Narendra Modi sly skirting the issue of Godhra with Karan

fineleg

New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi walked out of an exclusive interview with Karan Thapar on CNN-IBN's Devil's Advocate because he was questioned about Godhra. Narendra Modi walked out of the interview less than five minutes after it started in Gandhinagar on Friday. Here's an excerpt from the interview. Karan Thapar: Hello and Welcome to Devil's Advocate. Does the Chief Minister of Gujarat have an image problem and can he win another election and become the Chief Minister again? Those are the two key issues I shall explore today in an exclusive interview with the Chief Minister himself Narendra Modi. Mr Narendra Modi lets start by talking about you. In the six years that you have been the Chief Minister of Gujarat Rajeev Gandhi foundation has declared Gujarat to be the best administered state. India today on the two separate ocassions declared that you are the most efficient Chief Minister and despite that people still call you, to your face, a mass murderer. And they accuse you of being prejudiced against Muslims? Do you have an image problem? Narendra Modi: I think it's not proper to say that people. There are two or three persons who talk in this terminology and I always say God bless them. Karan Thapar:You are saying this is the conspiracy of two or three persons only. Narendra Modi: I have not said so. Karan Thapar: But you are saying its only two or three people. Narendra Modi: This is the information I have. It's the people's voice. Karan Thapar: Can I point out to you that in September 2003 the Supreme Court said that they had lost faith in the Gujarat government. In April 2004 the Chief Justice of Supreme Court said that you were like a modern day Nero who looks the other side when helpless children and innocent women are burned. The Supreme Court seems to have a problem with you. Narendra Modi: Karan, I have a small request to make. Please go through the Supreme Court judgement. If there is anything in writing, I'll be happy to know everything. Karan Thapar: There was nothing in writing you are right. It was an observation. Narendra Modi: if it is in judgement then I'll be happy to give you the answer. Karan Thapar: But do you mean a criticism by the Chief Justice in court doesn't matter? Narendra Modi: It's a simple request. Please go through the court judgement. Hand out the sentence you are quoting and let the people know it. Karan Thapar: Okay. It wasn't just an open comment made by the Chief Justice. In August 2004, the Supreme Court reopened 2100 cases out of a total of 4600 -- almost 40 per cent -- and they did so because they believed that justice hadn't happened in Gujarat. Narendra Modi: I'll be happy. Ultimately the court of law will take the judgement. Karan Thapar: But isn’t this the reason that despite the fact India today called you the best Chief Minister, Rajeev Gandhi foundation said Gujarat is the best administered state, people say Modi is prejudiced against the Muslims. This is why I ask you do you have an image problem? Narendra Modi: Actually I have not spent a single minute on my image and that can also be a reason. I am busy with my work. I am committed to Gujarat. I am dedicated to Gujarat. I never talk about my image. I never spent a single minute for my image and therefore confusions may be there. Karan Thapar: I'll tell you what the problem is. Even five years after the Gujarat killings of 2002 the ghost of Gujarat still haunts you. why have you not done more to allay that ghost? Narendra Modi: This I gave it to the media persons like Karan Thapar. Let them enjoy. Karan Thapar: Can I suggest something to you? Narendra Modi: I have no problem. Karan Thapar: Why can't you say that you regret the killings that happened. Why can't you say may be the government should have done more to protect them? Narendra Modi: What I had to say I have said at that time and you can find out my statements. Karan Thapar: Just say it again. Narendra Modi: Not necessary. I have to talk about in 2007 everything you want to talk about. Karan Thapar: But by not saying it again, by not letting people hear the message repeatedly you are allowing an image contrary to Gujarat to continue. It's in your hands to change it. Narendra Modi: I'll have to rest. I need some water. Karan Thapar: Pani. Narendra Modi: Dosti bani rahe, bass. I'll be happy. You came here. I am happy and thankful to you. I can't do this interview. It's okay, your things are. Apne ideas hain aap bolte rahiye aap karte rahiye. Three - four questions I've already enjoyed. Nahin please. Karan Thapar: But Modi Sahab Narendra Modi: Nahi please, Karan. Karan Thapar:But Modi Sahab Narendra Modi: Karan dekho main dostana sambhand rakhna chahta hoon, aap usko koshish kariye. Karan Thapar: Mujhe ek cheez samjhayee sir. I am not talking about doing anything wrong. I am saying why can't you correct your image? Narendra Modi: This is not the time. Uske liye aap mujhe 2002 mein mile hote, 2003 mein mile hote. Mein sab kar leta.

Jesus ! Fineleg ' date=' Now that their is a separate sub forum , DR has every right to create as many Modi threads as he wishes... Why does that bother you ?[/quote'] Did I prevent DR from creating 1000 threads? No. He can create whatever he wants. I am only posting as well.

Guest dada_rocks

Karan Thapar: But isn’t this the reason that despite the fact India today called you the best Chief Minister, Rajeev Gandhi foundation said Gujarat is the best administered state, people say Modi is prejudiced against the Muslims. This is why I ask you do you have an image problem? Narendra Modi: Actually I have not spent a single minute on my image and that can also be a reason. I am busy with my work. I am committed to Gujarat. I am dedicated to Gujarat. I never talk about my image. I never spent a single minute for my image and therefore confusions may be there. This one needs emphasis PS: Narendra MOdi has not taken even single day leave either in 6 years:two_thumbs_up:

Guest dada_rocks

Karan Thapar: Mujhe ek cheez samjhayee sir. I am not talking about doing anything wrong. I am saying why can't you correct your image? Narendra Modi: This is not the time. Uske liye aap mujhe 2002 mein mile hote, 2003 mein mile hote. Mein sab kar leta. :two_thumbs_up:

