Now that Bhajji is in the team again...[Perth Team Selection thread]

varun

Moving on to Perth Sehwag must play in place of Jaffer. Yuvi should have another chance as I can't believe he isn't good enough for test cricket. Symonds had difficulty adjusting to test cricket and now look at him (OK with a bit of help from the umpires:wink_smile:). Bhajji must play, but should insist on wearing a microphone like they do in some Twenty20 matches so he can't be accused of racist taunts of which he is innocent. Anil and Ricky must talk to their own players and then meet and shake on new attitude from all players on each side toward their opponents so that cricket skill comes to the fore and not childish bickering and name calling. At least we know their is true feeling behind this series - not at all boring from now on! We ended Aussies last streak at 16 and we can do it again. That will fix unsporting Aussies much better than crying like spoilt children that everyone including officials are against us.

Would it make us look silly if we dropped Harbhajan for the Perth test?
who cares, i think we need to replace hsingh with psingh and jaffer for sehwag and yuvi for pathan who can open. my line up - sehwag pathan dravid tendulkar ganguly laxman dhoni kumble rp pankaj singh sharma

I would bring Sehwag for Jaffer and Pathan for UV... to make it 5 batsmen + WK + 1 all rounder (bit of stretch but still..) + 4 bowlers... Sehwag can't be any worse than Jaffer at the moment and UV seems to be struggling a lot .. i am kind of tempted to do a little needling to some of the posters here for UV issue.. but aah.. will let it go

I think Kumble will go with this team Jaffer Dravid Laxman Sachin Ganguly Sehwag Pathan Dhoni Kumble RP Ishant sehwag will provide an offspinner's option...and if Jaffer fails in 1st innings, Sehwag can open with Dravid.. I think this is best possible combination.

though we should b continuing witrh bhajji, he maybe be left out d pitch is believed 2 b helpful 4 pacers only problem will b, who other than bhajji will get punter's wicket? that too 4 a cheap score yuvi, not in good nick, must make way 4 sehwag sehwag jaffer dravid laxman sachin saurav dhoni pathan kumble rp ishant one thing must b made sure- if sehwag is in playing 11, he has to open no point bringing him in middle order coz karthick can do better than him in middle sehwag has 2 give us a good start, only then can v match up2 d standard of pitch, get runs, which need 2 b gotten on dis fast track pathan, should b preferred ahead of vrv n pankaj, coz they have bn wicketless in d practice match mayb there can b a conflict in d order as sachin at 4 and then laxman at 6 but laxman doing good one-down may retain his place up the order

Hayden likely to be ruled out, Chris Rogers drafted in Hayden undergoing acupuncture to heal hamstring He could be out for a month with a mysterious hamstring injury. Hayden will fly to Perth with the rest of his teammates on Saturday, where Kountouris will put him through his paces. His fitness test will involve several strength tests, which will show whether the injury has improved. If it hasn't, Hayden is likely to be ruled out immediately and Chris Rogers drafted in.