Did you guys walk ? I'm curious now

living

Guest HariSampath

^..oh, that was just a response to what I generally think of not walking, and I think I replied to that message because you had changed your position sometime in course of your playing time. btw...read down that thread and I have some very good cricket reasons for walking

Guest HariSampath
Look..there are very pracical cricketing reasons too, just ignore the morality for a fleeting moment as you seem to be no great fan of honesty...Take Gilly's case.. a worldwide well known walking crusader. In case in some game Gilly is really close to edging and there is a small noise too, and the bat had hit the pad say, and if Gilly stands, he will have credibility with umpires and small margins of doubts will make international umpires to ruloe correctly in Gilly's favor bcos of his well known reputation as a walker. So in the long term scheme of things , not taking bad decisions alone, but more practically very many doubtful situations too, Gilly will gain gibtime and run a low risk of a bad decision going against him , as long as he is honest and known to be a walker. But the moment International umpires know that "this fellow X, Y or Z, is known to stand his ground even if he knows he hit the ball, "...the long term probablities act against such a player for being ruled out by umpires in different parts of the world when genuinely notout too....get it ??? Add to this the number of the non walking decisions like LBWs where batsmen routinely hold up a bat to show the had bat on ball.... known honest cricketers get benefit of being believed, and known "non walkers" will be ignored even if they had bat on ball and indicate to umpires that, or sometimes indicate the ball rubbing shirt sleeves or arm guard on the way behind. From all points, what I say makes plain smartness, as well as being straightforward.... and I have not even gone into cricketing pride issues and other "moral" issues..... CLEAR ??
see the above old post from that thread...which is why I think walking makes cricketing sense too
^..oh' date=' that was just a response to what I generally think of not walking, and I think I replied to that message because you had changed your position sometime in course of your playing time. btw...read down that thread and I have some very good cricket reasons for walking[/quote'] Thanks mate. :regular_smile:
Guest HariSampath

Of course another cricketing ploy I used was, whenever my opening partner got a snorter of a cdecision and walked away swearing, I used to comment within the umpire's hearing at the non striker's end..."that was plumb, why the hell is he whining"...bcos, my side had lost a wkt anyway and I wouldn't want the umpire to give me one...and of course as a captain I had to ensure I kept the umpire happy esp if we were gonna field second :-)

Of course another cricketing ploy I used was' date=' whenever my opening partner got a snorter of a cdecision and walked away swearing, I used to comment within the umpire's hearing at the non striker's end..."that was plumb, why the hell is he whining"...bcos, my side had lost a wkt anyway and I wouldn't want the umpire to give me one...and of course as a captain I had to ensure I kept the umpire happy esp if we were gonna field second :-)[/quote'] lol we all have our lil tricks to get the umpires on our sides we really need to because in club cricket, when your batting second ur likely to get given out very easily because the umpires just wanna get inside for a pint of beer
lol we all have our lil tricks to get the umpires on our sides we really need to because in club cricket, when your batting second ur likely to get given out very easily because the umpires just wanna get inside for a pint of beer
lol that's so true!!!