How huge has Kumble been to Indian bowling over last many years !?

fineleg

How huge has he been ? Simply massive. Let alone the last decade, he has been India's greatest match-winner EVER full stop. From being dropped from the team for " not being to able to spin the ball" to now actually outnumbering the wickets taken by the world's most prodigious turner of the ball in an entire series, in a single innings is just nothing short of stuff of legends. Kumble is a Hall-of-Famer, every sinew of him

Whats it gonna mean to our bowling after Kumble retires?
I seriously was pondering about this question and I was unable to answer myself "we will be fine". He has made a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE impact (no i am not exaggerating) in our bowling line-up esp. in Tests.

(excluding today's performance) Kumble vs Aus (home/away) 14 matches 88 wickets @27.17 Overall Kumble in matches won 41 out of 121 matches played 279 out of 584 @ 18.41 Kumble in matches drawn 52 / 121 200/584 @36.34 Kumble in matches lost 28/121 105/584 @41.25 We have only LOST 28 times in 121 games in which Kumble has featured in our bowling line up.So I guess it is sane to say that Kumble has been our shield in Test matches which has helped us either take a guard behind him (in games Drawn) or use him as our weapon (in games Won). You are a shear genius Kumble bhai :two_thumbs_up:

can we conclude his contribution to indian bowling with this: "Anil Kumble has been to indian bowling what Sachin has been to Indian batting for the last 17 years".
Yes indeed, although there are many "experts" who'd play with numbers and their fertile mind to discount runs scored by SRT. In any case, Jumbo has been the truly ONE consistent performer for quality bowler deprived Ind lineups.

Great work with the stats guys... I bet if Srinath had half the determination that Kumble has, we would have won a lot more matches that were drawn or lost during Kumble era. While not denying that Srinath was a very good bowler in terms of skills, he was way too negative and it was this negative attitude that cost us more. But anyway, Kumble has been one of the best performers over the years and our sole matchwinner in the bowling department. Take a bow Kumble...