Feroz Shah Kotla bans keychains

Sam10

https://m.timesofindia.com/news/ban-on-keychains-in-kotla-ground-irks-delhi-ipl-spectators/articleshow/68656052.cms

The level of harassment at Feroz Shah Kotla is increasing day by day. If stripping spectators initially was not enough, now they have banned keychains. Before entering the stadium, when you stand in Shah Rukh Khan pose, 2 security guys from both the sides gives you a free body massage. Inspite of wearing just a T-shirt and a jeans over a brief along with a belt, they were pressing my body as if I am wearing a metal shield. My wallet was taken out and searched (They might have wanted to know how rich/poor I am) and my belt buckle was slightly pulled in front (maybe they thought it was a detonator). As if doing all these once is not enough, they repeat the same exercise twice or thrice just to be sure.......

At the Wankhede they are selective about key chain bans. I've been allowed to keep em,  but I've seen people who are asked to deposit key chains and car keys too.

Especially if you have the seats close to the ground. Their 'logic' being that people can and at times do throw key chains at opposition fielder's. And yes those key chains with laser pointers are a strict no-no. 

During the inaugural IPL, which was at the Brabourne stadium, people were allowed to bring in pets/alcohol and what not. It was more carnival like then. Of course since 26/11 security has taken a new level of importance and understandably so.

Brother ,it is Delhi....the Capital.

Security has to be tight specially post strikes in Pak and also because it is election time.

Kissi ke mooh par terrorist nahi likha hota....na apke  na asli terrorist ke.

A little bit of trouble will save big trouble for all.

Thoda patience rakh lo.

I have been patient for years. This year it has actually turned damn excessive. I am going to a stadium to enjoy the evening and not to an airport or a military base. I just wanted to point out that all these procedures could be done with more courtesy. A metal detector could be used instead of meticulous body search with bare hands. A little bit more privacy could be given during the search especially when they asked me to partially lift up my shirt to check underneath my belt buckle. What could I possibly be hiding there? 

What say @beetle?

19 minutes ago, Sam10 said:

I have been patient for years. This year it has actually turned damn excessive. I am going to a stadium to enjoy the evening and not to an airport or a military base. I just wanted to point out that all these procedures could be done with more courtesy. A metal detector could be used instead of meticulous body search with bare hands. A little bit more privacy could be given during the search especially when they asked me to partially lift up my shirt to check underneath my belt buckle. What could I possibly be hiding there? 

What say @beetle?

Bhai...it is a question of peoples lives.

Metal detectors and all is fine but they have to frisk.

Airport does not deal with the number of people as a match . Besides so many security people will be needed. That will result in shooting up of ticket prices.

If you can deal with the frisking and patting at the airport,why object here.

A bomb will kill the same way in a stadium and airplane.

Of course ,a bit of courtesy on both sides would be welcome.

Dilli ke security waale aur hum dilli ncr ke log...all could do with a bit of courtsey.

Edited by beetle