Do you want the tour to be called off ?

Chandan

Do you want the tour to be called off ?  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Can't say

I just get a feeling Sachin was at his usual diplomatic best, thats why. Anyways, BCCI has OFFICIALLY said that the racism allegation against Bhajji is "unfair and FALSE". That kinda hits the nail on the head. Obv, the team thinks he wasnt at fault.
:yay::dance::two_thumbs_up: YOU FINALLY GOT IT
He may have consulted on field umpires. U know what they are gonna say, right :hysterical: And if Steve Farkner, is cited as evidence for hearing Bhajji's Indian accent from that distance, when he could not hear his own fart, u gotta question the IQ of Proctor.
Hmm, i cant wait for the details to emerge !

I've voted already.. And we had been at the receiving end, everytime we tour down under... This is ridiculous... Soon after the match, Kumble was talking to Harsha... Harsha was congratulating him for his dignity and dis is what Kumble had to say "Dignity is not good enough to win matches in Australia"... I wish Ganguly was at the helm now. He would hve thrown the boys into the next plane to India and will be giving interviews here at Bombay and not Sydney ;)

my strong opinion is tat the tour should be called off un-conditionally. i.e even if bajji ban is removedand bucknor is removed frm the elite panel. the fact is that the sydney match result is not true... it should even be annuled. lets not give a damn abt the repurcussions... we are a wealthy cricketing nation. if there are any financial penalties that we need to pay cricket australia for lost revenue.. i'm sure we have the balls to run a separate worldcup in india if needed to raise the fund... or if the ICC has the guts to ban teamindia from international calendar, let be it... we dont care... that can boost our IPL plans and we can lure all the international cricketers to play in it.. all the other boards will have to send their A teams to honor Test and ODI commitments... Even in the case the tour is not called off and goes on... I would like to see all the 16 players to return and send our A team or may be under-19 team to play the next two tests. If ICC can field umpires who are not of international standards, then we dont have any issues in fieldingn our under 19 boys captained by Ishant Sharma may be to learn from Punter how to cheat...

Guest HariSampath

It is too binary a question and too early, in my opinion. Ideally, what all of us want in reality is the Bhajji issue is honorably resolved and the tour to go on because we all want to see cricket being played, but in the right spirit. The question is whether ICC wants the tour to go on, and if so, in what circumstances My vote will be as follows: If the BCCI appeal is upheld and Bhajji's ban lifted, YES tour should go on. If ICC says Bhajji's ban stays despite the appeal , tour should be called off. To my mind, the best solution would be to let Bhajji play the series and then consider the appeal. There is an important aspect of the Bhajji ban that borders on the ridiculous. IF Bhajji is really considered to have racially abused Symmonds, how come a ban for test matches alone is considered suffice ? So that means a player guilty of racial abuse cannot play tests, but can play ODIs and tour games ? Absurdity at its peak ! This is an important aspect of the principle of an offence and the punishment of a ban. If the idea behind handing out a ban to a player for an alleged offence is that he should not be taking part in ICC recognised cricket, ideally the ban should say"the player shall not take part in ANY further ICC cricket for a certain period". The nature of this type of ban alone is valid, and the one handed out to Bhajji ( as in other cases like doping, ball tampering etc) is self defeating. This particular ban means that Bhajji can play ODIs, has to sit out 2 tests and then one more test against SAF. What does this mean ? Bhajji is a tainted player in tests but he is OK in ODIs ? Nonsense. Taking this further, if this had been the last test, what happens ? Bhajji can play in the ODIs in Australia against the same team and players he is supposed to have abused racially and that too immediately, but he has to serve a 3 test ban in some future test series ( which could theoritically be months away). Who is the ICC trying to fool ? These larger issues of crime and punishment have to be addressed before ICC expects member countries and players to fall in line with rules and regulations holding them sacrosanct all the time, with ICC displaying a near dictatorial attitude.

