Indians hit by racist chants on Boxing Day Test day 2

Desi Cartman

racism is everywheere..... indians in india think whites are so dumb tht they can take em for a ride easily... whites abroad think indians are very unpolished and crude.... but u put them together for a while and they act normal and become friends... i wouldnt read much into this as much as i didnt read much into Symond's monkey taunts....infact, tht was deserved cos he had no business to come to someone's country and say his blood boiled on seeing the way tht countries cricketers were treated like heroes....

Sandro, I have no problem with recognising the nationality of someone or even a group of people by their accent. One doesn't need to be able to 'type pages after pages of stuff in one post' to be able to do this. However, no matter how much your Bosnian, Icelandic, Afghan or Canadian mates parrot Pommy slang, Aussies would not and do not use the phrase, 'sod off'.

Guest HariSampath
Mate' date=' i've been around the world enough, seen people enough to know that as far as English goes, everyone uses the standard slang lingos everywhere. [b']My Bosnian friend uses 'Sod off pal or get blagged' lingo all the time. Just an example. Yes, the aussies dont use Sod off as much and an American doesnt use 'mate' as much- but if you wanna suggest that they wern't Aussies simply coz of the lingo you used, give it up already. Fact is, those types of lingos are used by EVERY English speaker some time or other- its all about frequency. Besides, Aussie accent is pretty flipping hard to misjudge and Aussie tourists, atleast here in Vancouver, stick out like sore thumbs in their get-ups when partying/attending public events like sports or concerts. Yes, Sod-off is a Pom expression but i am too well travelled to know that it isn't something ONLY the English use and that the Aussies NEVER use it. To make a long story short- you can use total Yorkie lingo but your Aussie accent will still give you away to me. Not a very hard thing to do for someone who's grown up moving around the world and discerning accents of 438904023 different English speakers from practically every corner of the globe.
I am sure he does...as would other friends of yours all over the world...which is probably why you are traveling all over :D...I see others on this board had given you pretty much the same advice.

..not racist but a dirty taunt certainly, don't tell me you will sit tight and just laugh it off In any case, Aussie citizens don't have the right ( atleast what I think ) to ask for residency status
Dya really think theyd want to?:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Guest HariSampath
Not a very hard thing to do for someone who's grown up moving around the world and discerning accents of 438904023 different English speakers from practically every corner of the globe.
438904023 times you have been asked to sod off, all over the world..geesh, you still don't get it ??:eyedance:

Guest HariSampath

what about Eskimos slang CC... do they use "sod off"...and if they don't, what do they tell you when you walk into their igloo :D

I think its pretty important to know how to get back at rowdy Aussies when they tick you off...don't you ? My narrative was just one of the many ways of dealing with yobs from down under.
No. 'Getting back' is a juvenile concept. Your 'dealing with yobs' from wherever indicates nothing more than you descending to their level.

those people making those comments are idiots, just as there are idiots in any country, including india.....it wasn't too long ago that a certain aussie player was taunted with "monkey" chants and also saw people imitating monkey's in the grandstand which myself and several friends found disgusting also.... racism wherever it is, should not happen..... so for people on this site to criticise australia as a whole is like writing off india because it had/has a caste system....absolute bullsh*t in otherwords... oh, sod off would never be used by an aussie, too pommy sounding and most of us like taking the piss out of them too much to adopt their expressions.... cc, your friend in brisbane is an idiot.....you sound a little defensive too, maybe it's time to get out of the cold weather perhaps?

those people making those comments are idiots, just as there are idiots in any country, including india.....it wasn't too long ago that a certain aussie player was taunted with "monkey" chants and also saw people imitating monkey's in the grandstand which myself and several friends found disgusting also.... racism wherever it is, should not happen.....
Monkey chant wasnt right either.. it at least got noticed but when a drunk fan calls u a coolie on ur face there are no cameras to record it. I am not saying that all Aussies or Indians are racist, they arent only some are.

feel free to say something in hindi back to them.....most aussie's only speak english ( some of us not too well at that :haha: ) so anyone calling you that wouldn't understand you are calling them the son of a goat, whore, etc people like that deserve what they get/are called.....i have been a member of the SCG for last 15 years so we don't get any of that behaviour were i sit but i am sure it goes on there/everywhere but should not be tolerated......this year CA will be ejecting anyone being racist and can now give life bans.....about time

Guest HariSampath

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread...a few Aussies chanting racist stuff don't make all Aussies racist...just like a few monkey chants at Symmo doesn't make all Indians racist. To get the Aussies to shut up, just call out some nasty stuff if you cant take their chant...such weak Aussie bullies would certainly back off....but for Gods sake don't make it an issue with the media etc. Even Symmonds said in India that he received so many calls in his hotel from Indians assuring him warmly that they had nothing against him and liked him, apologising for the behavior of certain fans.

No, there is nothing juvenile with dealing with a problem. And yes, sometimes you have to descend to the level of pigs to make the pigs behave-then everyone is happy- you and the pig. And it is only the haughty and the ignorant who'd consider it a personal loss to get a bit of muck on themselves for the bigger picture.
-> Hinduism
... nodding and bearing it, thus doing nothing to prevent its spread.
-> Budhism :P