Sachin should play a more visible role

veer

MM, what changes I want...the changes that ICC proposed and then got shuttled becos Aus, Pak and few others voted otherwise (and maybe some more) I want appeal/challenge system for umpiring. Refer to third umpire for bat pad catches, did ball hit the ground. Refer to TV slow mo snickometers, hot spots for edges to keeper and slips if challenged. If not challenged, dont bother. Use Tech for LBW for where the ball pitched and impact spot whether it is in line.
So, why do we need on-field umpires then ? and more pertinently, why do you think none of the captains from ANY country so far have asked for such far-reaching changes ?
So' date=' why do we need on-field umpires then ? and more pertinently, why do you think none of the captains from ANY country so far have asked for such far-reaching changes ?[/quote'] Not all decisions will be challenged in the "challenge system". Teams if they dont use it judiciously will waste away their 3 challenges. So, if challenged then lbw, edges can be looked at. regarding captains, well we'll see what happens now on.
And I suppose that is a disaster according to you ... why exactly ? Cue: The time to go silent is around the corner.
Yes, silence is the BEST response, for this case.
You tell me the ICC is not the type of org that has the habit of explaining itself... I have written a no.of times to them but never got a single response. the ICC is swarming with old fashioned people ... so its not hard to guess the reasons.
Old fashioned ? Is that the reason why they first introduced the 50 over game and now 20/20 ? Day/night matches, colored clothing, fielding restrictions, power plays, only 2 bouncers per over, 20/20 and you call them old-fashioned ! Bravo !
Anyways' date=' this thing is again getting into the territory of the boring practise of me repeating the same thing that i have been saying for the last many months. [b']I dont have the energy anymore ! Adios all of ya, keep well !
You wanna bet on it? 10,000 ICF$ says I will catch you doing this technology-umpire debate very soon! You wanna take that up? :regular_smile:
You wanna bet on it? 10' date='000 ICF$ says I will catch you doing this technology-umpire debate very soon! You wanna take that up? :regular_smile:[/quote'] :D You know what my problem actually is Lurks ? I start on something related to umpiring and technology, with some one having pointed out something new and refreshing, but when all the usual suspects pop-in too, that is when the debate degenerates to being the boring repetition of the things that were already said in the past.

:cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile:

is that why MM and you go silent when confronted with the eternal question of WTH is charming about this nonsense ?
Silent? You are flattering yourself BB. Atleast have some decency when you speak to me or feel free to be on my Ignore button forever, clear? I have discussed the same umpiring vs technology issue with you since god knows when, and in last 2 days itself we have traded about 40-50 odd posts who what the F**K are you on about going silent? Do you realize that not everyone is obsessed with same subjects??
why Iam ranting ? ... lets see if I make a very simple list if it wasnt already clear. 1. Bucknor isnt the only umpire that can and has screwed us. 2. Technology is the only solution to this mess. 3. I find nothing charming at all about morons screwing up in crucial situations. 4. As per the trend data we usually get on the wrong side of this charm and that is not acceptable. Lets see if you guys can come up with a simple clear list likewise.
Okay let me take you up on that smarty pants. I give you technology. I give you all decisions taken in the comfort of commentator's box, best possible angles, Hawkeyes, Infra-red etc etc AND I give you Bucknor the umpire to use that tool. Would you feel comfortable with it? Straight forward question, so give me a Simple yes and no. xxx
Point me to the post where you explain clearly how Human element = good/charming/whatever and we can take it from there. Also provide a real life example and not some hypothetical BS.
This is a classic example of why I don't waste my time on you. Only yesterday you were nauseating the same thing Human element = good/charming/whatever and made the following comments
And I still await a reasonable response backed up by some sort of facts on the "Human element = charming" excuse that most of the old fashioned people love soo much
My reply was
You are bsing as usual. Show me ONE post in this thread of the other where I have mentioned Human element = charming. Just ONE post shall suffice. Please show me or admit you are just plain insinuating.
and then you followed it up with a
Ok fair enough i will take your word. Then whats your view on this ... ? You dont trust technology and you are sort of pro-establishment. If not why are we even arguing here ?
http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=86923 So let me get this straight. You attribute something that I NEVER said, then want me to defend it, on showing you that I havent even made that comment, you agree it is so and then repeat the offence the next day. So do allow me to tell you to take that Human element = good/charming/whatever and shove it up your rear!!!
It will be pretty retardedly difficult for even Bucknor to bluntly ignore say a Symonds caught behind like situation if he were the 3rd umpire ... Could there still be some errors ? Possibly ... but there wont be the glaring daylight robbery like what happens usually. Case in point is the similar situation that existed prior to when the line decisions were refered.
In other words even if you get it all you can NOT say with certainty that you will give me 100% fair game, can you?? Forget Bucknor even with a different umpire we saw aberration with a stumping at SCG. Moral of the story - It is NOT technology or the Human touch, it is ultimately the person behind it. xxx
Guest dada_rocks

Why when it coems to tehcnology it has to be 100% or nothing but umpiring howlers is kosher and charmign too I might add. the one redeeming thing about technology is its level of consistency whatever be the percentage.. technology is not going to say u not nicked when u did.. technology is not going to say ball was pitched in line when it's clearly pitched outside .. Whatever the accuracy it remains the same for all players and all teams.

because as of today in a discussion centered mainly on Human element and charm you said this :
Lets see what I said.
I dont expect modern cricket fans to have an aorta of cricketing history knowledge but I would expect them to be decent towards those who are deemed "traditionalist" or in love with "charm" of cricket. At the end of the day cricket is a charming game of touch and finesse and not a contact sport. Quite frankly you are plain stubborn if you fail to realize that any sane cricket fan who supports human umpire is also the first to criticize Steve Bucknor at SCG. It is simply your ego that is stopping you. I am yet to see a person here support Bucknor. Every cricket fan, technolgy supporter or not, wants Bucknor to be shoved off so what exactly are you ranting on about here? I have discussed the same umpiring vs technology issue with you since god knows when, and in last 2 days itself we have traded about 40-50 odd posts who what the F**K are you on about going silent? Do you realize that not everyone is obsessed with same subjects??
All 3 posts that YOU have quoted. Now show me where I have said human umpire = charm. Go ahead and tell me, you have just assumed from your own side, and you are one suspicious person, and have done the same mistake you did yesterday! Only today you have the galls to be more vociferous about it. So yes show me champ where I have said in black and white, since thats how you work, human umpire = charm.
So do allow me to tell you to take that Human element = good / charming / whatever
Yes I am gonna stick with it since you dont deserve any better. As they say once bitten twice shy, you make the same mistake again and again so you aptly deserve it.
and your reasoning for arriving at the conclusion that ALL of those errors would have ended in a erroneous decision even with replay and technology is ?
My reasoning was crystal clear. It is NOT the technology that will usher a "fair" era but those who use it. This is assuming the technology is 100% foolproof, which it clearly isnt. Even those Indians who want technology would not want a Steve Bucknor operating it. Simple. I can still see technology leaving little room for error in line based decision which is what I have always supported but in close catch situation, no-ball I will go with umpires and you have heard that argument from me for about dozen odd posts now. xxx