Kohli's Asia Cup absence is an advantage - Hasan Ali

Switchblade

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/103949/virat-kohli-asia-cup-absence-advantage-india-pakistan-cricket-hasan-ali-fitness

"We are on top right now and they [India] will be under pressure from the previous defeat," said Hasan while speaking to reporters. "In UAE, these are our conditions, we have the home advantage as we have been playing here for long and very much aware how to use the conditions well. There is definitely a pressure but I feel good when pressure mounts on me because that is where I try to perform and help my side win."

"Kohli is a very good player. We all know he is match winner," he said.

"Though India are still a good side, his absence is going to be an advantage for us. He can drive his team out of pressure anytime and any newcomer won't be good enough to handle the pressure. I am definitely going to miss bowling at him. It's natural that every young bower would like to have his wicket.

"But it's okay if he is not coming ... I will look for him the next time. I wasn't targeting Kohli only. We are not going to play only against India as there are other teams [in the tournament] as well. Our main focus is the entire tournament rather than winning one game and losing others. We have do well to beat every team and try to win the tournament."

"People might be comparing my fitness results with Kohli, but he is fitter anyway," he pointed out. "He is a world class player, he is our senior and a legend. There is nothing like I am competing with him, but I have enhanced my focus to be fitter which is anyway required for me. As a youngster you have to look after yourself properly and keep yourself fit. I want to play Test cricket and that's my ambition. Similarly like my T20I and ODI performance, I want to carry on my good work in Tests as well and with my fitness, I can go long way with it."

"I would like to do my wicket-taking celebration 10 times against India but let's see what happens. I will do my best to take wickets for my team and for my fans who want to see my wicket-taking celebrations"

4 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

What these jokers are forgetting is UAE wickets do not support swing. Indian batsmen even without Kohli will be a handful on such dead wickets. I reckon Hassan Ali is in for the fainta of his life.

Seems India is be all and end all for them so far statements from Latif,Ali,Imam,Fahim and Zaman in fact Imam and Fahim were making statements during Zimbabwe tour itself.