Simply because pulling out from the tour is simply not the right reaction. The focus must be on the resolve them mess, first - get bhajji cleared, 2nd - remove Bucknor from Perth, and 3rd - do something about umpiring. Those things can be achieved using much more pragmatic means. I understand that angle, but lets get him cleared, if he is indeed innocent, using the appeals process.
I have an idea send the India F team to play the remaining matches.
Guest HariSampath
How could Prctor possibly make his judgment based on Aussie player testimonials ? For him to have made the decision he has made' date=' he obv has some evidence, dont know what it is though.[/quote'] Proctor has not made his decision based on the 2 Aussies evidence alone. An important aspect of the ICC referee enquiry is the report submitted by the 2 umpires. Although both of them had denied having heard anything, we must not forget that Benson had extensive discussions with Bhajji and also sachin on the field. What if Bhajji had said words to the effect that he was sorry for what happened etc to Benson ? It COULD have happened. Nothing has been reported at all on what transpired between the umpires and the players on the field. The umpires were the first witnesses on the field ( if we consider that Sachin is expected to be pro Bhajji and the Aussies expected to be anto Bhajji) who can be expected to be neutral, and even if they didn't hear directly what went on, the immediate talks with players on field would have indicated something
Guest HariSampath
Come on guys' date=' vote away. I've claimed that we have thousands of fans. And here it is just 22 who have voted![/quote'] Chandan, for me to vote, I can do so only if you qualify your question...what you have asked is like I mentioned earlier , too binary and too early

There was some words exchange and I can clearly lip read bhajji saying " I am sorry". I think he was asked by umpires/Sachin to apologize, must have made some remarks. Ponting as he is afraid of bhajji, took this opprotunity to malign bhajji was being racist..

if you guys take your bat and balls and go home this will have very serious consequences internationally. i have heard comments on here about bcci being richest board, lets flaunt it......this doesn't win friends, respect etc amongst other cricketing nations and goes a long way in replacing the aussies as the side everyone loves to hate so much. if we could find a way to resolve this that would be the best option but may not happen. i would prefer India to continue on, i saw some wonderful cricket on the 4 days i went in sydney. i also saw some very poor cricket from both sides too and abominable decisions made by umpires. umpires should go yes but would like to see India play on. resolve appeal ( but don't know how this will happen since he has been found guilty ) somehow...and continue on.....if hogg found guilty of tit-for-tat indian charge aussies sure to appeal too. can someone correct me if i am wrong, but didn't Innzy Al-Huq appeal his guilty charge and then get off? /not voting as this is a Indian poll

Chandan' date=' for me to vote, I can do so only if you qualify your question...what you have asked is like I mentioned earlier , too binary and too early[/quote'] Hari, if I'll add too many ifs and buts, the meaning of the poll might get lost to whom we're intending to send it. Hence just as the situation stands now, would you like the tour to be called off? Just remember, as the situation stands now, which says, Bhajji is still banned, Bucknor will umpire at Perth, and no action taken against Hogg!!
Agree with you. But here the intent of the umpires was questionable. Bucknor, for some reason was unwilling to give Symonds out. And for some reason, all the Australians knew that sooner or later, Bucknor will give someone out on Symonds, hence they were appealing even when bat was nowhere near the ball, the fielder caught the ball on one bounce or the ball pitched way outside leg or off. Plus, I had never seen a match in which both the umpires err on only one side. One was having a shocking match, understandable. But both of them were having poor match and as many as 10 decisions went against India while only three went against Australia. That is way too much I suppose. And then the behaviour of the Australians, umpire taking Ponting's word for the controversial catch and most importantly Bhajji being banned without evidence is another double whammy. That is why I'm asking.
Guest HariSampath
if you guys take your bat and balls and go home this will have very serious consequences internationally. i have heard comments on here about bcci being richest board, lets flaunt it......this doesn't win friends, respect etc amongst other cricketing nations and goes a long way in replacing the aussies as the side everyone loves to hate so much. if we could find a way to resolve this that would be the best option but may not happen. i would prefer India to continue on, i saw some wonderful cricket on the 4 days i went in sydney. i also saw some very poor cricket from both sides too and abominable decisions made by umpires. umpires should go yes but would like to see India play on. resolve appeal ( but don't know how this will happen since he has been found guilty ) somehow...and continue on.....if hogg found guilt aussies sure to appeal can someone correct me if i am wrong, but didn't Innzy Al-Huq appeal his guilty charge and then get off?
Tell me why tour should go on if Bhajji is considered racist and he insists he never said anything racist ? If you accuse me of something I didn't do, how would I feel like playing a game with you ?
Guest HariSampath

^...sure let the tour go on...we will play the ODIs now and we shall reschedule the last 2 tests for a later date...is this solution ok ?

i dont want to labour the point Hari, its not going to get me anywhere but to an aussie not of white skin colour and to any fair minded anglo australian this is a racist term. if he said it, it is racist, if he didn't say it then there is no basis for suspension and charge immediately should be dropped and apologies issued. i don't argue that part of it at all. i wish the match ref would make public his decision and why/how he arrived at it....this would explain it to everyone. and if he didn't say it i can understand all this.