them. I dont trust the batsman so want more of them!:giggle:
thats true :cantstop: i just feel batting wise u need real quality we all know sachin will fail better to drop him and play rohit rather then dropping bowler . 5 bowlers is not insane at all to me with ashwin one of bowler who will be ineffectivem ost of times we have 3 fast bowlers 2 of them will be rookie and one could be ishant or maybe zack will come back frankly they all can be hit and miss we can try to push some young bowler in but there can be another unadkat like incident :winky: i dont know this is bad with batsmen debuting bowler's not selected even now thingsl ook really bad to me :((
thats true :cantstop: i just feel batting wise u need real quality we all know sachin will fail better to drop him and play rohit rather then dropping bowler . 5 bowlers is not insane at all to me with ashwin one of bowler who will be ineffectivem ost of times we have 3 fast bowlers 2 of them will be rookie and one could be ishant or maybe zack will come back frankly they all can be hit and miss we can try to push some young bowler in but there can be another unadkat like incident :winky: i dont know this is bad with batsmen debuting bowler's not selected even now thingsl ook really bad to me :((
If 4 bowlers cant win you, 5th wont too. 5th bowler will always be under bowled and as I said if 5th was so good, he would himself make a place in first 4. He is poor or not suited to conditions that is why he is 5th. Pick your best 4 bowlers and hope for the best.