India U19 vs England U19 series (5 ODIs,2 Tests)

tweaker

6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Heramb Parab is probably taller than him. Yash Tahkur is also tall. But Parab has been expensive. 

This is Heramb Parab.

Screenshot_2017-02-08-11-50-28-171.jpeg

Dravid is promoting quite a few international type pacers

Avesh, Khalil, Shuvam Mavi.....   now  Porel, Nagarkotti, Thakur and maybe even Parab..... all have looked like the right type of pacers.  Lots of tall, hit-the-deck seamers getting selected.

We are not seeing any trundlers which is great.

Edited by express bowling
14 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Avesh, Khalil, Shuvam Mavi.....   now  Porel, Nagarkotti, Thakur and maybe even Parab..... all have looked like the right type of pacers.  Lots of tall, hit-the-deck seamers getting selected.

Nagarkoti is short but he is probably the youngest of them at 17 and the quickest. If Nagarkoti is actually 17, he might still gain a few inches on him. Parab is probably trying to bowl quick and losing radar. Otherwise taller bowlers are mostly more accurate than  shorter bowlers. Parab is probably 6'2". 

Edited by rkt.india
8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Nagarkoti is short but he is probably the youngest of them at 17 and the quickest. If Nagarkoti is actually 17, he might still gain a few inches on him. Parab is probably trying to bowl quick and losing radar. Otherwise taller bowlers are mostly more accurate than  shorter bowlers. Parab is probably 6'2". 

Apart from Nagarkotti, all the other seamers are tall with good to decent pace and Nagarkotti is quick for his age.

Right kinds of selections 

58 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Change in culture, slowly but surely we will see less of the short trundlers like Vinay Kumar dominating domestic cricket.

Dont think Abhishek Sharma is going to keep his place in this team even as a player let alone captain. Same thing happened last time too when Virat Singh was the designated captain when U19 was selected but as they played some preparatory games, he could not even justify his place as a player and got dropped and was not picked for U19 squad for WC.

Edited by rkt.india
5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Dont think Abhishek Sharma is going to keep his place in this team even as a player let alone captain. Same thing happened last time too when Virat Singh was the designated captain when U19 was selected but as they played some preparatory games, he could not even justify his place as a player and got dropped and was not picked for U19 squad for WC.

he is probably the youngest too, give him a break. You forgot too early he got a 5fer in the Youth asia cup final.

He is there for a reason after a splendid performance in the U16 format. It's not his fault that he has been given the captaincy right after coming into U19. Ideally Rana who is already 19yrs should be captain & Sharma should just focus on his game, he is just 16!!!!!

Edited by nsareen
14 minutes ago, nsareen said:

he is probably the youngest too, give him a break. You forgot too early he got a 5fer in the Youth asia cup final.

He is there for a reason after a splendid performance in the U16 format. It's not his fault that he has been given the captaincy right after coming into U19. Ideally Rana who is already 19yrs should be captain & Sharma should just focus on his game, he is just 16!!!!!

does not matter whether he is youngets or not. He has been failing with the bat consistently. If he does not do well, he has no place in this side. He is young, so, he can aim for next world, not this when he will be 18-19.

does not matter whether he is youngets or not. He has been failing with the bat consistently. If he does not do well, he has no place in this side. He is young, so, he can aim for next world, not this when he will be 18-19.

If I say how is Dravid thinking it's about learning from mistakes. He was man of the match in the finals, he has failures in this series, I would not want to shatter his confidence, instead challenge him to improve. You are being too ruthless probably because this is how we feel for the seniors, but for juniors I believe we have to be a bit more patient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I say how is Dravid thinking it's about learning from mistakes. He was man of the match in the finals, he has failures in this series, I would not want to shatter his confidence, instead challenge him to improve. You are being too ruthless probably because this is how we feel for the seniors, but for juniors I believe we have to be a bit more patient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk