Sachin should play a more visible role

veer

NEW DELHI, January 7: Upset over the ban imposed on Harbhajan Singh, Sachin Tendulkar on Monday sent an sms to BCCI chief Sharad Pawar assuring him that the off-spinner was innocent and suggesting that India should play the third Test only if the punishment is revoked. "Harbhajan is innocent and I can assure you on this. In this hour of crisis, the Board should stand by him. I suggest we should play in Perth only if the ban is lifted," Tendulkar reportedly told Pawar through the text message. Sachin was among the five Indians, who attended the ICC Match Referee Mike Procter's hearing into the allegation of racial abuse made by Australian all-rounder Andrew Symonds. Pawar, meanwhile, said he spoke to Indian skipper Anil Kumble and team manager Chetan Chauhan also before the appeal against Procter's verdict was prepared and the BCCI was expecting a response from the ICC by Tuesday. "I have seen the draft and it was approved by Arun Jaitely and other colleagues. I spoke to skipper Anil Kumble, Sachin Tendulkar and manager Chetan Chauhan, understood the situation and took their views and assessement." "We have demanded the supension of the ban. We are expecting (a response) from the ICC by tomorrow. We also have a Working Committee meeting, so will take the final decision tomorrow," Pawar told reporters in New Delhi.

Sachin should play a more visible role We know that he is respected in Australia and is considered a gret competitor who wont back away from a fight. He should hold a press conference and make the points that a) Ozs played in poor spirit and that Bhajji was targeted and framed (since he was batting his words will have more credibility). I will take SRTs word and bet the farm that even in Australia they will take his word over Ponting or Clark. Reports say that SRT is playing an active role behind the scenes - time for him to step up.

We know that he is respected in Australia and is considered a gret competitor who wont back away from a fight. He should hold a press conference and make the points that a) Ozs played in poor spirit and that Bhajji was targeted and framed (since he was batting his words will have more credibility). I will take SRTs word and bet the farm that even in Australia they will take his word over Ponting or Clark. Reports say that SRT is playing an active role behind the scenes - time for him to step up.
He will be called for hearings. Sachin is the key behind this show stopper. ICC and BCCI will come out with a deal overnight. There will not be any apology business!
Guest HariSampath
If u want visible drama' date=' please call up on Chunky Lafanga to represent the Indian cricket team. Drama like none will be provided, ofcourse I can help out too with some drama, hehe...[/quote'] finey....YOU and chunky the tharki rascal....LOL...what a day that would be...my full vote for both of you umpiring in Perth...:two_thumbs_up:...how will the game go first 5 overs if Aus bats ??? ( unless Chunky isn't gazing at those bikinis..LOl ...fat chances) howzaaaat...and Chukny will say " OUT of the world" :haha:

It will be interesting if one of the better writers of ICF can also write a humor thread if the umpires at the two ends are Marirs_Mania and Boss_Bhai. Third Umpire: Shwetabh Match Referee: Dhondy the doc There cast is ready (minor tweaks in casting allowed if u want), Now someone write a humor piece, come on. Hari can start the first version...

Guest HariSampath
It will be interesting if one of the better writers of ICF can also write a humor thread if the umpires at the two ends are Marirs_Mania and Boss_Bhai
Close of first day : India : 1037 for 2 : Sachin 753 notout:D

HS, That apart whether to refer to Shwetabh the third umpire or not will cause stoppage of play when MM and BB are umpires. So, it will be 12-0 with match delayed :D To use or not to use... (technology that is :P) Thats a great movie, btw, To be or not to be! Brilliant one, ok i digress, thread hijacked :thumbs_up:

HS, That apart whether to refer to Shwetabh the third umpire or not will cause stoppage of play when MM and BB are umpires. So, it will be 12-0 with match delayed :D To use or not to use... (technology that is :P) Thats a great movie, btw, To be or not to be! Brilliant one, ok i digress, thread hijacked :thumbs_up:
It is safe to i am the most mis-understood, mis-quoted poster ever ! Posters, without even making an effort to even completely understand what i am saying, label me anti-technology, traditionalist and all that ! Its very unfortunate !
Thats because I think you yourself dont know where you stand and your vago answers to pointed questions further confirm your ambiguity .. and then you have that avatar and siggy ... belittling a umpire who you need to be respecting going by your conservative stand.
That is because you dont think or try to understand what i am trying to say and just keep posting whatever comes to your mind. I was always, am and will be a severe critic of bad umpiring, no questions asked. But I have always maintained and will continue to maintain that we need to keep technology out of the art of umpiring as much as possible.
It is safe to i am the most mis-understood' date=' mis-quoted poster ever ! Posters, without even making an effort to even completely understand what i am saying, label me anti-technology, traditionalist and all that ! Its very unfortunate ![/quote'] MM, In the above post, it was more a humor post. But in all seriousness, yes, you do come across as someone who is a traditionalist (with respect to cricket umpiring, i wont generalize to all life issues) and anti-technology(again with respect to cricket). Sorry that we may misunderstand, but we are only having interaction with you online via posts, PMs etc where we touched upon this. But given that I've read quite a few posts, this conclusion seems the one that comes to mind. I dont think we have all read it too wrong either. We all can form some reasonable conclusions, and that is the same that is being done here. There is *no* charm in spending time watching cricket, keeping aside real life activities, and then to see a wrong umpiring decision. Even one wrong decision (when it is CLEAR in replays that it is wrong) takes away the charm of cricket. Charm evaporates, even if it is merely a single really poor decision, when a few seconds of replay can have provided the right decision. I say this whether the wrong decision is against or in favor of India. Either case.
It is safe to i am the most mis-understood' date= mis-quoted poster ever ! Posters, without even making an effort to even completely understand what i am saying, label me anti-technology, traditionalist and all that ! Its very unfortunate !
Or maybe you are one of those who happen to have a mind of their own and not become jingoistic like everyone else. Why will anyone waste his breath "understanding" where you come from when he/she could easily chastise you as a "confused" person? This whole umpiring-racism-player behaviour reminds me of a fantastic line from Cormac McCarthy's No Country for Old Men. In the book the sherriff, a typical old Southern man, goes thus - Pretty much the end of the civilization starts when young pups forget their basic manners and stop addressing their seniors with a Sir or Madam. It is not very surprising that the call for technology/umpires head has also coincided with the era of boorish behaviour by players. While it is debatable that umpiring skills have been on downslide in past decade or so, it is beyond debate that players from most countries today are ill-mannered, over appealing bunch of lads who beleive sledging/mind games is a part of game. xxx