If not for Umpires, we cud have gotten Aus for 225, and we'll be in strong pos. to win SCG test

arkay

In 2007, Ponting gets not out for a delivery that he edged and was caught behind. Talk about ironic. And you hear it evens out. Yeah. Tendulkar was wrongfully given out last time. Ponting was let go. Things evened out. Did nt it?
It hasn't? Oh well there is still time for it to even out as long as cricket will be played, so how can you argue with the perfect logic.

The way India bowled today, we'd have been on top with most other teams Not so with Aus! They have scored 360 and counting!!! Close to 400 on day-1 is ridiculous. I think India is a reasonably good bowling unit, and anyother team would have been under tremendous pressure and may have capitulated. But Aus have mauled us, considering they were 134-6! this is terrifying! Maybe all teams other than Aus can match each other, but most teams get totally mauled and destroyed when they play Aus. This is too one sided and boring, that no matter we put in great effort we cannot overhaul the Aus! Non-Aus team vs Non-Aus team (such as Ind vs WI, Pak vs SL etc) are more interesting becos they are evenly matched, and all teams make a certain amount of mistakes. Aus rarely screw up.

Not so with Aus! They have scored 360 and counting!!! Close to 400 on day-1 is ridiculous. I think India is a reasonably good bowling unit, and anyother team would have been under tremendous pressure and may have capitulated. But Aus have mauled us, considering they were 134-6! this is terrifying! Maybe all teams other than Aus can match each other, but most teams get totally mauled and destroyed when they play Aus. This is too one sided and boring, that no matter we put in great effort we cannot overhaul the Aus!
Let me guess, you just woke up didn't you? Was it just sleep or some inhalation too?
so did you watch the match or not? If a batsman is not given out once he is actually out the morale of the team will just get DUMPED.
i have a separate thread where i've been shouting abt the umpiring. umpiring was horrible. But 400 runs on day 1 is still shocking even if they had been 134-3. But 400 in one day from 134-6 is doubly shocking, ain't it?

basically u want to say games not involving aus are more entertaining.. why don't u just straight away say that.. instead of adding the other crap.. we lost our way, any team would have lost after getting denied wickets which we deserved... woh pen chor, players appeal pe appeal kar rahe hai, umpire khada ha andhe ke tarah than thatz aint our fault..

i have a separate thread where i've been shouting abt the umpiring. umpiring was horrible. But 400 runs on day 1 is still shocking even if they had been 134-3. But 400 in one day from 134-6 is doubly shocking, ain't it?
Why? When you know you can't get out any way or form, you can do anything you like with the demoralized bowling.
basically u want to say games not involving aus are more entertaining.. why don't u just straight away say that.. instead of adding the other crap.. we lost our way, any team would have lost after getting denied wickets which we deserved... woh pen chor, players appeal pe appeal kar rahe hai, umpire khada ha andhe ke tarah than thatz aint our fault..
Tics, I do agree umpiring is horrible, cant deny that. All I'm saying is Aus not just gets back, but gets back big into matches even after being on the ropes. And it is getting virtually impossible to dislodge batsman #1 (not today specifically, in general) or batsman #8, every darn guy is capable of making big contributions. Yes, matches between non-Aus teams are more evenly matched and more interesting becos either one can win, unlike vs Aus where one team wins Test matches.
Tics, I do agree umpiring is horrible, cant deny that. All I'm saying is Aus not just gets back, but gets back big into matches even after being on the ropes. And it is getting virtually impossible to dislodge batsman #1 (not today specifically, in general) or batsman #8, every darn guy is capable of making big contributions. Yes, matches between non-Aus teams are more evenly matched and more interesting becos either one can win, unlike vs Aus where one team wins Test matches.
They're just too good. Every other team seems to be clueless against them.

fineleg, i think u have created this thread a bit too early.. aus offcourse are in a situation in which they have recovered well.. but i am not sure u know that they are as of now just 370-7.. not a very great score.. offcourse good score on day 1, but with 7 down, they might be bowled out in another 40 runs may be.. 415- is nothing really to be frank..