Do Indian dentists (in India) stress on people to floss regularly?

fineleg

btw... to all the resident dentists... does gargling with mouth wash substitute for flossing? i am a bit of a bumbling idiot but a clean freak... so i brush twice to thrice a day and rinse my mouth with mouthwash atleast once in the morning and once in the evening... the only reason i dont floss is well i end up not doing it right and start bleeding from the gums. so do tell.

btw... to all the resident dentists... does gargling with mouth wash substitute for flossing? i am a bit of a bumbling idiot but a clean freak... so i brush twice to thrice a day and rinse my mouth with mouthwash atleast once in the morning and once in the evening... the only reason i dont floss is well i end up not doing it right and start bleeding from the gums. so do tell.
Not a dentist, but while u wait for Aditi to check with her dad... AFAIK, Gargling w/ m.wash is not even a close substitute. So, short answer, No.

I've never flossed in my life (despite the fact that my dad is a dentist) and last time I checked' date=' I'm still alive.[/quote'] Aditi, could you ask your dad, if we are suppose to floss each of the 32 teeth. I just do the front one. Too lazy to get around the ones at the back.

Aditi' date=' could you ask your dad, if we are suppose to floss each of the 32 teeth. I just do the front one. Too lazy to get around the ones at the back.[/quote'] Ludhianvi, Easy question to answer - Yes. Infact the back of the 32nd teeth as well. As I've said before I'm lazy too (arent we all lazy bums in ICF :D ), so does not mean that I do all of that regularly which is why I get lectured on it. But, answer to your question is yes.

I floss every other day. I floss each and every gap thoroughly. Brushing does not even touch some of the food bits that get stuck in the gaps. I advice all of you to floss regularly.
Lafanga, Do you use waxed or non-waxed? Apparently non-waxed is the best it seems. I talked to a few dentists who told me this. Non-waxed gets the maximum particles out, though bit difficult to use. However, for some folks, non-waxed is difficult, so its ok to use waxed it seems. Nylon?

Lafanga, Do you use waxed or non-waxed? Apparently non-waxed is the best it seems. I talked to a few dentists who told me this. Non-waxed gets the maximum particles out, though bit difficult to use. However, for some folks, non-waxed is difficult, so its ok to use waxed it seems. Nylon?
I use non waxed ones. I tried waxed one (with some fragrance thing on it) and found it difficult to use. It was very fibery as well and got stuck in the gaps all the time. Loot at this image and you will see that the thread is very fat and soft. I hate ones like that. I like simple thin nylon ones with maybe fluoride coating :D

Guest dada_rocks
You can say that again, it turned me into a hypochondriac after seeing blemishes on my back I was convinced that I have a big illness including HIV, when the Doc advised against this web research. He showed be an article where this goggling can cause stress for no reason and people actually try to become doctors themselves I actually took an HIV test, it was negative and even the biggest lump on your body never confirms anything without a test Assumption is a big mistake, although I am a big fan of flossing ..but when u look at ur folks who are still alive and healthy never took any multi-vitamin, flossed or were conscious of products the way we are today
By the way rajeev bhai koi possibility hai hone ka HIV kya :hysterical::hysterical:

Guest dada_rocks

Was watching old tapes of MArk Tully interview ... This guy for sure needs dentist appointment asap has got dark yellow teeth..

Does anyone here use an electric toothbrush? which one? Any reviews? I usually use a manual one in the morning, and an electric one at nite. oral b 3d Excel - quite good so far. 31YX3F53N8L._AA280_.jpg
What is with everyone posting images of dildo look alike stuff on this forum? :hysterical: First DR with his nose dildo and now you with your mouth one :haha: I use a normal one (toothbrush not dildo). If you use normal toothbrush properly then there is no need for electric shelectric stuff. Lazy the lot of you:hatsoff:

What is with everyone posting images of dildo look alike stuff on this forum? :hysterical: First DR with his nose dildo and now you with your mouth one :haha: I use a normal one (toothbrush not dildo). If you use normal toothbrush properly then there is no need for electric shelectric stuff. Lazy the lot of you:hatsoff:
...I used to feel the same but it does make a difference