Why am I so retarded ? Plz help me

fineleg

Guest HariSampath

I don't think this could be called selfish or for the sake of being notout. Look at it the other way..if Sachin had slogged after Bhaji's dismissal , and succeeded in getting a couple of boundaries and got out, we might have just managed a lead of 20 runs. As it turned out we managed 69, but of course more enterprise from Sachin could have got us to a 100 lead. The position we are in in mostly due to the very good batting by tail ( after Bhaji), no one could have blamed RP and Ishant if they had lasted 2 balls. Sachin did NOT make allowance for this, and for a batsman playing with 140, this is very ordinary batting at the end after a fantastic 100

Well i have no idea what a batsman trying to expose a number 11 to the pace of Lee and the trying himslef to face a spinner . What was he trying to achieve there ? Ofcourse a ''not out'' enhances one 's averages . And people like Hari Sampath will bring those ''stats '' for comparisons ,in that way .Tendulkar is perfect .His stats matters .Sharma's not . For me he is not a God ,just another human being .

the way field was set for sachin ...it was comparatively easier for tailenders to go for big shots....not to mention it allowed tailenders to play their natural game rather than defending 2 balls and getting out the third one.....kudos to lord sachin for remaining rock solid at one end.:two_thumbs_up:

Well i have no idea what a batsman trying to expose a number 11 to the pace of Lee and the trying himslef to face a spinner . What was he trying to achieve there ? Ofcourse a ''not out'' enhances one 's averages . And people like Hari Sampath will bring those ''stats '' for comparisons ,in that way .Tendulkar is perfect .His stats matters .Sharma's not . For me he is not a God ,just another human being .
you think ponting didnt knw this....he was expecting tendulkar to go for the big ones...but he strategy backfired when ishant sharma took the aerial route instead....and u think ponting and co wud jus let tendulkar score a single off the last ball of every single over????? had sachin played like that ....it wud have denied the team so many scoring opportunities...coz some people cant stand a tailender facing more than one ball an over...hence no singles allowed first 4 balls

BLee and Johnson also outscored Roy in their respective p'ships with him in the first innings. That was because field was spread for Symmo. Same for SRT. Slogging to get 4s and 6s could have seen us end up with only a 10 run lead/deficit.

Spot on. Aussies had a very defensive field set for him and he said afterwards that getting out playing a rash shot wouldnt have been a great idea.....considering that our extremely capable tailenders were clearing the close in fielders so easily. Smart cricket by sachin.
truee ...it was sachin determination that got us this...he didnt jus want tailenders to survive out there...he guided them superbly and squeezed out some impossible looking runs...had they been defending 1-2 ball every over and not scoring any runs...we wud have bundled out for less than 400

truee ...it was sachin determination that got us this...he didnt jus want tailenders to survive out there...he guided them superbly and squeezed out some impossible looking runs...had they been defending 1-2 ball every over and not scoring any runs...we wud have bundled out for less than 400
If that was the case what was the point in that maiden over ?

If that was the case what was the point in that maiden over ?
one odd over doesnt change the face of the game or the strategy he followed...and he wanted to go for a big one the very last delivery of that over but he missed...so he had different plans than u think

Would you' date=' for a moment, entertain the idea that maybe it was a very good over? Did you even watch the match? Infact, have you ever seen a cricket match?[/quote'] Yeah that was a very good over and deserved to be maiden especially u have got a great batsman other end waiting to unleash on Brett Lee .:two_thumbs_up: U know i am leaving ,probably in a wrong place i am .

Yeah that was a very good over and deserved to be maiden especially u have got a great batsman other end waiting to unleash on Brett Lee .:two_thumbs_up: U know i am leaving ,probably in a wrong place i am .
whining over a maiden over in a test match....buddy u should leave....there is no hope for u

Guest HariSampath

Sachin said in the interview that the field was set spread and he didn't want to be rash. Fair enough, fielding captains know when 10 and 11 come, set batters will go for it, and try to minimise damage. This is where I had been saying Sachin should have played "smart cricket". Even if he could not hit boundaries , he could have forced twos off the first 4 deliveries and then a single or so. Of course a well set batter and one like Sachin is expected to do it.( especially on big Aussie grounds, forcing twos should be easy for someone on 140) The question is : How would have Sachin played if India needed 60 to win , with himself on 140 and RP comes in ? Will Sachin take singles off the first ball of each over ? NO WAY he should play like that, because game could be lost in 2 balls. He cannot COUNT ON RP or Ishant to get last 50 runs, he needs to do it himself. The only difference is we were not chasing a target, and so it didn't have immediate result. If Sachin had played with a 70 to win mindset when RP came in...we could have had a 100 lead, with both 10 and 11 hitting boundaries too. But overall a very good 150, and has set up a good position for India, although I feel the innings of the match so far has been VVS 100

whining over a maiden over in a test match....buddy u should leave....there is no hope for u
Very good ,carefully choosing words like ''maiden over in a test match''. well the reason Tendulkar never able to score a kind of innings which Dravid played in Rawalpindi ,or sehwag in multan ,Dravid in Adelaide and plenty more is his ''attitude '' .probably Dravid deserves such innings for his selfless attitude .

Smileys won't help you illogical conclusion. Sad to see that instead of presenting your arguments in a more convincing fashion, you've decided to leave. Pease do understand that this is a forum for debate and differences in opinion are to cherished and not looked down upon. I have no idea what you mean by "being in a wrong place".
where a mortal with all +,- being treated as a God.

what i said was he does care for statistics .He does .His snail like knock against Bangladesh when it was needed to speed up and this ,people can interpret in different ways,what i felt was ,he was reluctant to get out .