Official Status of 2nd TEST

Rajiv

The test needs to be nullified. If umpire is fired, then mistake has been acknowledged. Not mistake, but grave blunder - that caused a firing to happen in 2 days time. Test result must be nullified. We should launch a campaign for this next. Dont leave any stone unturned.

The test will not be nullified and we need to understand ICC's problems in it. If they nullify the test today, several other teams will demand the same on umpiring errors. It should be enough to have punishments. I would love to see Clark and Ponting punished following the Rashid Latif example. I would also like to see punishment for Benson and Proctor. And of course Hogg.

Umpire was fired due to errors in the 2nd TEST, how does it become legitimate? In hindsight, this is will be the most controversial win/farce and Australian Cricketing History anyways, the stadium will stink of unfair play
Quite wrong, Rajeev. He was replaced because of India's blackmail. Pure & simple.
Guest dada_rocks
Quite wrong, Rajeev. He was replaced because of India's blackmail. Pure & simple.
u senile fool what happened to ur religious following of offiocial line.., u harp win is win doesn;t matter how it comes so official line is offcial line doesn;t matter how it came..

Bucknor represents the ICC elite panel. For the sake of cricket I hope he isn't dropped forever, as it will only mask the total incompetence of the entire panel sans taufel. Only with guys like bucknor in full form more often than not, is there any hope for technology to come in and rescue the game.

Which countries voted against increased use of technology in international matches? I hope it was not India, or we only have ourselves to blame. Umpires are fallible, even Taufel. If we want to have correct decisions in the eyes of all cricket fans and avoid complaints of bias, we must adopt technology into the game before another crisis of this type. If we claim that all 50-50 umpire decisions favour Australia, then we and all other countries should vote for use of technology to eliminate as far as possible the possibility of human bias in decisions. Until we do so, we should stop whining about the incompetent umpires.