Guest dada_rocks
Only when the criminal is Modi/BJP' date=' Sriram. Don't you see these Hindutva nutcases pronounce Rajeev Gandhi and Congress guilty without any convictions.[/quote'] Psec nutcase have awarded him Bharat-ratna despite the fact that unlike Modi he completely stopped his police and army which was just sititng next door and saw that not even a single bulelt gets fired not even single rioter gets killed that in capital. can;t even give the alibi that army cud not reach in time bloody drivign from cantonment to barakhambha road hardly takes 10 minutes . By contrast Modi not only called army but even his own state police killed 100's of rioters.. So if anyone cud be recepient of benfit of doubt it has to be Modi not Rajeev gandhi.. But psec pests will do exactly the opposite award the obviously culpable ones bharat-ratna and call the other mass-murderers.. If u can't see this obvious inconsistency in stand well then u are hopeless case..

Guest dada_rocks
^ You guys just keep forgetting one fundemental truth.. No convcition != No crime
I have told it in past will say it again. I am the most sceptical ones and give benfit of doubt even when conviction happens becasue I have seen first hand how judicial system and law and order machinery works. But this is for normal rank and file in case of politicians I have different ruel. I know it's hard to get them convicted eventually i.e higher courts lower courts might give decision against them but upper court for some weird reason lets them go ..so I judge them based on the existnace of court cases and lower court decisions.. Forget bloody conviction there has to be enough evidence for the has to go to the court first .. right now u are senselessly talking:You talk sounds as ridiculous as me saying MM has not bene convicted for rape and murder. People will ask what conviction which case . I hope u get the drift. conviction question doesn;t even arise we will entratin thsi when some case comes to the court. Right now u are talking in vacuum.

I have told it in past will say it again. I am the most sceptical ones and give benfit of doubt even when conviction happens becasue I have seen first hand how judicial system and law and order machinery works. But this is for normal rank and file in case of politicians I have different ruel. I know it's hard to get them convicted eventually i.e higher courts lower courts might give decision against them but upper court for some weird reason lets them go ..so I judge them based on the existnace of court cases and lower court decisions.. Forget bloody conviction there has to be enough evidence for the has to go to the court first .. right now u are senselessly talking:You talk sounds as ridiculous as me saying MM has not bene convicted for rape and murder. People will ask what conviction which case . I hope u get the drift. conviction question doesn;t even arise we will entratin thsi when some case comes to the court. Right now u are talking in vacuum.
I dont give a foot to what the courts say... If a war criminal as big as George Bush can roam around freely, who can stop Narendra Modi.. Again, dont try to sell this " no evidence, no cases" ****... The truth is there for all to see.

Guest dada_rocks
For one rare occasion in the history of our nation' date=' the Chief Justice of India has openly said that he " has lost faith in gujrat govt"... Any other CM would have resigned in shame....[/quote'] Hyperbolic nonesense I would say.. every year thousands of cases get transferred from one state jurisdiction to other state or centre due to lack of confidence reason... Going by your edict every month some Cm sud be resinging .. This drama that judges have started for lecturing instead of judging is new ,judiciary after all is not without poitics so if u want to judge them judge on the basis of what they write in their verdict.. their personal opinion is as worthless as anybody else's Doodh ke dhule nahin hain wo do u want me to take u through their behaviour during emergency or their behaviour in bofors cases and how that judge gets out of turn promotion for letting rajeev gandhi the original mass-murderer off the hook in bofors case.. They ain't god whence their perosnal opnion remain as worthless as anone else's their real worth is their ability to use constitutional norm in judging a case and gving verdict..

Hyperbolic nonesense I would say.. every year thousands of cases get transferred from one state jurisdiction to other state or centre due to lack of confidence reason... Going by your edict every month some Cm sud be resinging .. This drama that judges have started for lecturing instead of judging is new ' date='judiciary after all is not without poitics so if u want to judge them judge on the basis of what they write in their verdict..[b'] their personal opinion is as worthless as anybody else's Doodh ke dhule nahin hain wo do u want me to take u through their behaviour during emergency or their behaviour in bofors cases and how that judge gets out of turn promotion for letting rajeev gandhi the original mass-murderer off the hook in bofors case.. They ain't god whence their perosnal opnion remain as worthless as anone else's their real worth is their ability to use constitutional norm in judging a case and gving verdict..
So says of DR, of none other than the Chief Justice of India ! Dude, do you even think before you type ?

Guest dada_rocks
I dont give a foot to what the courts say... If a war criminal as big as George Bush can roam around freely, who can stop Narendra Modi.. Again, dont try to sell this " no evidence, no cases" ****... The truth is there for all to see.
IF it all comes down to personal opnion then I have no problem.. War-criminal.. heck wud u like Indira Gandhi to be hanged any nation which has fought war their heads turn war criminals by that logic.. I would not have complained had you guys bene consistent in your emotional outppouring viz a viz your concern of human life. In fact would have put u on pedestal of Mahtam Gandhi. But the problme is you guys are very selective in ur emotional outpouring for human life. Just see how prickly have certain individuals got over my exposee of Rajeev gandhi. For anyone who is concerned about human-life Rajeev gandhi being called mass-murderer sud not have been matter of concern given his track recod in 1984, but same human-right messiha are uncofortable over this. So accept it u guys are not some saint concerned for human life u are basically a congrssi bunch hiding behind that conern for human life drama if and when it;s convenient. So take off the burqua and then speak.. this nauseating selective concern for human-life is sickening to say the least.. I harbour no such fake concern : I fully subscribe to the dictum that $hit begets $hit. You can give people benefit of doubt once but second time if u extend the same courtesy u are well and truly farked.