Nervous 1st Innings by India so far. Can we pick it up from here on?

fineleg

Blue brigade, Umpires too. Our bad batting + umpires. You cannot give LBW to MSD when there is enough doubt there. This is inconsistent umpiring.
One brave but correct decision is what you put half the blame on for our poor batting performance? Come on! That's just weak. Dhoni's ball looked pretty plumb LIVE and Hawk Eye showed it to be hitting the stumps. What would you want the umpire to do? Also, how is it inconsistent umpiring? All appeals when India was bowling went India's way when Hawk Eye showed the ball hitting the stumps. If anything the umpires have been very consistent in both innings thus far. All credit to Australia's splendid bowling and Dravid's appalling batting for our low score.
Guest HariSampath
Too much time left in the match. This is only 2nd day. Result is 100% sure. And we all know who's gonna win now! Thanks to poor batting + umpires as well.
well I say India will win.. if you are 100% sure we lose, wanna bet finey ?:D
Guest HariSampath
One brave but correct decision is what you put half the blame on for our poor batting performance? Come on! That's just weak. Dhoni's ball looked pretty plumb LIVE and Hawk Eye showed it to be hitting the stumps. What would you want the umpire to do? Also, how is it inconsistent umpiring? All appeals when India was bowling went India's way when Hawk Eye showed the ball hitting the stumps. If anything the umpires have been very consistent in both innings thus far. All credit to Australia's splendid bowling and Dravid's appalling batting for our low score.
spot on houmac....*clap*..:two_thumbs_up:

As much as i hate to say it, only a miracle ( rain, Tsunami etc) can save us from here on. Aus will bat the whole of tomorrow and even if they score at 3 RPO, they will get 270 and a lead of 450. At worst, they score even faster and lose lesser no. of wickets. All our inadequacies will be exposed tomorrow, the bowling, the fielding, all of 'em. All of Aus strengths will come to fore tomorrow.

As much as i hate to say it' date=' only a miracle ( rain, Tsunami etc) can save us from here on. Aus will bat the whole of tomorrow and even if they score at 3 RPO, they will get 270 and a lead of 450. At worst, they score even faster and lose lesser no. of wickets. All our inadequacies will be exposed tomorrow, the bowling, the fielding, all of 'em. All of Aus strengths will come to fore tomorrow.
Spot on. I fully agree. The difference between MM and finey is that I may have said this at lunch day-2 (i didnt say it, becos this above coming from me, would have had icf-ers running to raise optimism etc). MM waited till end of day2 to say this. Thats all. Simple :D

This was expected, Indians are slow starters...In England we had disatrous first test and manage to draw it and from there never looked back as far as batting was concerned. Dravid needs to rotate the strike..nobody expects him to score run a ball, but if you look at Aakash Chopra's innings last time around, he ran well with Sehwag, they took plenty of singles.. There is still nothing in the pitch, however if you bowl straight and offer no room, its hard to score.

Spot on. I fully agree. The difference between MM and finey is that I may have said this at lunch day-2 (i didnt say it, becos this above coming from me, would have had icf-ers running to raise optimism etc). MM waited till end of day2 to say this. Thats all. Simple :D
Something i would like to point out, If Finey had said this on lunch on day 2, that would be just unadulterated negative/pessimistic thinking coz we had lost just 2 wickets then. People are justified in raising the red-flag when something like that is said at that point of time. But If MM or any other posters comes and says NOW ( at the end of day 2, when Aus lead by 180 runs with 3 days left), most people will accept that because, indeed, from now on, only a miracle can save us !
Blue brigade, Umpires too. Our bad batting + umpires. You cannot give LBW to MSD when there is enough doubt there. This is inconsistent umpiring.
You blokes will never be number one in the world if you keep blaming the umpires. You whinge and whine and moan, but it doesn't help you. So get over it and as Mark "Chopper" Read would say "Harden the fcuk up!" Christ Almighty it's the end of the second day and the umpires are going to be the whipping boys for your own teams inadequacies for the entire series.